The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Trapdoor Volume 2 news (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dscanning
View Profile
Loyal user
209 Posts

Profile of dscanning
I just met with Steve Beam and he says that he will be sending Volume 2 of the Trapdoor to the printers sometime next month. Very excited. He showed me a trick that is being added via the Addendum entitled CASTING CALL. This is a card trick for a small to medium sized group of people. You hand the deck to a spectator and he shuffles it any way he desires. Totally fair. The deck is passed around from 2 to 14 spectators. Each takes the deck and themselves remove ANY card that appeals to them. All the chosen cards are collected, those collected cards can then be shuffled by a spectator and he can then stick those cards into the center of the deck. Deck is again shuffled. Performer deals out 7 rows in a random and haphazard order so that the 52 cards are all face up. Each spectator who is thinking of a card is given a poker chip which he lays down alongside the row that his card is in. Performer now reveals exact card each and every spectator is thinking of and never asks a single question. When Steve showed this to me, I was speechless and had nary a clue as to how it was possible. This is the best party trick that I have ever seen. Can be a borrowed deck, nothing added or taken away. Can be done impromptu if someone hands you a deck of cards. Doesn't even need to be a full deck.
Doug Canning
Judah Vee
View Profile
Special user
of the JV Naughty Vanish....
882 Posts

Profile of Judah Vee
Whew... Glad I didn'y have to push him for this volume!!!! Great news and I can not wait to pick it up to match the first volume!!!!

Judah
I don't care how fast or slow you are.... As long as I am faster.. -J-
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3261 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
Terrific news! Im still reading volume one with delight ...
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6011 Posts

Profile of motown
My wallet is getting thinner and thinner with so many great books coming out this year.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Trapdoor Volume 2 news (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL