The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Signature by Thomas Rembault (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
OK- so after checking the tracking number- it says my package should be there- delivered this morning! I have to try and finish out the day at work but you can bet I will be checking this out this evening. Look for a post tomorrow!

RNK
Check out Bafflingbob.com
Arteco
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of Arteco
The DVD in English is totally finished. Whoever pre-ordered their unit will receive their DVD in English, as I am shipping theirs today. And for all new order, the DVD will be in both languages, french and English.
Arteco
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of Arteco
The DVD in English is totally finished. Whoever pre-ordered their unit will receive their DVD in English, as I am shipping theirs today. And for all new order, the DVD will be in both languages, french and English.
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Are extra pens available to purchase so it could be talen to 5 and at what cost
cheerz
hefemexy
View Profile
Elite user
434 Posts

Profile of hefemexy
Okay, I give up what was your card?

https://www.facebook.com/lionsmagic

Look nothing up my sleeves, but you're not wearing sleeves

takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Many thanks hefemexy,
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
OK- got my package in. First, I cannot comment on the DVD yet- my copy is in French. They are sending me a copy in English- as soon as I get that and watch it- I will comment on the DVD. As for the pens- they are very nicely made. The pens do not look gimmicked at all. They have a very classy/elegant look about them. Ateco made the pens very user friendly. To do the switch from a writing pen to a non-writing pen is much easier than what I expected-very devious! Are they examinable- very much so. Though, I wouldn't want to let the spec check just one pen for a long time- I don't think this would happen beacuse the spec will want to check all the pens. And we all know the adage - "Audience Management"! The workings of the pen let you totally concentrate on your presentation and make the routine very easy to do. The only question I have is the durability of the pens. They seem to be well made but with anything- you never know with use over time. After you push the pen top to open it- there is a button on the clasp to close it- I just hope that the button used to close the pen doesn't break because if it does- you will not be able to use it. Though, Arteco did make mention to me that the pens went through exceptional quality control and assurance tests. As a matter of fact- that's why I did not receive the pens earlier- they had a few issues and only wanted to ship when everything was good. So I am assuming that for the price of this that the pens should last.

All in all I am happy with my purchase- I am happy with Aretco's customer service- they kept me in the loop from the time I ordered to the time I got my package. For that- I wouldn't hesitate to purchase another product from Arteco.

Again, I think this effect would be a very nice addition to ones set. Think about the tension/excitement- writing out an actual check to someone for whatever amount of money and they get to keep the check if they guess what pens was used to write the check! I also like the fact that this can be used for any venue- close-up, parlour and/or stage! That's a big seller for me!

Any questions-pm me!

RNK
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
OK- got my English version DVD in the mail yesterday. Good production but there is a part on the French version that (i think but not sure because I don't speak French) shows about maintenance of the pens which is left out of the English version. I did learn that switching the pens back and forth from writing to non-writing is more devious than what I thought. The DVD shows a more natural way- no one would ever figure out when the pens were being switched if they were watching the routine- not even magicians.

In the end- if this is a type of effect that you would want to perform- I think this is great. VERY organic and nothing to hide. So simple- just concentrate on your presentation. As soon as I perform it for someone- I will let you know what kind of reactions I get.

RNK
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2531 Posts

Profile of brehaut
Thanks for the review RNK---look forward to see what kind of reactions you get
Scott Fridinger
View Profile
Special user
Gloucester Pt, VA
893 Posts

Profile of Scott Fridinger
Are the pens refillable?
www.JustGreatMagic.com
Sleight of Hand, Sleight of Mind
Jerskin
View Profile
Inner circle
2496 Posts

Profile of Jerskin
Stevens Magic now has this.
GrEg oTtO

MUNDUS VULT DECIPI
Arteco
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of Arteco
Hi,

The french version describe how to gimmick the pens. When the video was shot in French originally, we didn't know if we would have the pens already gimmicked or not. It turns out we decided to gimmicked them ourself, so that when someone buys the trick, the pens are ready to perform. Therefore, the french version of the DVD shows you how to gimmick the pen, and because it is useless, I removed this part from the translation.

As per the additional trick explained in the French version, I did not translate it either, because it could have take another 2 weeks of work, and for me, the most important was to have a DVD in English that explains the basic routine, more than any other routines. Feel free to look at the french version to see an additional routine. Even though it is in French, you will easily understand the basics of that extra routine.

For ink refill, send me an email at contact@artecoproductions.com I will explain you how to refill the ink for the pens. The best would be of course to use the pens only for performing, therefore, leaving you with a something around 10 to 15 thousands performances before you run out of ink Smile

PS : Thanks RNK for the review !
Arteco
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of Arteco
Hi,

I was able to get my hand on hundreds of ink refills.

So if ever the ink of your pen is running out, simply return me the empty shell, and I will replace it for free with a new one of the color of your choice !

Sincerely,
Arteco.
hefemexy
View Profile
Elite user
434 Posts

Profile of hefemexy
I got these in now, very beautiful, english dvd is nice, I just think they should have put a section to repair. One of my pens is acting up already but hopefull it will be an easy fix.

Arteco
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of Arteco
Hi !

I am not sure what you mean by acting up, but if you have an issue of any kind with one of your pens, please let me know by email : contact@artecoproductions.com

We will definitely work it out with you, repair it or replace it if needed.

Sincerely,
Arteco
tmoca
View Profile
Inner circle
1113 Posts

Profile of tmoca
Are the pen tips "out" the entire time or do you you have to click it to extract it once they choose the pen?

In the demo they are already out.

and if not....aren't people somewhat familiar with something that is a pretty general item that could cause the same effect?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

I do like the idea!
hefemexy
View Profile
Elite user
434 Posts

Profile of hefemexy
You have to click it...

tmoca
View Profile
Inner circle
1113 Posts

Profile of tmoca
Quote:
On 2011-10-20 09:51, hefemexy wrote:
You have to click it...

Wow...then the method seems pretty transparent to me and I would assume most others as well.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On 2011-10-20 11:29, tmoca wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-10-20 09:51, hefemexy wrote:
You have to click it...

Wow...then the method seems pretty transparent to me and I would assume most others as well.

MAYBE to a magician, and I say Maybe, but to a layman- NO way. They have NO idea how it works. These are awesome!

RNK
tmoca
View Profile
Inner circle
1113 Posts

Profile of tmoca
Are you kidding right? The pens have nothing to do with magician think.

I don't know the method, I am just assuming it uses a pen that has been around for years, which by the way, I have seen much thinner and much more elegant versions of them. Yes the better ones are a bit pricey, which justifies the cost.

But I am still under the firm belief that a method, whether legit or not is obvious.

Heck, I remember having a pen like this when I was in primary school. Granted not very deceiving, but it did just what the newer ones do. I knew about these long before I had Magician Think on my brain....lol.

Just asked the guy next to me if he would have any idea how it was done....he whipped out a pen for is ******...hahaha same principle. He is not a magician.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Signature by Thomas Rembault (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL