We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Kids and "ownership"/property rights. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of gdw
I found this rather interesting:

http://www.sciencenews.org/view/generic/......wnership

Still a small sample set, so it could certainly use more study.

Thoughts?
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
EsnRedshirt
View Profile
Special user
Newark, CA
895 Posts

Profile of EsnRedshirt
Sounds about right, especially that last example about the cell phone. My twenty-eight month old's idea of sharing: You use it for 10 seconds, he uses it for the rest of the evening.

And another amusing tale, at least for me: last night he watched about an hour of TV, then I told him it was time for my show, and changed the channel.
"No daddy show! Alex show!"
"Alex, we've watched three of your shows, now it's my turn to watch for a bit."
"Daddy, you need to share the TV!"
Both me and my wife started to laugh as she said, "Alex, that's what he's doing..."

Sharing is a difficult concept for kids to learn, though my son's getting better at it- he'll eagerly share with adults and older kids... but he still pushes away younger kids. I guess he either thinks they don't have the language skills to understand when he asks for it back, or, more cynically, he's not worried the smaller kids will push him back.
Self-proclaimed Jack-of-all-trades and google expert*.

* = Take any advice from this person with a grain of salt.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Kids and "ownership"/property rights. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL