The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Cocktail Shaker Cups & Balls (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
panlives
View Profile
Inner circle
2087 Posts

Profile of panlives
The Tim Ellis routine mentioned by Mr. Biro earlier in this thread:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xV30vPxEhZo
"Is there any point to which you would wish to draw my attention?"
"To the curious incident of the dog in the night-time."
"The dog did nothing in the night-time."
"That was the curious incident," remarked Sherlock Holmes.
Slide
View Profile
Special user
533 Posts

Profile of Slide
There is a big resurgence of classic cocktail bars in manhattan. Places like Death & Company in the east village is a good example: each cocktail is like watching a show as they put it together. Expensive, but worth it for the show.
Donnie Buckley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Cleveland, Ohio
1123 Posts

Profile of Donnie Buckley
I'm always willing to pay more for just about anything if the presentation is entertaining! Except dentistry.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
TIM lectured at IMX and tipped every move and more on his Run Around Sue routine. So well thought out, executed and entertaining.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
conjurormatt
View Profile
Regular user
Ft. Worth, TX
181 Posts

Profile of conjurormatt
I agree with Pete. There is more to the routine then initially meets the eye.
Matthew Martin
"Merely to be acquainted with the basic secret of a card trick, in no way qualifies you to perform it. Few people realize that even a simple trick in the hands of a capable performer can become a minor miracle."
~Dai Vernon
Montana76
View Profile
Inner circle
I hope I one day reach
1177 Posts

Profile of Montana76
Just revisiting an old thread. I'm looking for a small shaker that will let me rest small balls on top. I got a Boston Shaker as a gift from a friend but the top was rounded..

Any tips?
conjurormatt
View Profile
Regular user
Ft. Worth, TX
181 Posts

Profile of conjurormatt
You might check out Roger Nicots "the bar cup reloaded" and see it that fits what your wanting. You can get it from card shark by going to: http://www.vintage-series.com/iphone/sho......rtID=191

cheers!
Matt M.
Matthew Martin
"Merely to be acquainted with the basic secret of a card trick, in no way qualifies you to perform it. Few people realize that even a simple trick in the hands of a capable performer can become a minor miracle."
~Dai Vernon
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
2022 Posts

Profile of puggo
I think Montana is looking for a normal cup (might be wrong).
Have you looked for bar supply stores online? e.g.
http://www.drinkstuff.com/products/produ......l+Shaker
try to work out cup size in oz/ml to see if you are looking at the right stuff.
Montana76
View Profile
Inner circle
I hope I one day reach
1177 Posts

Profile of Montana76
Thanks Puggo! You are correct. Looking for a ungimmicked cup. A normal small boston shaker. Thanks for the link! I'll check it out:)
conjurormatt
View Profile
Regular user
Ft. Worth, TX
181 Posts

Profile of conjurormatt
Check the yellowpages (or google) for restaurant supply stores in your area, even if you don't purchase there it will give you a chance to try out a couple of styles of cocktail shaker and see what you like best.
Matthew Martin
~Dai Vernon
malaki
View Profile
Elite user
490 Posts

Profile of malaki
Actually, my first set of cups were small, aluminum shakers with stepped sides. The only alteration needed was to use a golf ball and hammer to concave the bottoms to use standard balls. Worked a charm for many years at a small percentage of the cheapest set available. Finally replaced them when I had earned enough from shows to warrant them.

If you cannot afford what you want, see what you can make or alter.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Cocktail Shaker Cups & Balls (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL