The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Your first grand illusion (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Tonny Magix
View Profile
New user
Croatia
12 Posts

Profile of Tonny Magix
Hehe posting this because I'm very interested in your first grand illusion. That which you buy and that which you made yourself.

My first bought illusion is the sword suspension. I got it few days ago, and it works and looks great! My first 'made' illusion is the Blammo illusion. It is of fine quality.
Ben Pratt
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of Ben Pratt
My first built illusion was the the sub trunk. Classic.

My first purchased illusion was The Devil's Reflection by Peter Loughran. Dig it.
Chezaday
View Profile
Inner circle
Naperville, IL
1670 Posts

Profile of Chezaday
I started with the big stuff pretty early on. I must have been around eleven when we picked the Abbott's Super-X Suspension right from the factory in Colon, MI. Only a few years later I added a custom built Zig Zag Lady to my collection just in time for the high school talent contest.

Fun times ...

Steve
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5715 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
My first Illusion is a B**e Platform.

Got a lot of mileage out of that thing.

Sold it already. Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
makeupguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1400 Posts

Profile of makeupguy
My first illusion was a sub trunk.. used it.. reubuilt it... used it.. rebuilt it AGAIN to make it smaller... used it.. finally used the wood for somethingelse..

I could have used the first version as a good sized apt if I'd moved to NYC
Stu Turner
View Profile
New user
London
79 Posts

Profile of Stu Turner
First bought was a good old Sub Trunk. Used it for years.

First one I built was probably an Assistant's Revenge. The thing was massive!
Scott Alexander
View Profile
V.I.P.
1467 Posts

Profile of Scott Alexander
Depending on how we define the word "Grand" ...first bought would be a Flying Carpet from Mak-Magic, got it well used!

First bought "grand-er" illusion would be a used Owen folding Harbin design Zig-Zag

First built a Mis-Made from Osborne plans...not so "grand" ... (lol) ...but it worked.
-Scott

Visit my PRO MAGIC SHOP

www.scottalexander.bigcartel.com

Website

www.scottalexandermagic.com
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Quote:
On 2011-06-30 14:27, Scott Alexander wrote:

First built a Mis-Made from Osborne plans...not so "grand" ... (lol) ...but it worked.

Just a question for those who can answer. When and how did Chuck Jones loose control over Mid-Made. Its generally accepted as public domain these days but Chuck was the originator of this. How did it get to be public domain? Because of the Osborne plans? Because Chuck didn't defend it? Combination of both? Something else?

If anyone knows the history of how this happened I'd love to know as it has always puzzled me.

Best,

Tim
Chris Stolz
View Profile
Inner circle
Mississauga, Ontario
1957 Posts

Profile of Chris Stolz
I bought a used flying carpet from Tony Eng, fixed it all up and performed it in every single show for a couple years solid. I loved that darn thing.
Amulon
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of Amulon
So did you guys buy the illusion plans to build it?
Magic Patrick
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota
1586 Posts

Profile of Magic Patrick
Quote:
On 2011-06-30 14:56, The Drake wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-06-30 14:27, Scott Alexander wrote:

Just a question for those who can answer. When and how did Chuck Jones loose control over Mid-Made. Its generally accepted as public domain these days but Chuck was the originator of this. How did it get to be public domain? Because of the Osborne plans? Because Chuck didn't defend it? Combination of both? Something else?

If anyone knows the history of how this happened I'd love to know as it has always puzzled me.

Best,

Tim

Good to see you my friend.

Patrick
Magic Patrick
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota
1586 Posts

Profile of Magic Patrick
First bought illusion = Streamer subtrunk
First made illusion = Zig Zag (got a lot of mileage out of that one until it fell apart). And that is why I only buy from now on.

Patrick
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Quote:
On 2011-06-30 17:26, Magic Patrick wrote:

Good to see you my friend.

Patrick

Back atcha Patrick!
Tonny Magix
View Profile
New user
Croatia
12 Posts

Profile of Tonny Magix
This is very interesting, I think it's the best for you, to build your own illusions. Then you can easily make some modifications.

Hehe, I see that the sub trunk is a really famous illusion. It is not that much in Croatia. but I see that I should make one! Smile

To be honest my really first illusion is big (BIG) box for appearing a lady, and it fell apart while a was making it so, lol!
Tonny Magix
View Profile
New user
Croatia
12 Posts

Profile of Tonny Magix
Quote:
On 2011-06-30 16:20, Amulon wrote:
So did you guys buy the illusion plans to build it?

I have only one buyd illusion and that I sword suspension,all other illusions I made my self and I never used any of iilusion plans because I find it interesting and funny t build like this..i can easily modify illusion
Mattia
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of Mattia
My first illusion was a sub trunk. I didn't find any plans, so it took a lot of time to build it!
EliTheIllusionist
View Profile
Regular user
York, PA
191 Posts

Profile of EliTheIllusionist
Modern Art / Crystal Casket

-E
illusionman2
View Profile
Special user
991 Posts

Profile of illusionman2
Zig Zag / Sub Trunk / Tip Over Trunk
Aaron Smith Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1434 Posts

Profile of Aaron Smith Magic
Modern Art first buy, and Shadow Box was first build.
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
When Jeff McBride left home, I bought all of his illusions. He had a flying carpet (he used on What's my line), a Chu's sword suspension, a broom suspension, and a zig zag.

I used the flying carpet the most (as I was a kid's show magician). The others were used only once in a while for club shows and news promos.
This was in the late 70's.
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Your first grand illusion (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL