The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Manipulation act question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

William Wortman
View Profile
Veteran user
Omaha, NE
301 Posts

Profile of William Wortman
I've been thinking of a manipluation act that I want to put together. I have a basic idea what I want but I have a question or two.

What would be a good size silk for a manipulation act?

Also where can I learn how to make a jumbo card fan, like the one jeff McBride, lance Burton, and tony clark uses ?

William
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22243 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
The best silk to use for manipulation is an 18" or 24" silk. Depending on the use, a mens pocket hanky can also be used.

If you are speaking of the fan to jumbo cards, you can buy them from Jeff McBride and Stevens magic carried a version as well from Japan, it is very well made.

If you want to try and make one, then it is discribed in Bro. John Hamman's book. The original name of the trick is Fan-to-See. This is Bro. John Hamman's creation.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
Domino Magic
View Profile
Special user
999 Posts

Profile of Domino Magic
Tony Clark sells his version:

http://www.tonyclarkmagic.com/magicshop/......ct_id=73

I didn't see anything at Stevens Magic

Here's Jeff McBride's:

http://www.yourmagic.com/catalog/product......ts_id=53
William Wortman
View Profile
Veteran user
Omaha, NE
301 Posts

Profile of William Wortman
Thank you for the answers. I think I'll try and make my own gimmack. What kind of jumbo cards are good for the jumbo production? For some reason I can't find where I can get jumbo cards ? Also what is a good size for the cards ?

Also when I get everything down pact I plan to set up a video and hopefully get some critiques.

William
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22243 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
William, are you looking for Jumbo Cards or Giant Cards?

Amazon.com is a good place to get Piatnik Jumbo Cards and off brand Giant Cards.

If you have a large party store in your area, they may have Giant Cards as well.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Manipulation act question (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL