The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Society of American Magicians! » » Broken Wand: Hank Moorehouse (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
RileyG
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas
832 Posts

Profile of RileyG
Sammumnews SAMMUMnews
Broken Wand: Hank Moorehouse, PNP passed away last night while touring in China.
--

RIP
Signed,
Riley G Matthews Jr
SAG-AFTRA actor
Www.RileyG.com
tropicalillusions
View Profile
Special user
Tulsa Okla
631 Posts

Profile of tropicalillusions
Hank was good to us, always there to help us advance in the art. We will miss him very much. Abbotts will not be the same without him, as I am sure the other conventions where he and his wife are always attending,
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5331 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
I'm so sad. Hank gave me the opportunity of a life time. He was a great person and I will miss him. Its a sad day.

Kozmo
isis_izumi
View Profile
New user
Tokyo
50 Posts

Profile of isis_izumi
I talked with Paul Critelli on Skype. Mahka Tendo called him as dad, and Hank is still the best brother not only for me but also for us.

So sad. RIP
Craig Dickson
View Profile
Veteran user
Pleasant Valley, NY
351 Posts

Profile of Craig Dickson
I cannot think of anyone that has done more for magicians and magic. One of a kind, a worldclass act. A great friend, and a huge loss. Our hearts go out to Jackie, Buddy, and their family along with thousands of friends. He will be missed greatly. Very much by me. Rest in peace my friend, thanks for all you did for us all.
Motor City
View Profile
Special user
Metro Detroit Area
556 Posts

Profile of Motor City
Hank was one of the nicest people I know. Always willing to help. Always willing to share an idea. Always willing to give advice. He will be greatly missed. R.I.P. Hank. -- John Luka
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan's Beautiful Sunrise Side
2724 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
I didn't know Hank personally. From all that has been said here, he will leave an indelible mark on our art. May Almighty God have mercy on him. May He make His face to shine upon him and give him peace. Amen.
Mike Maturen
World of Wonder Entertainment
The Magic and Mayhem of Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

AUTHOR OF "A NEW DAWN--Weekly Wisdom From Everyday Life"

member: International Magician's Society
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7353 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I am in such shock after hearing this from Chris.

As part of the Abbott's stage crew, Hank was the godfather of the Get Together. Hank booked me for my first National convention. He was always, always promoting magic. When I need a little kick in the butt he was there. Few have matched his ability to put together a show. But be warned if he told you ten minutes, you better not do 11.

Jackie and his family are in my prayers. This is part of my family and it leaves a major void. SAM, Abbott's and so many other places will not be the same without Hank there.

Rest in peace dear friend. I am sure you are in God's loving arms and putting together a special show for the saints.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20494 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
It was a shock to hear about Hank's passing. He was an old friend of nearly forty years. (We even shared some Arkansas history.) I always wondered why he never opened a booking agency. Booking arrangements were so automatic for him handle. Hank was one of the most practical people I have ever known. And he made magic practical.

He will be missed.

Bob and Lucy Sanders
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
SmittyWitty
View Profile
Loyal user
Fairhaven, MA
263 Posts

Profile of SmittyWitty
Rest in Peace
Damon Reinbold
View Profile
Regular user
147 Posts

Profile of Damon Reinbold
Another of the greats have gone on. Knew Hank for more than forty years. A true gentleman.
Rest in peace my friend.

Damon
Damon Reinbold
<BR>2011 President, S.A.M. Assembly 71
<BR>2011 President, IBM Ring 90
peterscarlett
View Profile
Regular user
England
137 Posts

Profile of peterscarlett
It was September 18th 1982 when I first met Hank at the Hastings Convention of the British Ring, he was lecturing and I introduced him. From that moment on we hit it off together and became firm friends.

In July 1989 he booked me to MC a show at the SAM Convention in Tampa, Florida, swiftly followed by the Abbott’s Get Together where I was honoured to work with the likes of Harry Blackstone Junior, Karrell Fox, George Johnstone and many others. Since then I made several appearances at SAM Conventions and Abbott’s Get Togethers, the Mid West Convention and the very first Battle of Magicians in Canton Ohio where I was on the bill with Jay Marshall. All these appearances have been directly as a result of my friendship with Hank.

He was responsible for taking many British, European and Soviet block magicians to the US for the first time and will be sadly missed by us all.

RIP dear friend.

Peter Scarlett
Peter Scarlett
Peter Scarlett Magic
www.peterscarlett.com
lair
View Profile
New user
Michael P. Lair
43 Posts

Profile of lair
Such a great promoter, magician, emcee, and friend! A true one in a million. I always look forward to spending time with Hank and Jackie at the conventions. He has such vast knowledge, experiences, and funny stories from his years in the business. I have learned a lot from him!
I am still in shock of this sad news. Hank will be greatly missed.
Michael Lair
mikemiller
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of mikemiller
Hank was a mentor and he was like a father to me. He as given me opportunities that most magicians can only dream about. Not only to me but to other magicians around the world.

Someone sent me a tex message that read " Hank was magic royalty". That is so true. He was the King when it came to producing shows.

Rest in peace my friend, the words of wisdom you gave me throughout the years will forever be imbedded in my mine. We love you and will miss you.

Mike Miller
S.A.M PNP
2009-2010
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1753 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
I was shocked and saddenned to hear of Hanks'sudden passing....I have known Hank for over 30 years, and he was always a friend and a gentleman, and a mentor to me and to many in Magic throughout the world.

My condolences to Jackie and Hank's family, and to Hank's many, many friends.

Hank, rest in peace my friend, you will be greatly missed by your many friends in Magic, and while you were here with us on Earth, did something that many magicians failed to do..........you were an honor to the art of Magic, and truly one of the greats!

Rick Morein
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5701 Posts

Profile of Regan
R.I.P. Hank.

:(

Regan
Mister Mystery
weidhaas
View Profile
Loyal user
269 Posts

Profile of weidhaas
We have placed the JUNE M-U-M article about hank on the public side of our website for all. Go to http://www.magicsam.com

Mark Weidhaas
SAM National President, 2010-11
Motor City
View Profile
Special user
Metro Detroit Area
556 Posts

Profile of Motor City
Mark - Thank you for posting the June article about Hank. Much appreciated.
Motor City
View Profile
Special user
Metro Detroit Area
556 Posts

Profile of Motor City
Michael Woof, Editor 'Magicana' magazine (New Zealand), provide the link to this beautiful video tribute to Hank Moorehouse.

The video tribute was made by Bruce Kalver which was screened at the S.A.M. Convention opening.

The link to view it on YouTube is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pj24mwk2HVw
Zorak
View Profile
Regular user
Maryland, USA
114 Posts

Profile of Zorak
Hank was a terrific guy and a square dealer. Last time I saw him was at a Bob Little convention. I gave him a tee-shirt with a caricature of himself which I drew. He was pleased. We'll miss him.
Magic is in the hearts of children from 1 to 101
Please check out my Website: kiddiekazam.com
FREE ORIGINAL CLIPART FOR MAGICIANS & CLOWNS
PROP DESIGNS
MAGIC CARTOONS all drawn by Zorak
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Society of American Magicians! » » Broken Wand: Hank Moorehouse (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL