The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Question if I could please (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Vick
View Profile
Inner circle
It's taken me 10+ years to make
1120 Posts

Profile of Vick
Not certain if this is the right place to ask, but if anyone has suggestions on the best wine bottle production, if you could please share it that would be greatly appreciated.

This is for a formal wedding, and the bride and groom like the balloon pop with confetti flying before the production if at all possible. The bottle has to be able to be handed out immediately after the production

I've got my eye on a few (Ammar Topit), but would like to hear a little more if at all possible.

Thank you very much for any assistance.

Be well.

Best Wishes,
Vick
Unique, Thought Provoking & Amazing Magical Entertainment Experiences
Illusions By Vick
Blog of a real world working magician
Magic would be great, if not for magicians
Michael J. Douglas
View Profile
Inner circle
WV, USA
1649 Posts

Profile of Michael J. Douglas
Practice is needed to make it smooth (like anything), but I'd recommend "Splash Bottle" for bottle from balloon. Good luck!
Michael J.
�Believe then, if you please, that I can do strange things.� --from Shakespeare�s �As You Like It�
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18559 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
SPLASH BOTTLE... IS BEST.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
mtpascoe
View Profile
Inner circle
1933 Posts

Profile of mtpascoe
I am not too familiar with the Splash Bottle, but here is the link for it http://themagicwarehouse.com/cgi-bin/fin......20BOTTLE I guess it's some kind of holdout device as I can gather.

Or you can check out Kozak's THAT is pretty good. Kozak sells it for about $200. But, if you buy it from Denny and Lee http://dennymagic.com/products/stage-mag......k-trick/ you save about one hundred and fifty bucks. Basically, you show three "silks" (linens really) one by one by snapping them. Then you reach inside of it and produce a real bottle of booze. Pretty easy.
Eddie Torres
View Profile
Special user
New York City
691 Posts

Profile of Eddie Torres
Splash bottle indeed!
Eddie Ivan Torres
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5296 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
If you don’t want to do a body load then using the old “This” (sold by Kozak as “That”) production works great. Check out Bob Sanders here on the Café for an affordable one.

If you want a simple, clean production then see Bob Read’s take on producing a bottle. It is “Splash” without using a gimmick. In fact Bob’s take on it is where you should start.

Ammar’s use of a Toppit can also be explored (not better or easier than the Read methodology, just different).
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
Vick
View Profile
Inner circle
1120 Posts

Profile of Vick
Wow, thank you all very much gentlemen!!!

I've been looking at the splash bottle effects on You Tube and while they are you tube videos and I see with a magician's eye I'm just not 100% thrilled with them

Pete, is there a particular make of Splash Bottle that is better quality?

I was thinking about a Toppit because I've wanted one for a while and have seen Ammar do amazing things just a few feet away from me (yes I know he's been at it for many years)

Thanks mtpascoe, Denny has Kozak's "That" production on sale for $75 which is quite a lot off the MSRP, Denny suggested it to me some time ago due to other things in my act.
Don't want to do Kozak's as it is a scarf production and the couple liked the balloon (splash bottle) productions videos I sent over to them.

I'll probably load the balloon with mylar confetti for more visual and distration

Harry, thanks for the direction. I'll check out Bob Read’s work on it. Pretty much set on having to do a body load, my tux will accommodate it well

Again Gentleman, thank you all very much!!!
Illusions By Vick
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22174 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Whether you use the Topit or Splash, the moves for the production are the same. You will just have more control of the load with the Splash gimmick over a Topit. It does not matter if you use a balloon or a silk as cover for either production. What you are buying ia a gimmick to hold the bottle.

Also you have to make the Ammar Topit, you can only buy a pattern to make and install it yourself.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3486 Posts

Profile of SpellbinderEntertainment
I've found better than "That" is "This Improved" by our Bob Sanders here.
You can "see" through the silks, and it is very sturdy.
And you don't need a body-l***.
waLT
“Tales of Enchantment: The Art of Magic”
by Walt Anthony
www.LeapingLizardsMagic.com

"spinning tales and weaving enchantment"
Vick
View Profile
Inner circle
1120 Posts

Profile of Vick
Thanks again Gentlemen!!
Illusions By Vick
Domino Magic
View Profile
Special user
999 Posts

Profile of Domino Magic
Bob Read's work on the bottle is very good and the best source to learn it from is The Bob Read Collection DVDs, however you're pretty much going to have to wear a double-breasted coat in order to hide the bottle. It's just not as easy to conceal with a regular suit jacket.

The Splash Bottle production is a very simple gimmick that you can use under any jacket. You're not going to have to alter your coat (not sure if you already have a Topit or where going to put one to use for this).

One of the things to look at is the routining that is associated with some of the routines and how you may want to alter them for the event or your style. With both the Ammar & Read bottle productions, it would be very difficult to separate their presentations from the method. The misdirection/handling is sort of built in.

Splash, on the other hand, isn't dependent on a specific routine to provide the cover needed. If time is a factor, you will be able to master Splash faster than you would the Read production.
Oliver Ross
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1722 Posts

Profile of Oliver Ross
Vick,

Here's a video from David Stone. He uses the Splash Bottle in stand-up and close-up situations.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfHaNhBJXe0

Peter Loughran sell's another bottle production effect called "A Touch of Glass". A very beautiful effect but not easy to master. It'll take a lot of time to make it perfectly work in timing and handling.

Good luck.

Oliver.
Vick
View Profile
Inner circle
1120 Posts

Profile of Vick
Thanks to everyone again,
I need to have this ready in 7 weeks so I've got a splash bottle, pretty much what I expected bit I can see some interesting applications and uses for productions

Saw the David Stone video a while back and it looked to be one of the best presentations of the splash bottle

I've http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeCczxDEJio like the playfulness of this video
Illusions By Vick
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Question if I could please (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL