The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Pure Effect is back in print (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

owenwildboy
View Profile
New user
Owen Wilder
59 Posts

Profile of owenwildboy
I was just looking on magicweek.co.uk an see that Pure Effect by Derren Brown is coming back in print.

Have a look in magicweek to find out more.
Mark Ennis
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, NC
1030 Posts

Profile of Mark Ennis
That's a book that got mixed reviews. Some people absolutely loved it, and others didn't care for it at all. I was in the camp of those that got nothing out of the book.

Despite that, good for Derren.
ME
owenwildboy
View Profile
New user
Owen Wilder
59 Posts

Profile of owenwildboy
Me too, but after watching his video "The devil's Picture Book" I realised that I needed to go back and take a closer look.
hackmonkey
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1093 Posts

Profile of hackmonkey
I found this book both entertaining and usuable. Some of the stuff that i thought would never work, does if you believe in what your doing. This sounds stupid, and yes the effects don't work 100% of the time. But I feel the book is worth it just for some of his ideas and the things he says.
Smile
Look behind you...on your left...thats the real world.

http://www.instagram.com/JoePiperMagic
MarkAllison
View Profile
New user
Hemel Hempstead, England
53 Posts

Profile of MarkAllison
Personally I like all of Derren's publications: Pure Effect, Absolute Magic, and The Devil's Picturebook. There is some repetition in The Devil's Picturebook from Pure Effect, but I think that they're all worth getting as they all feature some wonderful thinking.

Cheers

Mark
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Pure Effect is back in print (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL