We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » How to go beyond street hypnosis (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mchiko07
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of mchiko07
Hi! I got a problem. Since a few months I learned hypnosis, and goes very well. I live in a hostal for students whit people of many countries. I have hypnotised most of the half of them (at least 40), and few more then one. But I don't now where go know, because therapy for now is not my field, and street hypnosis is a kind of "stage show" and sometimes is more of the same, really cool, and the people enjoy the experiencie, but I am whit no more ideas, and I want to go one step futher.

Someway to improve the creativity, others ways to use hypnosis, new ideas?

(Sorry for the english)

Bye!
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5715 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Oh my... Here we go...
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
Zerububle
View Profile
Elite user
Poole
430 Posts

Profile of Zerububle
Light touch paper and stand well back Smile
Shrubsole
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
2444 Posts

Profile of Shrubsole
Where would you like to go? What is your aim with hypnosis?

Work that out first and then we can offer advice on how to get there.

If you can afford it, in person training can not only help improve what you have already started, but you will meet people with lots of different ideas.

But first, decide on your goal.
Winner of the Dumbringer Award for total incompetence. (All years)
Owen Mc Ginty
View Profile
Special user
not a stupid user, a special user.
533 Posts

Profile of Owen Mc Ginty
Before you do anything else, I´d try to get to see a few hypnosis shows (if I were you).
If you never fail, you're not trying hard enough.
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

Profile of Anthony Jacquin
Hi Mchik07,

it sounds like you have got off to a good start and have gained some valuable experience.

You seem to have two ideas - way's to increase your creativity and looking for a new direction with hypnosis. Certainly good quality practical training will help as suggested. In the meantime...

If you want to learn stage hypnosis then you will need to dedicate some time and resources to understanding how to promote, put on, run and fully entertain and deliver a stage show. The hypnotising bit is the easy bit, your attention is best spent on these other things. This would mean you could begin to entertain more people, get paid for doing something you love and challenge yourself to grow as a hypnotist. Check out Deeper and Deeper, a book and possibly available as an eBook by Jon Chase to give you a clearer view of a traditional stage show strucutre.

If you want to learn therapy, then I suggest you read some of the classics in the field and do your best to find a complete therapeutic approach, rather than a random assortment of techniques. A book I recommend in this regard is 'Training Trances' by Overdorf and Silverthorn.

Motivation follows action. Define your next direction and start today. You can always re-route later.

Anthony
Anthony Jacquin

Reality is Plastic! The Art of Impromptu Hypnosis
Updated for 2016

Now on Kindle and Audible!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » How to go beyond street hypnosis (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL