The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Casey Anthony not guilty. » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..9~10~11 [Next]
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
I think the jury did their job correctly and that's all.
I have my theories and feelings beyond that, but I'll keep them to myself.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
Dreadnought
View Profile
Special user
Athens, Georgia
836 Posts

Profile of Dreadnought
I had a case once where the killer, a member of the Bum City Piru Bloods, shot and killed his intended victim with a Ruger mini-14. He saw him on a bicycle on the street corner of a high crime rate area of the city. He pulled up to him in a red Mustang convertable, in front of 33 witnesses he got out of the car and fired three rounds center mass. The gun jammed and he tossed into the back seat. Drove to a small bayou and threw the gun into it. He was arrested 15 minutes later about five miles from the shooting, stuck in traffic, trying to enter the interstate. A witness pointed to where in the bayou it was tossed. A dive team recovered it. Ballistics matched. Statements were taken from 25 of the 33 witnesses.

The day before the killing, the killer showed the rifle to his girlfriend and her friend and said he was going to use it and who he was going to use it on. Both women were put into protective custody. Both were set to testify in court.

A search warrant of the killers home revealed the receipt for the rifle. The store clerk verified the killer bought the rifle from him.

The ada accepted a plea agreement for manslaughter.

I told him he was insane and he should resign his position and go to work for one of the outlaw biker gangs or one of the crime families as their attorney. I got a two week suspension - an unpaid vacation - for pubicly saying I thought the ada was either stoned or paid off by the street gang with which the killer was affiliated.

Later, in a private meeting with my supervisor and the D.A., the ada told me he accepted the plea bargin because the witnesses were drug addicts, prostitutes and other gang members and that he owuld have a hard time selling their credability to a jury.

I told him, I would be sure to schedule the next murder during Communion on Sunday at St. Louis Cathedral that way the witnesses would be priests, nuns, altar boys and little old church ladies. A week later I was transferred out of homicide to the intelligence unit.
Peace

"Ave Maria gratia plena Dominus tecum..."

Scott

Would you do anything for the person you love?
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2011-07-05 23:33, Dreadnought wrote:
I was transferred out of homicide to the intelligence unit.

Where, I suspect, you never ran into that guy again.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Dreadnought
View Profile
Special user
Athens, Georgia
836 Posts

Profile of Dreadnought
Except at the Christmas party.
Peace

Scott

critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
There are a lot of good points in here that have been bugging me this whole time:
http://news.yahoo.com/casey-anthony-tria......514.html

I think this Nancy Grace has a good understanding of psychological principals and used them expertly.
~Will Rogers
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
The cliche is that our system is based on the idea that it's better for 100 guilty people to go free than for one innocent person to be convicted. So on this cycle, we've got 99 more to go.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
I won't comment on my opinion of her level of guilt because it may come back to bite me in the donkey when I start working.
I just think the tactics the media (particularly Nancy Grace) used to manipulate the public for ratings is interesting.
~Will Rogers
Domino Magic
View Profile
Special user
999 Posts

Profile of Domino Magic
Blaming the jury is wrong. We got a different view of everything than they did. Whether people want to believe it or not, your opinions are swayed by the media. The defense and prosecution both had equal say into who sat on the jury. Blame the jury? C'mon. Blame the prosecution for putting forth a death penalty case they couldn't prove. Blame the police for not taking 3 calls seriously about a dead body. Maybe things would have turned out differently in August had the police responded to the meter reader's first call and got the body. There may have been more evidence. The jury did their job.
Dreadnought
View Profile
Special user
Athens, Georgia
836 Posts

Profile of Dreadnought
As I said, I never followed this. I didn't even know what she was accused of. I only watched the 48 Hours special last night. The police did make some errors. The prosecution should not have sought the death penalty. I do think she is guilty of murder. I love watching the body language of those on the stand, espcially the boy friend. He is a really bad liar and a text book example of how to spot deceit in body language. I didn't see enough of the father's body language but from what I did see I can say he lied about his conversation with his alledged mistress.
Peace

Scott

Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
The defdense attorneys are making a big fuss over the treatment of their client in the news, but they neglect to mention that yesterday was the luckiest day of their collective lives.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
To be fair, I was angry at Nancy Grace and her ilk long before I heard the defense say anything about it.
~Will Rogers
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Poor Nancy Grace
What will she do for a living now, she has been a Casey Anthony parasite for several years.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4571 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:
On 2011-07-06 14:27, Al Angello wrote:
Poor Nancy Grace
What will she do for a living now, she has been a Casey Anthony parasite for several years.

3 children are killed everyday by a parent. So it shouldn't take Nancy Grace too long to find another victim for her to sink her fangs into.
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Didn't Nancy Grace harass one of her "guilty until proven innocent" victims into committing suicide a while back?
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
Well there you have it. Found not guilty. The 99 guilty go free rather than the one innocent be convicted. What does that actually mean. I believe that is where the appeals process comes into play rather than a walk. However in this case if she is guilty she can never be convicted.

Ask yourself. Why would she not report her daughter missing for almost a month? Then lie about things? If any of you are parents out there reading this, would you not report your child missing or would you be out partying? Of course we are not judgiing her moral character here but rather if she murdered her child. However with these thoughts in mind one would have to believe that she would definitely be capable of doing such a thing having so little regard for her child. Does that make her guilty? Of course not. Not by itself. But it makes her a very viable canadiate. It also gives her the mind frame to do such a horrendous act.

Found Not Guilty, but not sure if she is innocent. She may have gotten away with murder.

What will she do with the rest of her life? Will anyone hire her? Is there a book or a movie in the future? Will she co author the book? Can she even go out in public?

While I am not sure what the answer to the above questions would be, one must consider what kind of person she is. Does anyone know anything about the father? Is the whole family dysfunctional?

And finally if she is innocent...WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED TO THAT LITTLE GIRL? Is there still an open investigation?

Justice was not served in this instance as I feel she should have been convicted on some sort of manslaughter charge or even murder and then the process of appeals should come into play for the 99 go free deal, not an out right acquital. However this is probably a knee jerk reaction on my part.

I hope the judge puts her in prison on the found guilty counts (lying to police oficers etc.) even though she has had time served she should still serve any time even if it is a month. Prefreably with the general population in a womens prison. Justice will be meted out in that instance. I know that is not very nice of me. OH WELL. I kind of frown on children being killed also.

Again I ask if she did not do it who did or what really happened? Of course that is the BIG QUESTION and that is why she was found not guilty.

Just had to vent.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
Slide
View Profile
Special user
533 Posts

Profile of Slide
Prosecutors couldn't show motive or how she died. I've always learned you need at least 2 things to get a conviction: opportunity and motive. The movie Strangers on a Train's whole plot is based on a perfect murder because you couldn't prove motive.

As weird as this woman is and as crazy as she is, no one, even prosecutors, could show WHY she did it. No motive, no case.
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of dpe666
The motive was that the child was getting in the way of the life Casey wanted. Smile
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
I am not sure I agree about needint both opportunity and "motive". Opportunity yes, but motive can e a spur of the moment thing. Infants are murdered quite often because they are crying and disturbing the parents want to do something else. In this case we know she was a paarty girl and her child definitely interferred with that. How much can a girl be expected to take? Remember this is a nut case and nothing but a tramp and I am being nice using the word tramp. Her child is mising for almost a month and she does not report it and after reportinig it lies on toop of lies...WHY? Speaking of motive, what was her motive for lying?

Not trying to derail the topic here but abortion for convience is just about the same thing...the child gets in the way of a life style. End of story. Ergo motive.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
R.S.
View Profile
Regular user
CT one day I'll have
188 Posts

Profile of R.S.
As I'm reading these posts, Inside Edition is on TV talking about the Casey Anthony case. Here are a few interesting tidbits about defense attorney Jose Baez:

- He used to be in bikini sales
- Before this case, he had only been practicing for 3 years
- He's a black belt in Tae Kwon Do
- He was once described as a "Deadbeat Dad"

Ron
"It is error only, and not truth, that shrinks from inquiry." Thomas Paine
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of dpe666
Quote:
On 2011-07-06 19:26, R.S. wrote:
As I'm reading these posts, Inside Edition is on TV talking about the Casey Anthony case. Here are a few interesting tidbits about defense attorney Jose Baez:

- He used to be in bikini sales
- Before this case, he had only been practicing for 3 years
- He's a black belt in Tae Kwon Do
- He was once described as a "Deadbeat Dad"

Ron

Apparently, it took him 8 times before he passed the bar. He was an ambulance chaser. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Casey Anthony not guilty. » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..9~10~11 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL