The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Is it time? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4205 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
Jim and Raymond were the best thing on that series.
I remember little else about it really...
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Quote:
On 2011-07-11 00:30, Eddie Garland wrote:
Jim and Raymond were the best thing on that series.
I remember little else about it really...

I respectfully disagree....The legs of Angela Funovits were the best thing on that series.
I think she did magic or something. I remember little else...
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Dreadnought
View Profile
Special user
Athens, Georgia
836 Posts

Profile of Dreadnought
I remember little else but Angela's legs.
Peace

"Ave Maria gratia plena Dominus tecum..."

Scott

Would you do anything for the person you love?
Dreadnought
View Profile
Special user
Athens, Georgia
836 Posts

Profile of Dreadnought
Quote:
On 2011-07-10 21:24, David Thiel wrote:
I remember watching that performance on television and being struck by two things. First: I found JC's act WAY over the top in terms of...well...everything. I remember thinking "Well...it's not my cup of tea. But he's the one on television and I just did a birthday party...so..."

This was my thought as well. The acting was way over the top and really bad. I also thought, and I hate to say this, but I thought it was staged. When Jim and Chris are being separated, Jim grabs hold of the host's arm in an attempt to make it look like he was being pulled away.

Then again, like David said, he was on television and I was in my living room.
Peace

Scott

Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3500 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Quote:
On 2011-07-11 01:41, Dreadnought wrote:

I also thought, and I hate to say this, but I thought it was staged. When Jim and Chris are being separated, Jim grabs hold of the host's arm in an attempt to make it look like he was being pulled away.

Staged! He didn't, did he?
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

Direct from me (PW: cassidy)

On Penguin Magic
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Sorry, Angela is my daughter's age.

People I've spoken with, including those connected with the show, have said the most memorable part of the series was Jim and the Jim/Criss exchange.

As for those who feel it was faked, believe me, it was not. I spoke with Jim shortly after the exchange, and the adrenalin was still coursing through his system. I spoke with his wife as well, and she was as surprised at what had gone down as the rest of us.

Yes, it was expected that something would eventually happen, but no one was expecting that. Banacheck has also come out and emphatically stated that it was not staged.

Although I cannot mention sources, Criss’ actions came as a less surprise to Jim’s. It was thought that if and when Criss pulled something along the lines of what he did, the performer would just stand there and take it, intimidated by Criss’ stature in the magical world. Jim shocked them and made minor TV history with his actions. If I might also add, as I recall, that particular night had the largest ratings of the series.

Personally, that night changed my perspective of Criss Angel. I had been a minor fan of his going back to his rock and roll magic version of Rudy Coby’s material he did in NY by the WWF. His actions that night, although great for TV, were in my opinion shameful and all about him, not the contestants in the show.

Tony
Rebecca_Harris
View Profile
Veteran user
361 Posts

Profile of Rebecca_Harris
I liked that performance, totally not my style but it was dramatic and really got the audiences attention. I'm not so sure about the silly confrontation at the end though, that for me just spoilt the whole thing, there was no need for Cris' little stunt but at the same time I thought that Jim reacted well over the top. I think Jim would have come across far better if he'd acted with a little more dignity rather than stooping to Cris' level. There was a perfectly valid reason why Jim wouldn't be able to tell what's in the envelope afterall and that's because he'd alread broken contact with the spirit.
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
On the link posted above by Jim..."Days before the show Criss Angel, had claimed that if Callahan performed an exhibition as he had planned to do the he 'Criss Angel' would 'bust' or expose him on live TV.
With this being posted by Jim himself,you could only think he had knowledge of "Something" going to happen,and being prepared for it !
As anyone else should have been prepared !

After reading above link,I too thought of it being more staged!

And, I agree Angel should have not done what he did...but you can't believe everything you see on TV. We may be bias on a Magic Forum to!
If you read page after page after page on comments under the youtube video...you can see the public's opinions to.

And if the post of Angela disturbs you! I am sorry!

We all have daughters, and have all made comments and or thoughts about someone's daughter ! ALL OF US !!! (guys)

Gary
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Owen Mc Ginty
View Profile
Special user
not a stupid user, a special user.
533 Posts

Profile of Owen Mc Ginty
When I saw the argument, I immediately thought it was staged.
Reminded me of WWF wrestling.

Just saying what it looked like to me.

Regarding the performance, it looked over the top (to me).
But then, I don´t believe in this sort of thing, so I´d probably think it was over the top no matter what.
And besides, who really "knows" what it would look like if you were really able to contact the dead? Smile
If you never fail, you're not trying hard enough.
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
I must add this...But again he was on television and I was not !
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Quote:
On 2011-07-11 03:27, Godzilla wrote:
And if the post of Angela disturbs you! I am sorry!

We all have daughters, and have all made comments and or thoughts about someone's daughter ! ALL OF US !!! (guys)

Gary

I was speaking of myself (no one else) in reference to the posts preceeding mine.

Tony
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4176 Posts

Profile of bobser
YeahI do believe it was staged. But you can't tell when camp men are arguing. They do this fighting thing where no one gets touched?

In all fairness to Jim I did feel the the Englishman hosting of the show was pretty **** poor. His acting was atrocious. If you look at it again: no one person in the world would run on,... at that point... and take someone's hand... and pull them back. I actually felt Jim was going: "Don't just grab my hand you cock, it looks fake! Move about! Move about for chrissakes, and that was when the wiggling started, and suddenly I loved it!

But no, a man would never behave like that. Not even a woman. The only person that would do that would be a fairy or a nature spirit.

But I've said this before; I thought it was awesome. I do believe that Jim has a phenomenol sense of humour, truly. He'd make an absolute fortune over here in the UK. People would wet their effing pants. Fantastic!!!
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
Dreadnought
View Profile
Special user
Athens, Georgia
836 Posts

Profile of Dreadnought
I stand by my faked post. If it wasn't faked then Jim had no real intention of going after Criss. It was plain he wrapped his arm around the host's arm to make it look like he was being pulled away. Again, bad acting all the way. Again, he was on television not me, but so are the steroid fueled, equally as bad, actors on the WWE.
Peace

Scott

Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
This topic from when I was guest of honor in October, will explain part of it.
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......um=288&4

I hooked his arm to gain control over him.

Started lifting him off the ground and hooked his arm so as to throw him from the stage.
(In a fraction of a second I thought better of it and stopped).
When we went to commercial break he thanked me for not throwing him into the audience.

We also talked the next day before an Access Hollywood interview and I apologized for pitching him around.
He said,” I really thought you were going to put me over”.
(He was at one time a bouncer).

One of the camera takes they did not use looked quite good I thought.
You can see him being pulled off the ground after he first grabbed me and that he was not
in control until I relaxed my position.

Best Wishes,

Jim

H.O.A-X
“I can make Satan’s devils dance like fine gentlemen across the stage of reality”.
Deano88
View Profile
Veteran user
Lincolnshire UK
376 Posts

Profile of Deano88
Like iv already said I think it was a great theatrical performance, but I also think if I was in Criss Angel's place I can imagine myself doing something similar, if you ( and this is not directed at you Jim) are saying that you possess this particular power/skills, then why should you not be able to know whats inside that particular envelope? The same goes for James Randi's prize if someone can show these skills then why has no one won it?

Dean
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
I may be the only one but Criss Angel went way up in my estimation that night. He took a stand for something he believes in. Whats wrong with that? If you are going to pretend to speak to the dead, at least use a fictitious person. Not someone who may have family or friends. That's no better than the Silvia Brown brigade of charlatans.
Paul Shirley
View Profile
Inner circle
Melbourne, Australia
1206 Posts

Profile of Paul Shirley
Just watched this clip again. I could never do what Jim does... I just don't have big enough b***s.

And the fight certainly was not staged... Criss is a terrible actor at the best of times... and he was definitely getting very serious.

What would I have done in this situation? I would have got all serious again, contacted Raymond and said "Inside the envelope I see a picture... a picture of Criss Angel, at a party, of sorts, smiling, surrounded by oiled up nude men"

Criss would then have to open the envelope to prove me wrong... In which I would say "Oh well, that's just Raymonds sense of humour. He doesn't like you very much" Smile
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Watching the video, I don't believe it was staged either. It looked to me that he got very upset because he was given a challenge that he ought to be able to do but obviously couldn't. Seemed born out of that frustration that he got angry
Paul Shirley
View Profile
Inner circle
Melbourne, Australia
1206 Posts

Profile of Paul Shirley
Hey Seangiles Smile How are you mate?

With respect... I don't think Criss's behaviour was ANYTHING to do with what he believes in.... but more to do with his typical big noting self promotion.

He could have made his point in so many other ways if indeed it was all about his own beliefs.. but instead he chose to call Jim out on national television.

The only reason no one ever calls Criss out on his own shows is because they are mostly all stooges... the guy is an idiot.
David Thiel
View Profile
Inner circle
Western Canada...where all that oil is
3920 Posts

Profile of David Thiel
Paul...you are a twisted genius. I just laughed out loud. Geez, guy!

David
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except bears. Bears will kill you.

www.MindGemsBrainTrust.com
www.magicpendulums.com
www.MidnightMagicAndMentalism.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Is it time? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL