The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Is it time? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Paul Shirley
View Profile
Inner circle
Melbourne, Australia
1206 Posts

Profile of Paul Shirley
Quote:
On 2011-07-11 11:33, seangiles wrote:
Watching the video, I don't believe it was staged either. It looked to me that he got very upset because he was given a challenge that he ought to be able to do but obviously couldn't. Seemed born out of that frustration that he got angry


T.V is a real dodgy medium (pun intended)

When you go on a show called 'Phenomenon' you are there to perform/display supernatural ability. Which Jim did.
Criss abused his position on the show. Very safe, sat up there in his tower... having made millions from performing his own style of trickery.

No one calls Criss on anything during his specials because A: Most of the 'Audience' are paid actors... and, if they ever did ... his mob of security would whisk them away and edit out the disruption.

Very easy to be a legend when you have a team of brilliant minds coming up with your effects and have full control over edits, actors and scripting.
Dreadnought
View Profile
Special user
Athens, Georgia
836 Posts

Profile of Dreadnought
James Randi is no better than Penn and Teller or Criss Angel, they are a bane on magic. Other than respecting them as human beings, I have absolutely no respect for them as magicians. Exposing a charlatan hurts those who are practicing magicians and are trying to claw their way up the ladder. What Criss was asking Jim to do is akin to me saying to Penn and Teller, "Let's use my Sig and let me load it and you can now perform your double bullet catch."
Peace

"Ave Maria gratia plena Dominus tecum..."

Scott

Would you do anything for the person you love?
Paul Shirley
View Profile
Inner circle
Melbourne, Australia
1206 Posts

Profile of Paul Shirley
Quote:
On 2011-07-11 11:35, David Thiel wrote:
Paul...you are a twisted genius. I just laughed out loud. Geez, guy!

David


Yes. Yes I am. .... and very humble about it too Smile
Paul Shirley
View Profile
Inner circle
Melbourne, Australia
1206 Posts

Profile of Paul Shirley
Quote:
On 2011-07-11 11:33, seangiles wrote:
Watching the video, I don't believe it was staged either. It looked to me that he got very upset because he was given a challenge that he ought to be able to do but obviously couldn't. Seemed born out of that frustration that he got angry


Or.... I would have said .. "O.K... tell ya what dawg... you levitate across the room and I will tell you whats in the envelope"

So easy for me to sit here and think of what I WOULD have said hahaha

Truth be told I would have just lost it and made sure Angel didn't need to wear eye make up for a good few weeks.
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
[quote]On 2011-07-11 11:29, Paul Shirley wrote:

What would I have done in this situation? I would have got all serious again, contacted Raymond and said "Inside the envelope I see a picture... a picture of Criss Angel, at a party, of sorts, smiling, surrounded by oiled up nude men"



LOL
Paul...do you realize how many gay men you may have offended with that comment ! Smile


It is a good thing that Jim ,restrained himself,before throwing the former bouncer off stage! It could have gotten much worse...Imagine getting *itch slapped by Criss Angel on live television ! Smile
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Paul Shirley
View Profile
Inner circle
Melbourne, Australia
1206 Posts

Profile of Paul Shirley
[quote]On 2011-07-11 12:02, Godzilla wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-07-11 11:29, Paul Shirley wrote:

What would I have done in this situation? I would have got all serious again, contacted Raymond and said "Inside the envelope I see a picture... a picture of Criss Angel, at a party, of sorts, smiling, surrounded by oiled up nude men"



LOL
Paul...do you realize how many gay men you may have offended with that comment ! Smile


It is a good thing that Jim ,restrained himself,before throwing the former bouncer off stage! It could have gotten much worse...Imagine getting *itch slapped by Criss Angel on live television ! Smile


Not many Smile ... Do you know how many gay men I know and love dearly as great mates? Smile

And I doubt it would have been Jim getting !@#$% slapped man... Criss is tiny.
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
They say dynamite comes in small packages !
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Paul Shirley
View Profile
Inner circle
Melbourne, Australia
1206 Posts

Profile of Paul Shirley
Yeah.. maybe "Its a Jersey Thing" (Southpark) Smile

To be fair...On the flip side you also failed to point out how many women Criss has offended by wearing their clothes Smile
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Quote:
On 2011-07-11 12:53, Paul Shirley wrote:
Yeah.. maybe "Its a Jersey Thing" (Southpark) Smile

To be fair...On the flip side you also failed to point out how many women Criss has offended by wearing their clothes Smile



Touche ! That is fair mate ! Smile
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Paul Shirley
View Profile
Inner circle
Melbourne, Australia
1206 Posts

Profile of Paul Shirley
Hahahahhaha
Deano88
View Profile
Veteran user
Lincolnshire UK
376 Posts

Profile of Deano88
Quote:
On 2011-07-11 11:44, Dreadnought wrote:
James Randi is no better than Penn and Teller or Criss Angel, they are a bane on magic. Other than respecting them as human beings, I have absolutely no respect for them as magicians. Exposing a charlatan hurts those who are practicing magicians and are trying to claw their way up the ladder. What Criss was asking Jim to do is akin to me saying to Penn and Teller, "Let's use my Sig and let me load it and you can now perform your double bullet catch."


I would rather be a bane on magic, as you put it, rather than letting such charlatans make money from other peoples grief. It is there knowledge of magic that allows them to defraud such individuals ( I exclude Angel from this) and allows other not to be exposed to particular cons of mediums, faith healers etc

Penn and Teller are performing tricks and they make no other claims, yet mediums do make claims that are untrue and immoral and are no more than charlatans and frauds after the grief stricken s money. that's where the anger and frustration comes from.


Dean
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
[quote]On 2011-07-11 12:58, Deano88 wrote:
Quote:
I would rather be a bane on magic, as you put it, rather than letting such charlatans make money from other peoples grief. It is there knowledge of magic that allows them to defraud such individuals ( I exclude Angel from this) and allows other not to be exposed to particular cons of mediums, faith healers etc

Penn and Teller are performing tricks and they make no other claims, yet mediums do make claims that are untrue and immoral and are no more than charlatans and frauds after the grief stricken s money. that's where the anger and frustration comes from.

Dean


I thought we were talking of mediums and the presentations posted?

But from your post it looks as though you wish to talk about psychologists, therapists, counselors,
religious leaders et all.

Perhaps I am wrong but wonder why you would think such a things?

The page linked to explains that I did accept Angels, challenge.
However the producers would not or could not assure me of the
money offered.
http://jimclass.com/he_really_did_it.htm

I told them (The Producers) in a conversation that I would take
his money and ruin his career on their show.

Please note that many miss the fact that I
put up $50,000.00 to guarantee what I was doing.

Lots of people wagging their yaps but if they consider this
and the fact Angel could not expose or bust me leaves only
one answer.

I did what was claimed I would do.

All of the people who work with me closely on
my experiments and presentations will submit to polygraph
testing etc. to confirm they do not know how Raymond & I produced
what we did.

These people would be Timmy O’Brien, Dave Koenig, Mick Ayres.

Would also point out Angel, never opened the second envelope as he said he would
on his show.

Could it be because he knows I predicted what was in it?


Jim


H.o.a-X
“I can make Satan’s devils dance like fine gentlemen across the stage of reality”.
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Jim, How did you guarantee the 50k?
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
It was a guarantee during his show,No one new about because producers would not allow it . It is in his earlier link!

I never new that Angel even opened the first envelope !!!
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Thomas Cooper
View Profile
Special user
935 Posts

Profile of Thomas Cooper
He did, it was "911"
I call myself "Thomas Cooper" here because this stops the magic café appearing when people google my stage name.

Does anyone else find the term "Special User" to be a bit condescending?
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Or "116" if Uri had finished before he got it open...
MINDFREAK!
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Thomas,Tony thanks!

Criss, I then predict the second envelope had 999 for Halloween,you little devil !
That way he could have called it 666 ! That was with no help from the dead!
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Tell you what: probably the most shocking thing was the explosive tirade of "Non-TV Allowable" words that Criss screamed on live TV.

The fines the FCC could have levied on NBC could have been huge. Thankfully some was quick on the “kill audio” button.

A loss of control like that on a major network could eliminate one for consideration for any live TV event.

Tony
Deano88
View Profile
Veteran user
Lincolnshire UK
376 Posts

Profile of Deano88
Quote:
On 2011-07-11 13:26, Jim-Callahan wrote:


I thought we were talking of mediums and the presentations posted?

But from your post it looks as though you wish to talk about psychologists, therapists, counselors,
religious leaders et all.

Perhaps I am wrong but wonder why you would think such a things?



Jim


H.o.a-X


Ha Ha I was talking of mediums , and religious leaders would fit in there too, I disagree with the psychologists counselors. But then iam biased iam a forensic psychology student! I can see where you get such a view from as not all therapies and rehabilitation methods work with everyone, but the difference with psychological practices is that its based on scientific evidence and studies , something the other side lacks,

Anyone can talk to the dead. It's getting them to talk back that's the hard part!

Dean
Aaron E
View Profile
Special user
736 Posts

Profile of Aaron E
Dean

How do you know they don't?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Is it time? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL