The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Is it time? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Deano88
View Profile
Veteran user
Lincolnshire UK
376 Posts

Profile of Deano88
Quote:
On 2011-07-11 16:55, Aaron E wrote:
Dean

How do you know they don't?

Hi Aaron
Sorry not sure what your referring to here

Dean
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Because the people who claim to speak with the dead, even the famous ones, have been caught out cheating so many times. And the methods they use? Common trickery that we all use. It's not difficult to see the truth. It's hiding there in plain sight, we just have to look for it and it's there.

best
Sean
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
Quote:
On 2011-07-11 20:11, seangiles wrote:
Because the people who claim to speak with the dead, even the famous ones, have been caught out cheating so many times. And the methods they use? Common trickery that we all use. It's not difficult to see the truth. It's hiding there in plain sight, we just have to look for it and it's there.

best
Sean


Have at it prove you know what you are going on about.
http://jimclass.com/he_really_did_it.htm

Prove me wrong and win a prize that even Randi & Angel could not claim.

Get onto it Boy-O.

Jim

H.O.A-X

PS. Just having some fun and hope you see it as such.
“I can make Satan’s devils dance like fine gentlemen across the stage of reality”.
kambiz
View Profile
Inner circle
Perth, down by the cool of the pool
1129 Posts

Profile of kambiz
I'm not having fun here at all, but I contact my dead father almost every night, and that's not a joke (unless I wished to disrespect him to hell, but I'm not going to do that, why would I?)

....however, can I prove it? Heck no......sorry, but that's my secret and I'll take it to the grave....

Kam
If I speak forth, many a mind will shatter,
And if I write, many a pen will break.
.....and when I consider my own self, lo, I find it coarser than clay!
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4176 Posts

Profile of bobser
Quote:
On 2011-07-11 20:11, seangiles wrote:
Because the people who claim to speak with the dead, even the famous ones, have been caught out cheating so many times. And the methods they use? Common trickery that we all use. It's not difficult to see the truth. It's hiding there in plain sight, we just have to look for it and it's there.
best
Sean


Actually Sean that's not really the case. I'm assuming that this is not something you are involved with so in all fairness ther'll be stuff you might not be aware of.
But there are many who have NEVER been caught cheating. One guy even visited The Magic Circle and did a full presentation and no one had a clue how he achieved what he did.
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
Tom,

I am sorry for not offering a reply.
Have been a bit lost in some personal issues.

However I will do so tomorrow.

Best Wishes,

Jim
“I can make Satan’s devils dance like fine gentlemen across the stage of reality”.
Thomas Cooper
View Profile
Special user
935 Posts

Profile of Thomas Cooper
Quote:
On 2011-07-12 06:32, bobser wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-07-11 20:11, seangiles wrote:
Because the people who claim to speak with the dead, even the famous ones, have been caught out cheating so many times. And the methods they use? Common trickery that we all use. It's not difficult to see the truth. It's hiding there in plain sight, we just have to look for it and it's there.
best
Sean

Actually Sean that's not really the case. I'm assuming that this is not something you are involved with so in all fairness ther'll be stuff you might not be aware of.
But there are many who have NEVER been caught cheating. One guy even visited The Magic Circle and did a full presentation and no one had a clue how he achieved what he did.



Bobster, you may want to PM me with this, but how did he "prove" contact with the dead? Jim chose to reveal an item hidden in a box. What did he do?
I call myself "Thomas Cooper" here because this stops the magic café appearing when people google my stage name.

Does anyone else find the term "Special User" to be a bit condescending?
Thomas Cooper
View Profile
Special user
935 Posts

Profile of Thomas Cooper
Quote:
On 2011-07-12 20:44, Jim-Callahan wrote:
Tom,

I am sorry for not offering a reply.
Have been a bit lost in some personal issues.

However I will do so tomorrow.

Best Wishes,

Jim


Thank you Smile
I call myself "Thomas Cooper" here because this stops the magic café appearing when people google my stage name.

Does anyone else find the term "Special User" to be a bit condescending?
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Quote:
On 2011-07-11 20:35, Jim-Callahan wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-07-11 20:11, seangiles wrote:
Because the people who claim to speak with the dead, even the famous ones, have been caught out cheating so many times. And the methods they use? Common trickery that we all use. It's not difficult to see the truth. It's hiding there in plain sight, we just have to look for it and it's there.

best
Sean


Have at it prove you know what you are going on about.
http://jimclass.com/he_really_did_it.htm

Prove me wrong and win a prize that even Randi & Angel could not claim.

Get onto it Boy-O.

Jim

H.O.A-X

PS. Just having some fun and hope you see it as such.


Jim,

No problem. Having fun is what it's all about Smile
Regarding your challenge though, I'm not sure anyone could prove you wrong? To start with I would have to be there watching you perform. The helper would have to be someone above suspicion who could attest to no p*****w force. I would have to completely examine all the props. And that's just for starters. All I can say from watching the performance is that the method was well hidden.
I really enjoyed the performance though. The build up was dramatic and the way you revealed was a nice touch but it was designed for theatrical effect. In that you excelled. I'm sure that if we could really talk to the dead it would be quite uninspiring and perhaps even boring to watch.

All in all, great performance? You bet. Speaking to the dead? Not on your nellie Smile

best
Sean
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
Quote:
But let me ask you several questions:

1. Don't you believe the "spirit" of the writer may be offended by your demonstration? I personally am an atheist and do not believe in an afterlife, but if you do can you understand how some may see this as a direct insult to someone's soul?

2. What about the families of the writer? If my mother died, and her soul was supposedly being "channelled" by a medium on tv, I may well be highly offended by this.

3. Do you think you are causing people to believe in things (religion etc) which they would not otherwise believe in?

4. Do you ever feel ashamed of your work?




I respect you as a performer Jim. You do the art of magic and Mentalism no harm - and while I disagree with your performance style, I really respect you. But I am curious as to how you deal with these questions? PM if you like.


Tom
xx


Once again sorry it took me some time to reply.
(An explanation will be posted to a new thread tomorrow).
I will reply to each answer in turn in the event you or others
should desire further clarification or conversation on a point.

Hopefully this will keep things manageable.

Reply to Question #1

Raymond Hill, was and is a medium, electrical engineer and owned a couple of companies.
Some people have described him as an industrialist.

He only published one book (Self published through a vanity press)and that was about his current
and previous life. It also contained information as to how he used a pendulum for gaining information.

As to your comment about the afterlife.

One must first have a firm grasp of this reality in all of its contexts.

It is not possible to scientifically of philosophically believe you exist
now but not in another.

In some ways this is your afterlife.

For instance any picture you have is the picture of a dead person, yourself included.

That is the truth and proof that life goes on in a very simple in the now proof.

I can offer other information but I think that this simple one may be enough.

Best Wishes,

Jim


H.o.A-X
“I can make Satan’s devils dance like fine gentlemen across the stage of reality”.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Is it time? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL