The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Perhaps it's time to start getting along... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
MichaelCGM
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma City
2286 Posts

Profile of MichaelCGM
Quote:
On 2011-07-08 18:20, Thomas Cooper wrote: I know why I act the way I act. My negativity derives from a change in the way my brain works, which I have viewed first hand under several MRI scans, and as a child I believed that my "bad" social habbits would be removed as I grew up, they were not.
First, Thomas, having a mental disorder is a legitimate explaiation for one's actions. But, as Mike Ince pointed out, it does not excuse one's actions. You like logical arguments, so here they are: (1) Not being able to control one's social behavior in person, might be a valid argument. (My daughter is both bi-polar and schizophrenic, so I have first-hand experience with social outbursts.) But, in a written, public forum, one has plenty of time to filter one's emotions and the ability to elect to not respond - or edit one's response before posting. (2) You've proven in your posts, just shortly after saying that you were turning over a new leaf, that you are thoroughly capable of restraining your negativity.

Of course, the time-lapse filter applies to anyone who posts, myself included. I've started using Microsoft Word to write my posts. It provides two advantages: It offers a spell-check, and it gives me just a moment to decide if I really need to post at all. Anyone with a self-acknowledged mental disorder might see the distinct advantages of using a similar filter.

As for Rebecca's thoughts, I agree. But, obviously, such altruistic activity is a rare commodity on almost all public, internet forums. Cest la vie. But, you go girl! I'm rooting for ya!! Smile
Magically Yours,

Magical Michael

MagicalMichael.com Smile Laus Deo!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Perhaps it's time to start getting along... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL