The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Congratulations to Richard Bellars !!!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
F.U.D.T.S.P
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of F.U.D.T.S.P
Quote:
Disregard the miss informed post , Richard was the only person that fooled P&T last night


Please don't doubt me again. The kid - Daniel Kramer has been invited to perform in Las Vegas by Penn & Teller even though he didn't fool them. I know somebody from the Jewish Chronicle who told  me. Just the facts from me.
Martin.Lester
View Profile
Inner circle
1028 Posts

Profile of Martin.Lester
Quote:
On 2011-07-10 08:23, Andi Peters wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-07-10 06:42, seangiles wrote:
It was a shame Alan Rorrison didn't fool 'em. He was the most entertaining IMO.

I agree, although he shouldn't have challenged P&T to name the piece of specific jewelry he used to achieve the effect. Even novice magicians could spot the type of ring he was wearing, he should have given P&T enough credit to know this was the case. Now another one of our little secrets is a step closer to the public domain.


While I agree as previously advised by Alan it is his own effect to do with as he wants,
Also if you Google magic ring the lay person will discover nothing!
Martin.Lester
View Profile
Inner circle
1028 Posts

Profile of Martin.Lester
Quote:
On 2011-07-10 09:12, F.U.D.T.S.P wrote:
Quote:
Disregard the miss informed post , Richard was the only person that fooled P&T last night


Please don't doubt me again. The kid - Daniel Kramer has been invited to perform in Las Vegas by Penn & Teller even though he didn't fool them. I know somebody from the Jewish Chronicle who told  me. Just the facts from me.


I am fully awaire that as a gesture of goodwill P&T has asked him to come to Vegas but fact is he did not fool them, and this fact has not been officially advised.

Remember we all have to start somewhere
Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1331 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
Quote:
On 2011-07-10 09:41, Martin.Lester wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-07-10 09:12, F.U.D.T.S.P wrote:
Quote:
Disregard the miss informed post , Richard was the only person that fooled P&T last night


Please don't doubt me again. The kid - Daniel Kramer has been invited to perform in Las Vegas by Penn & Teller even though he didn't fool them. I know somebody from the Jewish Chronicle who told  me. Just the facts from me.


I am fully awaire that as a gesture of goodwill P&T has asked him to come to Vegas but fact is he did not fool them, and this fact has not been officially advised.

Remember we all have to start somewhere

Doesn't seem fair on the other performers.
Olympic Adam
View Profile
Inner circle
1253 Posts

Profile of Olympic Adam
Neither does having people back for second chances....

why set a premise and then take it apart. I feel they are completely undermining their audience. If it's a free pass to Vegas for those they like then that's fine, but don't dress it up as something else.

Doubt I'll be watching again and I'm really disappointed. Put me right off P&T.
Protection for mind readers and mentalists: http://tricksofthemind.com
JonWhite
View Profile
Loyal user
London
284 Posts

Profile of JonWhite
Quote:
On 2011-07-10 10:09, Olympic Adam wrote:
Doubt I'll be watching again and I'm really disappointed. Put me right off P&T.


It really is still worth tuning into next weeks show. There's a lovely box levitation routine by a French act...

Just ignore the P&T bit and enjoy.
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
1991 Posts

Profile of puggo
Quote:
On 2011-07-10 10:09, Olympic Adam wrote:
Neither does having people back for second chances....

why set a premise and then take it apart. I feel they are completely undermining their audience. If it's a free pass to Vegas for those they like then that's fine, but don't dress it up as something else.

Doubt I'll be watching again and I'm really disappointed. Put me right off P&T.


While I mostly agree with your point about second chances (and several other points made in this thread), how much control over the production do you think P&T have? It is obviously P&Ts choice to invite the young magician to Vegas, but is it really the choice of P&T to have Mr Bellars & Vincent on the show twice? I suspect some 'back room' forces are at work!

Adam - do you not think the show is good for magic, when compared to the Lenny Henry 'thing' that was on a while ago?

Lets face it, what kind of audition passed an act with a 6 card repeat and an arm twist, if the idea is to fool P&T ...? This must be the production team going for the 'ahhhh!' factor (btw, I thought the young man had a good stage manner and was entertaining as such - my wife thought he was good).

Lets hope this thread survives bring deleted!

Charlie
Martin.Lester
View Profile
Inner circle
1028 Posts

Profile of Martin.Lester
Quote:
On 2011-07-10 10:09, Olympic Adam wrote:
Neither does having people back for second chances....

why set a premise and then take it apart. I feel they are completely undermining their audience. If it's a free pass to Vegas for those they like then that's fine, but don't dress it up as something else.

Doubt I'll be watching again and I'm really disappointed. Put me right off P&T.


With all shows there are curve balls and surprises

X Factor had 3 Wild Cards of previously rejected persons that was asked to come back
Also BGT once simion. was back in the UK he changed the rules and brought back some dancer that was previously rejected

I see no difference hear
Fábio DeRose
View Profile
Inner circle
San Paolo, Brasile
1477 Posts

Profile of Fábio DeRose
Fábio De'Rose - Ilusionista
www.ENIGMAGICO.com.br

Twitter @Enigmagico
Olympic Adam
View Profile
Inner circle
1253 Posts

Profile of Olympic Adam
Quote:
On 2011-07-10 11:06, Martin.Lester wrote:

With all shows there are curve balls and surprises

X Factor had 3 Wild Cards of previously rejected persons that was asked to come back
Also BGT once simion. was back in the UK he changed the rules and brought back some dancer that was previously rejected

I see no difference hear


if those guys had all won, and THEN you found out they were all from the same record company I think people would not stand for it, different shows I know but to me that's what has happened here.
Protection for mind readers and mentalists: http://tricksofthemind.com
Olympic Adam
View Profile
Inner circle
1253 Posts

Profile of Olympic Adam
Quote:
On 2011-07-10 11:03, puggo wrote:
...
Adam - do you not think the show is good for magic, when compared to the Lenny Henry 'thing' that was on a while ago?
...
Charlie


I did think it was good at first, I thought it was a good way for some unknown magicians with great ideas to get noticed and where they deserve to be. It has turned out to be pick your friends or business partners and force your way through, new product in hand. There are plenty of great guys and girls on here with great ideas that would love one chance to be on TV like that just for the fact of them getting on and trying it out rather than selling it desperately for all it's worth.
Protection for mind readers and mentalists: http://tricksofthemind.com
NFW
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1050 Posts

Profile of NFW
Couldn't even watch Richard all the way to the end - complete tedium !!
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3663 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Correct Olympic Adam , it defiantly was about not what you know but who you know on this one as many of the effects that were self workers would not have got the air time if you were not mates with the production crew. Several names were already definates before the auditions even too place it would appear. Nothing against Romany ( she did a good job )but she was a banker the day she applied IMO . By the way I am just a hobbyist so no sour grapes on my part just seems very contrived . Sorry back on topic well done Richard !
carlwag
View Profile
Special user
Huddersfield ,West yorkshire
711 Posts

Profile of carlwag
Remember the first series everybody goes on about was a one off pilot so having repeat magicians on this series is not a masive deal to me, if they repeated the same magicians in series 2 (if there is one ) then it would be.

Just my opinion.

Carl
Olympic Adam
View Profile
Inner circle
1253 Posts

Profile of Olympic Adam
It was called a special not a pilot at the time if I remember correctly.

It was played up to be the best showcase we had on offer in the UK not a test run for a series.

As I said somewhere else, if it were called 'Alakazam R Us' and they had all alakazam tricks and we all said they were good and bought them then fair enough but it's not.

If we did something like this it would be on P&T's show !@#$%^&*, they would expose us for being biased and not being fair to an art.
Protection for mind readers and mentalists: http://tricksofthemind.com
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10627 Posts

Profile of saysold1
There is a long tradition in show biz for connections and who you know. So what?

I continue to find myself entertained by the show, even if imperfect.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
MagicMichealMan
View Profile
Veteran user
Vancouver Island, British Columbia
349 Posts

Profile of MagicMichealMan
Long Live Piff!!!!!!
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2477 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Thanx for the support folks. happy you guys found it entertaining
slyhand
View Profile
Inner circle
Good ole Virginia
1890 Posts

Profile of slyhand
Nice job Alan. I don't know if I could hold up under that pressure.
I am getting so tired of slitting the throats of people who say that I am a violent psychopath.

Alec
Nechto
View Profile
Special user
UK
870 Posts

Profile of Nechto
Alan, you rocked it!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Congratulations to Richard Bellars !!!! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL