We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The Fallen by Jim Critchlow (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
TonyMc
View Profile
New user
Glossop, UK
52 Posts

Profile of TonyMc
By the way folks, I've managed to buy three Princess Mary tins in good condition. If anyone wants one, see me or Jim in The Ruskin.
mike storz
View Profile
Inner circle
Orange, CT
1353 Posts

Profile of mike storz
Just to chime in. I bought this effect at Williams Magic in Tucson this past Sunday. I must say that I am so happy I did! This is one powerful powerful effect. I have already mastered the effect. The system developed to make this work flawlessly is ingenious. This is something that is instantly repeatable and will be impossible for specs to figure it out. I give this a 10+

I must admit I was a little hesitant at first then I quickly learned the system and now just laugh at the simplicity. Well done on this one!
dennfox
View Profile
Inner circle
1680 Posts

Profile of dennfox
I present it as an experiment where the deck only has less than 10 active Spirits who will influence us. The rest of the 60 (Although they were real are there to show how powerful the so-called 10 are). Also the reason why these props were found on so many soldiers was because the King gifted a tin box with this to each solider(Critchchlow mentions it on tips) But not all the soldiers had these props on them(It's a ruse to level the playing field for the ten active spirits). The experiment is that these 10 Spirits will literary force you to choose them because of the intensity of their demise.
dennfox
View Profile
Inner circle
1680 Posts

Profile of dennfox
I also tell people that the picture cards are from a friend in the U.K. who is not only a Ghost Hunter but is packaging the cards for the 2014 centennial for WW1.
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Nice Back Story,Dennis!
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
dennfox
View Profile
Inner circle
1680 Posts

Profile of dennfox
Seems every time I post, the thread dies!
Papasmurf
View Profile
Special user
Tell-Tale Shapeshifting
547 Posts

Profile of Papasmurf
Hi,

I have some extra authentic WWI items that would go well with The Fallen or even Whitestar.
Specifically they are the items in the front of the pic.
From the left to right.
Trench art lighter, stereoview with WWI cards, Morse Code Telegraph, and a trench art shell vase (chopped if you want).
http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll267/sleightofH/WWI.jpg

US Post Cards.
http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll267......ards.jpg

German Post Cards
http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll267......ards.jpg

For sale or open to trade for similar items from the time.

When my Fallen collection is complete I will show and tell.

Eric
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4403 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
I know this is an old thread,but I just got the Fallen to day and wow what a great peice of mentalism here.I like the idea of an old photo album ,so might got for that.I have been wanting this for quite some time just the expense was a little high,but hey ive gone for it as I may not have the money again to burn as I have had to take a massive pay cut,so I am really looking forward to working on this before I perform it,i have an idea for a soundtrack of some WW1 gun fire and bombs going off before I introduce the effect and I appear as a Soldier appearing from some smoke. Afterwards I am going to ask my audiance, which are my friends and neighbours if they would not mind donating a little for the British Legion.It is a very sensitive subject and I do feel that we do not forget and if any donation can help fund our ex service men and wemen who laid down their lives for us, then it can only be a positive thing. Shane
Brynmore13
View Profile
Elite user
Australia
485 Posts

Profile of Brynmore13
Shane, that sounds like it could be an effective piece of theatre...nice.
All is perceived through the gate of the mind.
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4403 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Quote:
On 2013-10-29 06:20, Brynmore13 wrote:
Shane, that sounds like it could be an effective piece of theatre...nice.

Thankyou very much Brynmore13.
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5941 Posts

Profile of george1953
Anything that helps the British Legion has to be a good thing.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
djefvulen
View Profile
Regular user
166 Posts

Profile of djefvulen
I just found out about Jim Critchlow and some of his effects. So I'm thinking of starting with getting one of them, but which one is the most versatile/impressive? I'm thinking of getting either The Fallen, White Star or Til Death Do Us Apart.
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5941 Posts

Profile of george1953
I have all of them, and I must say that my favourite is Till Death. It always leaves the spectator with their mouth open, the f****e of the photo worried me at first but now it never misses. Having said thet The Fallen and White star are wonderful effects too, with White Star and The Fallen I have added lots of Titanic memorabilia and ww1 artifacts which help enormously to uild up the story, if you like this type of presentation I would also highly recommend you check out Missing InAction by Stephen Young, you can find him here on the Café its a wonderful piece of theatre.
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1563 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
I don't have The Fallen or TDDUA, but have White Star & LOVE it ! Anything Jim puts out seems to be awesome, plus the fun of yet finding another cool old box & assembling prop items to work with these ! You can't go wrong with any of them, but rather which one(s) you feel would work for you.....personally I have been around the boats all my life, had interests with T*tan*c so White Star was for me ! Every time I just pull out the box & open it,conversation just starts itself before I perform it, as it is an iconic moment in history that everyone is aware of.

If you love story telling effects, these all are great & fun to do !!
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3933 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
You may need to do a little detective work...but try to get hold of Simon Scott, and ask can you guy an effect of his called CHOKED. It is sublime.

Steve
djefvulen
View Profile
Regular user
166 Posts

Profile of djefvulen
I found Choked as an e-book at lulu.com. Bought it, will check it out later Smile.
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4403 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Anyone know if he has anything new coming out? when I recieved the Fallen he did have some add cards stating 3 new effects will be coming out,but when?, bearing in mind the Fallen has been out a few years ,i just love his stuff,all the best.
Shane
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5941 Posts

Profile of george1953
I bought the Fallen about a year ago and saw the same cards saying something about new releases, ut I havent heard anything since, anyone know ?
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4403 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Quote:
On 2013-11-10 19:05, george1953 wrote:
I bought the Fallen about a year ago and saw the same cards saying something about new releases, ut I havent heard anything since, anyone know ?

Does make you wonder George, I brought the Fallen a few weeks ago and nothing new yet released?.
JimCritchlow
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of JimCritchlow
Two years in the making and now here mine and Tony's TITANIC available from most UK dealers from 11 April just ask. http://youtu.be/djWLiHhDFNw
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The Fallen by Jim Critchlow (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL