The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » D'lite questions (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
blitzchampion
View Profile
Regular user
Portugal
148 Posts

Profile of blitzchampion
Can someone make a small review on the d'lites ? Thanks. I also heard that the D'lite video was useless and that it could be seen in the penguinmagic.com demo, is this true ?
Should I pick the golden d'lite or the red one ?
rgranville
View Profile
Elite user
Boston area
463 Posts

Profile of rgranville
The D'Lite allows you to pluck light out of nowhere - not lightbulbs, light. It's a cute idea and effect largely limited only by your imagination. Get two and you can toss light from hand to hand.

The video is not much more than a demo video. Save your money and ask people here how they use their D'Lites.
Smile
UNREAL
View Profile
New user
Bronx, NY
77 Posts

Profile of UNREAL
ive been wondering about these as well. ive done a lot of research and my only concern is the battery life. how long do they last and is there a way to replace battery
"There is no spoon."
hokeypokey
View Profile
New user
Chicago
71 Posts

Profile of hokeypokey
There is a good discussion on D'Lites in the sidewalk shuffle forum. Here is a link (I hope) -http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=26069&forum=6.

I thought the video was useful to demonstrate the D'Lites and for ideas on routines. When trying to learn how to use the D'Lites for the first time, I found it helpful to see someone else perform them. This doesn't have to come from the video, but it was the only source I had at the time. The video also provides ideas for routines/effects, but that is something you can get from this forum.

I don't know how long the batteries last, but I don't think the D'Lites use much power, so probably a long time. If I decide to use them frequently, I will probably get a back-up pair and just switch them out when the batteries run out. With a litle work, it should also be possible to change the batteries, but it might be tricky to do so.

For what it's worth, I used two D'Lites at a kid's birthday party and the kids LOVED them. Here are some of the effects that I worked into my routine:

-- plucking lights out of the air
-- plucking lights out of kid's ears
-- plucking light out of air and throwing it into a silk held in the other hand
-- taking a single light on one thumb and "breaking" it into two lights, one on each thumb
-- passing light into one ear and out the other (this was the best effect in my routine).
-- putting light into mouth and spitting it back out again (I had reservations about this last one because I didn't want to encourage the kids to put things into their mouths, but felt safe enough because I wasn't dealing with a real object).

Have fun with them.
spatrick
View Profile
Special user
Tom Sawyer let me whitewash these
517 Posts

Profile of spatrick
D'Lites are easy to work with and the routines are endless.

Pluck a light from a X-Mass tree, pluck a red light from the tip of a rose, toss a light back and forth, use the light before you produce a red silk from a barehand, etc....

The battery in the gimmick is a 3v button battery that will last for years of use and if you ever need to change it out you can and the replacement battery cost 1.49 at radio Shack.

Hope this helps.

S. Patrick
blitzchampion
View Profile
Regular user
Portugal
148 Posts

Profile of blitzchampion
I heard of a guy that used them very often and the batteries went out after 3 months. I also heard that it's easy to make your own d'lites, but I'm not very good with those things.
So, you think I should take the combo out of my order and buy 2 separate d'lites ( red ??? Smile )
and I'd still have money to buy somehting else. Wat would you buy with those extra 10-15 $ ?
paraguppie
View Profile
Elite user
Forsyth Montana!
411 Posts

Profile of paraguppie
I use these as a staple in my resturant routine for kids. Seems the adults love them just as much though. I have a pair of green, and a pair of red. It has to be pretty dark to see the green very well. I use the red if it's very light out, you can see those in about every situation except direct sunlight.

I have never seen the video, I just bought a pair and figured out how to use them, it's pretty simple with some practice in a mirror.

I have gone through two sets in about 2 years of resturant work. That is, I have burned out 2 sets with constant use on the weekend nights. They last quite well in my opinion.

I do anything that pops in my head with them. I pluck lights from kids light up shoes, the ones with red lights that light up when they walk, they LOVE it! I eat the lights, put them through my head, through kids heads, mom and dad's heads, I have even been known to snort one up my nose and pull it out of my ear. The kids die laughing.

I would highly recomend them if you do any kind of work with kids. Even adults, my friends are always asking if I will do that "light thing". You can usually find them for about $20 a pair. Buy a pair, not a single, you can only do half of what you want with a single. Check them out, lots of fun.

Keith
Smile
Check me out at www.magickeith.com
blitzchampion
View Profile
Regular user
Portugal
148 Posts

Profile of blitzchampion
Cool, but do you think I should buy the video ? It's a lot of D'lite pros performing right? If I took that out of my order I'd have 10 extra bucks.... what do you recomend for that price on penguinmagic ? Thanks
rgranville
View Profile
Elite user
Boston area
463 Posts

Profile of rgranville
The video is a lot of D'Lite pros performing for the camera. It gives you some ideas of what to do with D'Lites, but as I said, you can get the same for free here. Several people have already shared some ideas in this thread.
Smile
TrcikPony
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of TrcikPony
I use the gold d'lites and love them!!!

Jeff
paraguppie
View Profile
Elite user
Forsyth Montana!
411 Posts

Profile of paraguppie
Hey Jeff,

How bright are those gold ones, my green ones are not very bright. I love the red, they are very bright, maybe I need some gold? Thanks,

Keith
AragorntheMagician
View Profile
Veteran user
Metro-Atlanta
304 Posts

Profile of AragorntheMagician
Have pairs of the gold, green and red for myself and my assist (my daughter). We have great fun with the kids and each other by catching things and tossing them back and forth to each other. Also use the d'lite and a finger flame to light my "Fire Pan".
Yours,
Aragorn the Magician
aka: Bob Smile
aka: I used to be BOB (It's Cellini's fault)
"All Right, Who's Volunteering to be Turned into a Frog???"
www.aragornthemagician.com
jcvelbar
View Profile
New user
South Florida
50 Posts

Profile of jcvelbar
I found the video infromative as a reference, but definitely not necessary!
Joe Tracini
View Profile
New user
England
4 Posts

Profile of Joe Tracini
the best D'lite to buy is the red ones they are the brightest!
the Batteries should if brand new be able to stay permanently on for about 6 months, but you never have them permantly on, so they can last a long time!
the red ones are brighted because the LED cover is clear and the actual light is red instead of a white light first passing through a green bulb,this makes the light dimmer!
hope this helps (oh the Video is not essensial but is good guidence) plus if you want two Dlites, the video a normal TT and a red silk, buy the bonus pack, as you save alot of money! check out http://www.PenguinMagic.com as they sell many D'lie items! or of course http://www.dlite.com
all the best
Joe Tracini
blitzchampion
View Profile
Regular user
Portugal
148 Posts

Profile of blitzchampion
Thanks a lot everyone, but I can't buy the video because penguin only has them on NTSC
:-(
bielke
View Profile
New user
Germany
57 Posts

Profile of bielke
i saw a dLite with a dLite Magic wand and a dLite rose.
´
is this good?

i only know the normal dLite
TrcikPony
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of TrcikPony
Stick with the regualr d'lites. They come in other colors than red if you need a change.

Jeff
kihei kid
View Profile
Inner circle
Dog House
1039 Posts

Profile of kihei kid
Get 2 D'lites because you can do so much more with them, and if you are a visual learner consider the video.
In loving memory of Hughie Thomasson 1952-2007.

You brought something beautiful to this world, you touched my heart, my soul and my life. You will be greatly missed.

Until we meet again “my old friend”.
dynamite
View Profile
New user
Philippines
71 Posts

Profile of dynamite
I have a pair of red D'lites and use them often. It entertains young ones and the young once, and you can do a lot of routines with a pair.

Regarding batteries, I think it would last long since the "lights" are so small and consumes very minimal energy.

Would also advise to get a "choco-baby," a version of D'lite which you put in your mouth. When you catch a "light" and put it in your mouth, you can activate the choco-baby and produce a light in your mouth. Perfect combination.

All the best!

Dynamite
Smile
"Whatever you can do, or dream you can do, you can . . . Boldness has a genius, magic and power to it!"
paraguppie
View Profile
Elite user
Forsyth Montana!
411 Posts

Profile of paraguppie
Dynamite,

Hi, where do you get this "choco-baby" item. I have been looking (even started a thread) for a way to produce a light in my mouth. I would love to get one of these things! Let me know please,

Thanks,
Keith
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » D'lite questions (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL