The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Milbourne Christopher Award for Mentalism (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Christian & Katalina
View Profile
Elite user
406 Posts

Profile of Christian & Katalina
My wife and I are very happy to learn we are receiving the Milbourne Christopher Award for Mentalism at the SAM Convention.

http://www.magicsam.com/SAM2011/index.asp

We will be performing part of our Mentalism Act at the Banquet on Saturday Night and hope to see some of you there.

Additionally, we will be moderating a Mentalism get together on Thursday at 2:00 at the convention.

As I know many of you here have no idea who we are, I thought I would introduce us a bit. I write a Mentalism Column for MUM magazine and cover subjects from Character Development, to Selecting your Venue, and interesting effects. One of my most popular columns (getting a great deal of E-mail feedback) was one about using the WOW gimmick in a psychological presentation.

I have a book out called Protoplasm that has received much praise from my professional peers. I have also been honored to have many people write back to tell me how they have been using some of the effects in the book in ways that I would not have thought of. Neil Tobin shared a nice twist and a gentleman from PA that altered one effect to make it perfect for a spook show.

http://www.lulu.com/product/paperback/pr......center/1

This year we have performed at Magic on the Beach, Abracorndabra, Fechter's Finger Flicking Frolic, and The SAM National Convention.

I also keep a blog that I am not very good at updating here: http://enjoythemystery.com/

We have worked on cruise ships, colleges, theaters..yadda yadda... but lately in a bid to get off the road and travel a little less we secured our own theater and now get to go home every night and sleep in our own bed. Yeah!

If any of you here will be at the SAM convention, please don't hesitate to stop me and my wife and say hi.
Milbourne Christopher Award for Mentalism 2011
The Annemann Award for Menatalism 2016
Author of "Protoplasm" Close-up Mentalism
Christophercarter
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of Christophercarter
Wow! Congratulations!
magic4545
View Profile
Inner circle
Jimmy Fingers
1166 Posts

Profile of magic4545
Congrats Christian, Kat,

Good to see someone in the trenches getting their due...

Jimmy
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10097 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Congratulations on the award and your exciting new venue? How long have you been doing it? Where is it at, and how's it going so far. Was unaware of your blog and column, must check it out. Heading over to your web site now.
Dreadnought
View Profile
Special user
Athens, Georgia
836 Posts

Profile of Dreadnought
Congratulations!
Peace

"Ave Maria gratia plena Dominus tecum..."

Scott

Would you do anything for the person you love?
unclesamayen
View Profile
Elite user
Taiwan
464 Posts

Profile of unclesamayen
Wow, that's cool!
Congratulations!

YuYen
Comedy, Mental, Busking.
Performing magic for the blinds.
http://youtu.be/nW3O0nucQUI
Busking in Mong Kok
http://youtu.be/WqohXqTxRVU
ChrisWall
View Profile
Regular user
England
119 Posts

Profile of ChrisWall
Well done. Keep it up!

An amazing achievement.

Chris.
"Have your cake and eat it... there's no other reason to have a cake" - Derren Brown

http://www.chrisreadsminds.co.uk
David Thiel
View Profile
Inner circle
Western Canada...where all that oil is
3920 Posts

Profile of David Thiel
Congratulations! A milestone reached.

David
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except bears. Bears will kill you.

www.MindGemsBrainTrust.com
www.magicpendulums.com
www.MidnightMagicAndMentalism.com
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Congratulations for receiving the Christopher Award and thanks for your many contributions to the art.

Good thoughts,

Bob
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3026 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
That's fantastic, Christian and Katalina! Huge congratulations!

Best,
Neil
Creator of The Xpert (20 PAGES of reviews!) and the Hands-Off Multiple ESP System ("Quality and design far exceed any ESP cards on the market"-Genii), and contributor to the ebook GOLD: When It HAS To Be Performance GOLD -- all at Penguin.
Garrette
View Profile
Special user
926 Posts

Profile of Garrette
Excellent news. Congratulations to you both.
Tony Razzano
View Profile
Inner circle
South River, NJ
1597 Posts

Profile of Tony Razzano
Congratulations Christian and Kat! Well deserved! A class act and two personally wonderful people!
Best regards,
<BR>Tony Razzano, Past President, PEA
Winner of the PEA"s Bascom Jones and Bob Haines Awards
dmoses
View Profile
Inner circle
2196 Posts

Profile of dmoses
Congratulations!

d
"You're a comedian. You wanna do mankind a service, tell funnier jokes."
TPR by Dave Moses and Iain Dunford
kevin carmean
View Profile
Regular user
158 Posts

Profile of kevin carmean
Great news Christian and Kat! Keep up the good work!

Kevin
Patrick Redford
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1738 Posts

Profile of Patrick Redford
In the words of Blur: WOOOHOOO!
Keith Raygor
View Profile
Special user
Naples, FL
969 Posts

Profile of Keith Raygor
Congratulations to both of you. I'm very happy to see you recognized for your work.
Christian & Katalina
View Profile
Elite user
406 Posts

Wow, thank you everyone for the well wishes. We are now off on our way to Pittsburgh to take a break and have some fun. Look forward to meeting any of you that might happen to stop by. Already have a meeting with Rick Maue planned as he always has something up his sleeve. (oh I did not use that metaphor . . . yes I did.)

Also working with Riggs on a project that might have some interest to those here in the Café. This would be big...really big.

Also, I recently just finished "Unspeakable Acts". This is one crazy book. A pure joy for the mentalist/bizzarist. I have also recently read "The Impostress Princess". This is a book that can easily be overlooked by the mentalist community. A quirky trick that can be very strong.
Christian & Katalina
View Profile
Elite user
406 Posts

Oh..and as I drive towards Pittsburgh..I will be listening to BoB Cassidy's new CDs "The Act", "An Evening with", and "3 Secrets". I here this Cassidy guy is kinda good.
Christian & Katalina
View Profile
Elite user
406 Posts

Currently, we are still at the SAM National...however, We did listen to some of Bob Cassidy's CDs on the way up. I would highly suggest that you purchase these CD's. We were listening to Beyond Fundamentals. K and I stopped the CD many times to discuss the information that was being put out on the CD.

Many people here ask questions about constructing an act...Bob gives much information about that subject on this CD. There is pure gold here. What is on this CD is much more valuable than purchasing your next "gonna make you a star" effect.

Michael Weber kept Bob on track...which isn't easy as Bobs mind can easily derail into a myriad of stories and ideas. Michael also would get Bob to expand on ideas that the listener would want to hear.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Milbourne Christopher Award for Mentalism (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL