The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Big ball finale for Multiplying Billiard Balls (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jiayi
View Profile
Veteran user
Canada
313 Posts

Profile of jiayi
Hi guys I am new to the MBB, sorry if it has been posted else where, I am just wondering where I can get the big ball to end the MBB? THanks for your help!
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
I've made my own from large plastic ornaments that I painted. Michael's has the two part clear ornaments. 4" is good and large enough to hold a regular set of 1 3/4". Cut the hanger off and glue the halves together. I cut a hole in mine large enough to accept the regular balls.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Kent Wong
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
2458 Posts

Profile of Kent Wong
Fakini also makes a large golf ball if you are using a multiplying golf ball routine.

Kent
"Believing is Seeing"
<BR>______________________
<BR>
<BR>www.kentwongmagic.com
jiayi
View Profile
Veteran user
Canada
313 Posts

Profile of jiayi
Thanks for the tips Michael and Kent!
Mr. Woolery
View Profile
Inner circle
Fairbanks, AK
2149 Posts

Profile of Mr. Woolery
On Al Schneider's L&L performance of his multiplying golf balls, he uses a giant golf ball he says he got at a toy store.

-Patrick
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Yes, the Climax Golf Ball by Fakini was made from a large Golf Ball saving bank. These were available 30 years ago. They were made by a company out of Chicago, Ill. Needless to say, I am sure the manufacturer is out of business today.

I found the Golf Ball Saving Bank and a 5" Baseball Saving Bank at KMart back then. I sanded off the baseball stitching and made a jumbo ball after painting it.

Fakini either bought a very large supply of banks or is making from their own molds now.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I have an Abbott's giant golf ball I used to do... it is plastic and had a spring/hinged flap. The effect is in John Booth's book, "Marvels of Mystery" called "Cannonball Finish." It's great.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Yeah, if a golf ball is desired, my method wouldn't work so good! Smile

I think I'd look on Ebay too for one of those toys. I'm more of a DIY guy. You never know...
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2011-07-13 13:43, Pete Biro wrote:
I have an Abbott's giant golf ball I used to do... it is plastic and had a spring/hinged flap. The effect is in John Booth's book, "Marvels of Mystery" called "Cannonball Finish." It's great.

I was told that the Golf Ball Abbott's use to use came from a container to hold a men's belt for his slacks. It was more of a gift box they converted to work for the Climax Ball effect. The trap door was a nice feature, this is not on the Fakini models.
Stucky
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Batman!
1355 Posts

Profile of Stucky
Look in the Books of Wonder. Tommy had a method for producing a HUGE ball.
Official Thread Killer
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2011-07-14 09:27, Stucky wrote:
Look in the Books of Wonder. Tommy had a method for producing a HUGE ball.

The late Tommy Wonder's ball production has little to do with transforming several balls to one large ball. It would just create more problems then it solves. Also, the material he used cannot be located today, it was just lucky find for Tommy Wonder, and his creative thinking to remake the ball.
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
I have one of Frank's first versions of the Giant Golf Ball, and yes, it's teriffic when you drop the balls in the Top hat, one by one and then tip the Top hat over to show the giant golf ball. You really might want this if you do a golf ball routine.

I guess if you don't have a Top hat or don't want to use one, you could do the same thing with a paper bag.
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
I also have a version when using the multiplying eyeballs. I dress as a Zombie and the "table" I work from is a tombstone. On top is a "stone" flower vase, and I use that for the transformation to the big eyeball!
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2011-07-12 18:01, jiayi wrote:
Hi guys I am new to the MBB, sorry if it has been posted else where, I am just wondering where I can get the big ball to end the MBB? THanks for your help!

If you want a real nice ball for the Jumbo Billiard Ball. Purchase a 4-1/4" or 5" Zombie from Morrissey Products and paint or coat the ball the color you want. It is an easy matter to prepare the ball to accept your billiard balls.

http://www.morrisseymagic.com/zombie1a.htm#z
rmendez
View Profile
Inner circle
San Antonio, Texas
1253 Posts

Profile of rmendez
I'm looking for one in yellow so I contacted the House of Fakini.
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
I got my large ball from a Halloween store. It was the ball of a plastic ball and chain set. It's really easy to cut with sissors.

Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Good idea, Jim!
~michael baker
The Magic Company
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
I think I got the idea from someone else. It's a seasonal product mostly so it's almost time to get one.
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
Doc Svengali
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of Doc Svengali
I use this white acrylic globe from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00435......F8&psc=1

I sawed off the neck opening with a hacksaw, so the globe is perfectly rounded with a 3 inch opening. I place the globe in a large magician's hat. The end of the routine is a continuous production of balls, which are all "dropped" into the hat (really inside the globe in the hat). The finish reveals that all the balls have turned into one large ball, and there is nothing else in the hat.

A similar methodology is discussed in Levent's 3-DVD set on the billiard balls, and also Tim Wright's DVD on the multiplying balls.
Don Antonio
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of Don Antonio
I have the set of Albert goshman with a giant golf ball.
Maby to make a hole inside forputing the litle golf ball insite?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Big ball finale for Multiplying Billiard Balls (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL