The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » The Ambivisual Principle by Reg Blackwood (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Martin Adams
View Profile
Elite user
455 Posts

Profile of Martin Adams
Hi Guys!

Check out our release at MindShocks!

Here is the adcopy:

The Ambivisual Principle (formerly BackTrack!) utilises properties inherent in many photographs, drawings, illustrations and everyday objects which can be used in mentalism effects in at least two different ways:

1. To achieve multiple outs in both prediction effects and “subliminal influence” type effects.

2. For secret communication to an instant accomplice, for example in “spectator as mindreader” type effects, without risking direct exposure.

In both types of effect, the spectator has a genuinely free choice and the images or objects (which may or may not have been in full view throughout) are used to achieve the desired result immediately after that choice has been revealed.

This eBook contains a detailed explanation of the principle involved.

Example effects are also included for illustration, as well as some essential building blocks to get you started creating an infinite number of your own effects immediately.

In Example 1 the performer correctly predicts a spectator's choice of one from four of the performer's drawings, after apparently getting it completely wrong at first.
An alternative presentation shows how the same effect can be easily converted to an open prediction or subliminal influence type effect.

In Example 2 the performer gives the spectator something to wear, something to put on their head and something to hold before they choose a travel destination. The spectator finds their destination is the only one missing from a clutch of boarding passes. The performer produces the missing document from his pocket. Then on the reverse side, it is revealed that what the spectator is wearing, what they have on their head and what they are holding influenced their choice of destination.

In Example 3 after following the performer's simple instructions, one spectator correctly divines a word chosen by another.

The Ambivisual Principle is a no-fail, no-force system where the spectator makes a genuinely free choice.

"A nice mixture of ideas that allows you to create great experiments in subliminal influence with no effort" - Pablo Amirá

"This is an incredible and completely new tool for the mentalist. The possibilities are huge. It turns the usual method upside down. Whereas many methods in mentalism employ some kind of force limiting the choice in subtle ways to predict an outcome, Blackwood is turning this on its head. The spectator has a completely and truly free choice. Nevertheless you can logically and clearly show that his choice was influenced or pre-determined from the get go. I love it! It's great!" - Chris Wasshuber

"This is solid GOLD!" - Stephen Ward

"Pretty cool." - Banachek

Second Edition July 2011

Available at: http://mindshocks.com/products/the-ambiv......lackwood

Kind Regards,

Martin
Prager
View Profile
Inner circle
e-Mentalism.com
1858 Posts

Profile of Prager
Multiple outs on steroids!
Jose Prager
The man who knows how to amuse and mystify

www.e-mentalism.com
Secret products for mentalists.
quicknotist
View Profile
Special user
888 Posts

Profile of quicknotist
I like that.
:)
Reg

Quote:
On 2011-07-13 10:47, J.Prager wrote:
Multiple outs on steroids!
Joshua Quinn
View Profile
Inner circle
with an outer triangle
2054 Posts

Profile of Joshua Quinn
This is a highly clever, useful and versatile idea. If you like being able to show after-the-fact how a spectator's choice was subliminally influenced, you'll like it. If you like being able to do that without using a force, you'll really like it. I immediately thought of one terrific application for it, and I suspect I'll be losing sleep thinking of more. And for ten bucks, it's a no-brainer.

PS - These are the views of a paying customer unaffiliated with the creator or vendor.
Every problem contains the seeds of its own solution. Unfortunately every problem also contains the seeds of an infinite number of non-solutions, so that first part really isn't super helpful.
S.WARD
View Profile
Loyal user
United Kingdom
251 Posts

Profile of S.WARD
This is very clever and I have been testing ideas out using this principle. I really rate this.
quicknotist
View Profile
Special user
888 Posts

Profile of quicknotist
Thanks Joshua and Stephen,
It's feedback like this which encouraged me to give the original BackTrack manuscript some additional work and a rename.
I'm glad you think it was worthy of it.
:)
Reg
nonprofitmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
203 Posts

Profile of nonprofitmagic
Can this be repeated multiple times to the same spectator, or would that give it away?

Kevin
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
What besides an ambitious card routine is or should be repeated to the same spectator?
bevbevvybev
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2674 Posts

Profile of bevbevvybev
Mindshocks no longer exists by the looks of things.
Marqus
View Profile
Special user
899 Posts

Profile of Marqus
I believe you can get this at the Lybrary site.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » The Ambivisual Principle by Reg Blackwood (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL