The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Ring Of truth problem.... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24107 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On 2011-07-13 13:34, magicman29 wrote:
I was wondering has this ever happened to anyone before?

No.
David Rhodes
View Profile
Loyal user
283 Posts

Profile of David Rhodes
I recommend looking at Prevaricator, not just for the actual method, but the thinking someone (for the life of me I cannot remember who) came up with in which you ask do you have the ring to each spectator then you ask is it in your left hand to both spectators. Finally adding a nice piece of kurosuke into the mix.
Sariel
View Profile
Loyal user
258 Posts

Profile of Sariel
Just watch Jennifer Connelly in Labyrinth and all will become crystal clear to you... Smile
Dreadnought
View Profile
Special user
Athens, Georgia
836 Posts

Profile of Dreadnought
I love the signature Sariel. It speaks volumes.
Peace

"Ave Maria gratia plena Dominus tecum..."

Scott

Would you do anything for the person you love?
RLFrame
View Profile
Elite user
447 Posts

Profile of RLFrame
"I recommend looking at Prevaricator...." Me too.

"...not just for the actual method, but the thinking someone (for the life of me I cannot remember who) came up with in which you ask do you have the ring to each spectator then you ask is it in your left hand to both spectators." You don't WANT to remember. Patrick was fine but that guy's an a**h*le and is better off unknown!

The Abnormalist
Shrubsole
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
2448 Posts

Profile of Shrubsole
Why is the answer to one trick, another trick?

Why over-complicate things further?

I'm also a hypnotist but if I was having a problem whilst doing 'Mockingbird' why would the answer be "Oh put them into a trance and get the answer that way"?

Do ROT OR Prevaricator, but the answer to the topic posed here about ROT is not some other trick.

Talk about using a 2 inch thick steel cable where a piece of cotton is needed.
Winner of the Dumbringer Award for total incompetence. (All years)
runeflax
View Profile
Loyal user
214 Posts

Profile of runeflax
Quote:

Prevaricator and ring of truth are related! The steel cable and the piece of cotton are not...
Shrubsole
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
2448 Posts

Profile of Shrubsole
Quote:
On 2011-07-15 17:36, runeflax wrote:
Quote:

Prevaricator and ring of truth are related! The steel cable and the piece of cotton are not...

Well that wins the Shrubsole post of the year in the category of completely missing the entire point.

Anyway... back to ROT (hopefully)
Winner of the Dumbringer Award for total incompetence. (All years)
RLFrame
View Profile
Elite user
447 Posts

Profile of RLFrame
Shrubsole,

You post was directly below mine but I am not sure if you were responding to me, but I'll address it nonetheless. Speaking for myself, I got your point, and I did address how I handle the instructions given to the participants in Ring Of Truth to better insure the right responses. But but when you write, "Why is the answer to one trick, another trick?

Why over-complicate things further?,"

I don't necessarily agree with the assumptions you made there either. This thread was started by someone wondering why Ring Of Truth didn't work. I have been there too and so have others based on threads of the past. If there are variations that are simpler and/or less likely to result in the problem that magicman29 faced, they are legitimate suggestions for this topic in my opinion.

Th Abnormalist
Patrick Redford
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1738 Posts

Profile of Patrick Redford
To clarify further Ryan Frame is the gent who came up with the additional question that's fully explained on the Prevaricator Project DVD.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Ring Of truth problem.... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL