The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mental Epic Compendium (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

natmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
USA
295 Posts

Profile of natmagic
I was finally able to get a copy of this book and spent several weeks absorbing it all. It's a giant of a book!
I've always liked Mental Epic but never 100% happy with it. This book has made me go back to this effect, and put it back in my show. I got the opportunity last night to perform Mental Epic again after putting it away for so long. I did the routine by Romhany and Gerard where they worked the board backwards. This completely changed my entire thinking of Mental Epic, and the reaction was incredible - easily one of the strongest audience reactions last night.

I am also now performing Banachek's close up version with business cards and it's impromptu and get's a strong reaction.

This book is very highly recommended - a great source of material and filled with some amazing contributions by many of the top names in our business. If you haven't go this the check it out. I bought mine from the local magic shop but I think you can get it pretty much anywhere.
Dreadnought
View Profile
Special user
Athens, Georgia
836 Posts

Profile of Dreadnought
I always found the Mental Epic to be powerful stuff. The expression on people's faces when their thoughts are revealed, or your thoughts placed into them, is powerful stuff. There is so much one can do with it. One of the beautiful things about it is that it is so deceptive. To me, it is the mentalist version of cups and balls.
Peace

"Ave Maria gratia plena Dominus tecum..."

Scott

Would you do anything for the person you love?
Alexander Marsh
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1190 Posts

Profile of Alexander Marsh
Where can one get this from
Richard Paddon
View Profile
Loyal user
214 Posts

Profile of Richard Paddon
Paul Romhany
View Profile
V.I.P.
New Zealand
798 Posts

Profile of Paul Romhany
I am glad you got a lot from the book - everybody who emails me tells me it has completely made them re-think Mental Epic, and made them put it back in their act. I've been doing it since I was a kid, actually it was the first purchase I ever made at age 13 (I'm now 43!!). The book should be available from any magic shop around the world. You can certainly buy it direct from me.

Thanks for the mention.
Paul

PS My new upcoming book will be just as big and is on performing Mentalism for Kids and teenagers - it's going to be another EPIC book.
"life is like a movie ... you write your own ending" - Kermit the Frog

http://extrememagicmakeover.com

http://www.paulromhany.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mental Epic Compendium (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL