The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Paper Crane Magic Presents: "And All Will Be Consumed" by Chris Wiehl (19 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Kevin Schaller
View Profile
Loyal user
Germany
264 Posts

Profile of Kevin Schaller
Looks really good to me. Smile
'Geniuses can make the world a better place or make it fall apart alongside their own minds.” - Kevin Schaller
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1646 Posts

Profile of JamieD
Ill agree, this does look very good indeed. I've failed to ever find a CIB routine that I liked enough to do at gigs, but if as clean as it sounds, I think it could be THE ONE! Awesome work Paper Crane and Chris!

Jamie Daws
THE DARK SERIES - DECEASED - SCREAM - HE'S NOT HERE - www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
Max Krause
View Profile
V.I.P.
I should be creating magic with my
1190 Posts

Profile of Max Krause
Hey Guys,

Having seen this as it was in development I can tell you that Chris has done an amazing job. This is a very clever idea and as he said the bottle is 100% examinable before and after and can easily be borrowed. That being said I believe you do need to use a Gatorade bottle but I don't think that lessens the impact of what happens. Great job Chris and I can't wait to get my hands on a copy once this is released!

Regards,
Max
Nat
View Profile
Elite user
487 Posts

Profile of Nat
Very clever, easy, amazing, unique -- of all the CIBs I own, this is clearly the best!

Bravo!!

Nat

Quote:
On 2011-07-14 17:27, Phatmeat wrote:
I like the look of this: http://www.papercranemagic.com/consumed.htm
chriswiehl
View Profile
Veteran user
372 Posts

Profile of chriswiehl
Thanks max and nat!
www.christopherwiehl.com
www.syracusemagic.com
Syracuse Magician Christopher Wiehl.
Ray Chelt
View Profile
Inner circle
Changing the world with my
1278 Posts

Profile of Ray Chelt
Looks okay---I don't entirely buy the "borrow any bottle" comment as I don't think that is true.

However if you can give out the bottle for a full examination afterwards not sure that that matters
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6907 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
I think this looks really nice. But I couldn't care less if the bottle is borrowed or not. I have a thing about using bottles that other people have been drinking out of. "And there's the singed coin! Here, let me just dump this backwash-soaked quarter onto your hand..." Yuk. When I do CTB effects, I use a bottle that I've previously rinsed out. Smile
chriswiehl
View Profile
Veteran user
372 Posts

Profile of chriswiehl
I agree with cameron about the borrowed bottle. If I have one all ready that is better because its cleaner and due to the fact that you can hand everything out it gives them plenty of time to examine and check out everything. Using a borrowed bottle is mentioned because it is an option that someone may want to perform. All preference.
www.christopherwiehl.com
www.syracusemagic.com
papercrane
View Profile
Regular user
150 Posts

Profile of papercrane
Check out one of the reactions that Consumed got... http://papercranemagic.com/blog/?p=323

Watch it to the end, you will love it.

Mandy
GeneTony
View Profile
Special user
509 Posts

Profile of GeneTony
I think maybe she "consumed" a little too much that night? Lol
Some think Houdini used trap doors in his act, but he was just going through a stage.
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4230 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Quote:
On 2011-07-16 17:11, papercrane wrote:
Check out one of the reactions that Consumed got... http://papercranemagic.com/blog/?p=323

Watch it to the end, you will love it.

Mandy

...Sold lol
Judah Vee
View Profile
Special user
of the JV Naughty Vanish....
878 Posts

Profile of Judah Vee
Yeah.... ummm.. yeah... I think I am sold on this too....

LOL!!!!

-J-
I don't care how fast or slow you are.... As long as I am faster.. -J-
smacks183
View Profile
Loyal user
246 Posts

Profile of smacks183
Any more reviews on this? I see that you can download it right away. Thanks.
chriswiehl
View Profile
Veteran user
372 Posts

Profile of chriswiehl
Here is a review from T11 from Pat Duff:
Hey whats up guys I have recently bought an effect from a friend of mine named Chris Wiehl and I have decided to give it a review. Videos will be posted at the bottom.

Effect: Basically this effect is a signed coin in bottle and a sharpie in bottle. On the download Chris performs this effect mainly with a coin and a sharpie, but Chris says you can use chapstick, lipstick, pens, batteries, keys and etc. For this effect you can use many things . This effect is so visual and so fun to perform, I really like this effect a lot and I think everyone else will like it as well I have seen a lot of bottle penetrations and this is one of the most visual ones I have seen. For this effect I will give it a 10 out of 10 . Well done.

Gimmick: The gimmick for this effect is very well made and easy to use. From the video you can see that the gimmick is very durable and easy to make. Gimmick is a 10 out of 10.

Skill Level: This effect is very fun to perform , but you are not going to get it down in one day. You will probably need a couple of weeks of practice to get this effect down very smoothly . I suggest practicing with all kinds of objects so you are prepared to do this effect with any object . The skill level from 1-10 is about a 6 .
6 being in the medium level.

Bottles: For this effect you can use all sorts of bottles , I suggest using plastic bottles .

Handling : The handling for this effect is pretty easy to master since chris gives great tips and easy to follow directions. I really like the handling a lot and it flows very well for this effect . Smart handling!

Impromptu version : The impromptu version is basically the same as the gimmicked version except that their is no gimmick and its slightly harder then the gimmicked version. The impromptu version is really nice and the skill level is about the same as the gimmicked version. For the impromptu version I will give it a 9 out of 10. well done.

Buy: You can buy this effect at papercrane magic.http://papercranemagic.com/consumed.htm
Videos: You can find the videos of Chris at the papercrane blog , I'm sure all of you will like the first video lol. http://papercranemagic.com/blog/
www.christopherwiehl.com
www.syracusemagic.com
Nechto
View Profile
Special user
UK
866 Posts

Profile of Nechto
And all certainly will be consumed if that woman has anything to do with it!!
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1905 Posts

Profile of ted french
Terrific.
P3
practice practice perform.
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
Okay, here is my review. I'll try to address some misconceptions first. No, you cannot use just any plastic bottle. You can if you use the impromptu version that doesn't require a gimmick, but for the version you see in the demo you cannot just use any borrowed bottle. This isn't a problem though, nor does it take anything away from the effect.

You are taught everything about the effect, but practice is required to get the handlings down pat.

I see this effect working in many different venues, even the stage, but I believe this is most visual up close.

It is a very nice take on coin in bottle with the option of using anything you can get into the bottle. I honestly like this effect. It's practical, and creative. You can perform it surrounded, and there is no set up time. You could repeat it over and over again, but don't! Smile

Yes you can make your own gimmick, which will give you more options on what kind of bottles to use.

Over-all, I really like this effect. I will use it it various situations as there are no bad angles to it.
"If you're going to walk in the rain, don't complain about getting wet!"
taller8
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, Washington
1077 Posts

Profile of taller8
Is the female reaction a guarantee? If it is, I'm in.

This looks great.
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1905 Posts

Profile of ted french
The crotch grab you see in the video is very common but it is not guaranteed(we have to say that for legal reasons)
P3
practice practice perform.
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
In regards to not being able to use any bottle. If you do wish to use any bottle some prep work is needed first in the set up department. It's not difficult to do, and only requires a few minutes to get a few gimmicks made up.

Chris was kind enough to let me know that you could even set up a few different gimmicks and be able to use someone elses bottle, which is something I should of mentioned because you could literally walk up to someone who has a bottle you are prepped for and do this effect and end cleanly, giving everything back for full examination. Chris does a great job teaching a few other variations, including one that doesn't require a gimmick at all. The moves are not as smooth, but it's performable. Chris also gives some nice advice when things might not go completely your way, (no fault of the gimmick) and gives you a very workable out.

When I said that you can't just use any plastic bottle, I was looking at it from not being able to use any bottle that you do not have a gimmick made up for. However, making the gimmick isn't too hard, so you could make one up of every bottle brand if you wanted. Smile

I'm putting a gimmick together today. I've been playing with the moves. Coin into bottle seems to be the easiest for me right now. I'm having a few difficulties with a sharpie but that's me trying to get things right which takes a little practice. Some people may need less practice though. Smile

I like this eefect, and I find it worth investing the time to get the moves down pat before showing it off, but I can't wait to take it out for a drive.
"If you're going to walk in the rain, don't complain about getting wet!"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Paper Crane Magic Presents: "And All Will Be Consumed" by Chris Wiehl (19 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL