The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Paper Crane Magic Presents: "And All Will Be Consumed" by Chris Wiehl (19 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
chriswiehl
View Profile
Veteran user
372 Posts

Profile of chriswiehl
Hey John,
I do not believe that it is still available as a download since the dvds are finished and shipping.
www.christopherwiehl.com
www.syracusemagic.com
Syracuse Magician Christopher Wiehl.
johncarico
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of johncarico
Thx Chris for the quick response. I am looking forward to picking this up soon. -john
rpierce
View Profile
Inner circle
New Hampshire - USA
1220 Posts

Profile of rpierce
Is the video unedited?
chriswiehl
View Profile
Veteran user
372 Posts

Profile of chriswiehl
Rpierce. the video is edited as most videos are. do you mean the trailer? it is edited to a point but what you see is what the audience sees. it does not show the whole routine unfortunately as it clarifies what it looks like as a whole piece. if you have any questions just ask me!
www.christopherwiehl.com
www.syracusemagic.com
killermagic80
View Profile
Loyal user
231 Posts

Profile of killermagic80
Any reviews of real world performances??
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11911 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Going to break my bank Chris, slow down putting stuff out! Smile
acortest
View Profile
Regular user
137 Posts

Profile of acortest
If anyone reading this thread owns Dan Hauss' 'Rattled', I wonder if this works similar to the way the 'Rattled' gimmick works (only larger). Also, wondering if this only works with the large, orange Gatorade-type lid? That's all I see used in the demo video. Or, it could be because the mouth of Gatorade bottles are larger than typical water-type bottles.
Ron Crumley
View Profile
Elite user
1950 - 2012
448 Posts

Profile of Ron Crumley
While I don't own this effect, yet, I want to believe that the move used here is easier than the one required for Sankey's Leaving Home.
killermagic80
View Profile
Loyal user
231 Posts

Profile of killermagic80
Has anyone performed it?
sabitu
View Profile
Special user
USA
533 Posts

Profile of sabitu
Quote:
On 2011-07-29 13:59, killermagic80 wrote:
Has anyone performed it?

Yes, now stop asking. Smile
killermagic80
View Profile
Loyal user
231 Posts

Profile of killermagic80
Quote:
On 2011-07-29 15:55, sabitu wrote:
Quote:
Has anyone performed it?

why????? that's the whole point of the thread. to get feedback from real world performances
sabitu
View Profile
Special user
USA
533 Posts

Profile of sabitu
Quote:
On 2011-07-29 19:57, killermagic80 wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-07-29 15:55, sabitu wrote:
Quote:
Has anyone performed it?

why????? that's the whole point of the thread. to get feedback from real world performances

Well since you're persistent I guess I'll chime in Smile. I have performed this several times and it does get a great reaction. I use the impromptu method and perform the coin in bottle.

A couple people I showed this to have seen me do other coin in bottle effects and this one completely fooled them. The signed coin that was just in your hand ends up inside a capped bottle in the blink of an eye. It's a very clean method to achieve the coin in bottle effect.
chriswiehl
View Profile
Veteran user
372 Posts

Profile of chriswiehl
I would chime in, but its my effect so you may think I'm biased. I have done bullet, which is one of the latest coin in bottle effects and I have done infusion and others, but this is the best for the bang. if I had to choose any coin in bottle this would be it. even if they do question the method or how you did it you just say how can that be? and they will be speechless because the only method they can think of is gone. this does take practice but on the dvd there are versions that take less practice and there is also a very nice out included. you can perform this as a single coin in bottle, or do the pen also which will blow them away! I understand that this is mine, but this is all I can say. I use this over any coin in bottle and the impromptu version is fantastic if you are in a situation and a bottle is around. its very practical and reset-able. if you have any questions just ask like always Smile
www.christopherwiehl.com
www.syracusemagic.com
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
I have had the effect for about a week I suppose. I am still practicing the move needed. It's not extremely difficult but it does take a little getting used to. I don't want to start performing this right away even though I can't wait to start performing this because I want to give the effect the respect it deserves. I want to make sure I have everything down pat before taking any chances.

As soon as I perform it for real people I will post my thoughts.
"If you're going to walk in the rain, don't complain about getting wet!"
brandon90
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta
556 Posts

Profile of brandon90
I just purchased this, and I am really looking forward too it!
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
I have the moves down pat. They were never really complicated to learn, but for me it took a little time because I wanted to have it down good enough that I can do it flawlessly. I performed it first on my wife. Penetrated the coin, then the sharpie, then a lighter, and then an exacto knife. She was absolutely astonished. Seriously no joke, she was totally amazed.

later I had a chance to perform it on my neigbours. They were literally floored.

Going back to my wife, Bonnie. She has seen me perform three versions of "coin in bottle effects" I've learned, but she said this is the most visually shocking version I need to do all the time. I think she is absolutely right!

Anything that can fit into the bottle can be used. You can also use a regualr size pop bottle, but keep in mind that objects must be able to fit into the bottle.
"If you're going to walk in the rain, don't complain about getting wet!"
Luke Dancy
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas
909 Posts

Profile of Luke Dancy
I had a chance to review this last night during the Magic Marketplace show http://themagicsession.com/featured/magi......08-07-11 and here are a few of my thoughts from the review.

Pros:
- At the end everything is examinable. This is a huge selling point because people DO want to check things out.
- The method here isn't tough but will take some practice to get down. Chris goes over everything you need to know so don't sweat it.
- Chris also includes a section of 'Outs' for when things just don't go quite right.

Cons:
- If you want to do this with other bottles you need to be prepared with additional gimmicks. This isn't too bad though because Chris also includes an impromptu version of this effect when you aren't quite prepared.

Overall:
This is a strong commercial piece of magic that will totally catch your spectators off guard. Putting the coin in bottle may look familiar to them but when you put the pen inside...watch out! Great stuff from a name I'm sure we'll be hearing a lot more of.
chriswiehl
View Profile
Veteran user
372 Posts

Profile of chriswiehl
Hey dan! Glad you like it!and it looks like the practice payed off! Smile It is one of those effects that leave your spectator speechless. I hope you get years of use out of this Smile. Thanks. Christopher
www.christopherwiehl.com
www.syracusemagic.com
Jonathan Fetzer
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Fetzer
Just saw this trick today and I did a double take when I saw it, not just because it's a good trick, but because I came up with the same idea about 6 months ago. I was planning on putting this on a multi-effect DVD some day. Oh well, I'll cross that one off the list. Looks like you did a great job with this one though Chris, I like your little bit about accidentally making the marker penetrate, that looks like a great follow up to the coin in bottle.

This trick can be a !@#$% to get down, but I have a variation that makes it super easy. For those of you who bought the trick, if you have trouble, you can count to three: 1. tap the coin, 2. tap your closed fist with the coin in it, 3. open your hand and tap the coin, and it will penetrate every time. Hopefully that will make sense to those who already know the trick. It probably won't at first, but think about it, and remember the Erdnase quote about timing.

Anyways, good luck Chris, I hope the trick sells well, I think people will like it, it's a really practical, and visual effect. I haven't seen the DVD, but from the trailer, it looks like you're sharing some nice ideas on there about presentation and routining as well, so it looks to me like a good value for those who may be interested in this kind of effect.

Best wishes,
- J. F.
chriswiehl
View Profile
Veteran user
372 Posts

Profile of chriswiehl
Hey Jonathan! sorry about taking the idea haha. and I do include a version on the dvd that is just like what you are saying. not sure if its exactly the same but this trick does take practice and persistence so we put a chance free method on here also which looks just as great as you describe it! I would love to talk to you about it and share some ideas!
www.christopherwiehl.com
www.syracusemagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Paper Crane Magic Presents: "And All Will Be Consumed" by Chris Wiehl (19 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL