The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Fan-Tel, the fan that tells your fortune (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Woodfield
View Profile
Special user
739 Posts

Profile of Woodfield
I found one of these fortune-telling games at an antique store for $8. It was missing a few pieces and the instructions. I found a complete set in good shape online for $50. They were made in 1937 so they already have quite a vintage look to them. The set originally sold for $.25.

There are 48 wooden fan blades that have an image engraved on one end. There's a hole at the other end.
You have the sitter remove 14 of these blades and you place them on the metal knob that comes with the set. You then fan them out and do a reading looking at groups of 2 or 3 at a time.

Certainly a unique divination system

http://www.collectorsweekly.com/stories/......ing-game

- Woodfield
Dreadnought
View Profile
Special user
Athens, Georgia
836 Posts

Profile of Dreadnought
That would have been way before my time, but it does look strangely familiar.
Peace

"Ave Maria gratia plena Dominus tecum..."

Scott

Would you do anything for the person you love?
jcroop
View Profile
Special user
745 Posts

Profile of jcroop
These look great.

Chien Tung, Chinese Fortune Sticks are still available. They are thinner and don't look like fan blades, just bamboo sticks. They, too, have a Chninese character and a number. A book comes with the set to read your fortune based upon the numbers chosen. I have seen them for $10-15 retail and $1 at yard sales.

JIM
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Fan-Tel, the fan that tells your fortune (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL