The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » MAD poker routine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
zgecko
View Profile
Elite user
442 Posts

Profile of zgecko
Takeachance,

I understand and generally agree with your point of view! My first contact with Rus's work was his 'Numbers/Numbers Rerun' which I purchased. I thought the routines were excellent, and there were several I believed I would enjoy doing (which I have). Although I have done relatively few posts based on 'review' copies, I can feel the (self-imposed) pressure to make positive comments. In this case, I really like 'Enemy at the Card Table.' It meets my skill-level (or perhaps, 'non-skill' level), has some dramatic punch, and is a routine I can and will use! (PERHAPS THAT'S WHAT I SHOULD HAVE SAID!)

Tom
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
I certainly wasn't critizing your opinion Tom and appreciate your comments and input. The decision to wait to purchase a copy does allow me the luxury of a relaxed read. The pressure to review a free copy is definately self imposed from my behalf. The small price is worth it for me.
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1451 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
Thanks for all the comments guys. Glad you all see the potential in this effect.

This will be complete in a weeks time with a stack of different revelations and effects.

All the best

R
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4540 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
This is certainly a great way to use a certain concept.

I was sent the core method so I came up with my own simple patter and it plays really really strong if you break up the reveal in smaller pieces.

I've performed this around 5 times now and it's something you can always go to, FASDIU.

I'm really excited to see what routines Rus has put along with this, it'll be well worth the money.
StuartNolan
View Profile
Elite user
479 Posts

Profile of StuartNolan
Rus shared the core method of this last week an I spent the weekend trying it out in impromptu settings to some very powerful reactions. To be honest, the first time I did it I was genuinely taken by surprise at how powerful the reaction was.

I'm just about to hop a train to London for a gig and if the moment arises I may try it out in a "post-professional" situation if you get what I mean. If I do I'll report back.

S
"One should always be a little improbable." - Oscar Wilde
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1451 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
Hey Stuart

Go for it, I use this all the time at the moment at all my gigs, it makes for a powerful opener or closer or inbetweener lol.

Let me know how you get on sir

I performed this on a croupier a while back he went mental lol

Enjoy and good luck tonight

Enjoy it

R
Jonathan C
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of Jonathan C
I've also been sent the core method from Rus.

I got a chance to test it out on a few poker buddies tonight... they fell into it hook line and sinker. Great reactions too.
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1451 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
Glad it went well for all that are using this.

The finished ebook will be avaliable very soon.

Thanks for all the reviews as always.

All the best

R
Jason Ketting
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of Jason Ketting
Enemy at the card table

Okay, I was sent a finished copy of Enemy at the card table by Rus ANDREWS this morning and Ive got to admit it was exactly what I would expect from a creative mind like his.

Enemy has a really interesting introduction, which is actually a story of how the idea for this came about, inspirations etc etc.

The Ebook has 6 very clever effects, including the enemy routine which for me is worth the price of the ebook alone as I will be using this a lot.

This also came with a set of photo's that can be used as kickers at the end of a couple of the effects which I thought was a nice touch to the ebook, in other words means I don’t have to sit there taking pictures I can just print these out and place them in my wallet.

ENEMY is the poker routine I have been waiting to learn, I saw this performed a while back at a competition and it floored people, after finding out there were similarites between his and Bob farmers, it seems rus has gone back to the drawing board and come up with a new and Ive got to say SO SIMPLE way of performing this. He has also added a kicker ending which is optional, I do like the kicker ending with the pictures, reminds me a bit of hierloom.

QUARTET is a very nice routine where the spectator thinks of a card, a joker is bought out and torn into four pieces, slowly each piece of the joker visually changes into the thought of selection.

VISUAL MADNESS is a transposition type effect that happens between two spectators, the spectators visually see their card change into the other spectators card, after that revelation they then see the cards transpose back ( this really is mad )
It’s a very bold effect to perform from what I have read but I can see this really hitting hard.

THE CATCH is a sort of bullet catch type routine but done with cards, the spectator holds onto two jokers, a red backed card is signed by the spectator and pushed amongst five blue cards, the spectator is then asked to stand a couple of feet away and when the performer shouts CATCH the spectator acts to catch something, at that moment the visually see a red card appear between their hands and the card from the performer has vanished…. they have caught the selection.
Very commercial routine.

There is also a cool colour change that Rus has added as a bonus that works really well, very simple to perform and happens right in the spectators face, spectator is shown a card, this is placed ontop of the deck and the change happens.

WANTED is another nice effect that uses a one handed tabled switch, I have not got the hang of it just yet but it looks great, I think it appeared in an earlier Ebook of his, not sure which one though.

There are a couple more effects and idea's in this ebook that I have not got around to yet but so far it has been a great read and the effects I will certainly be using.

I was lucky to get this copy as I'm sure a few others will be getting a review copy aswell soon.

Great work Rus, thankyou for the review copy and congratualtions to you and your new wife.

JK
Fingers_Fidge
View Profile
Regular user
England
123 Posts

Profile of Fingers_Fidge
Guys

I was lucky enough to recieve the basic workings of this routine from Russ a few weeks ago. I have used this a few times when the oppotunity has arisen and each time the respones has been very strong. I am sure the finished manuscript will enhance this basic version to a whole new level. Rus is always a creative thinker looking forward the the release Enemy at the card table.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
When is this going to be done? Still not for sale yet.

RNK
Check out Bafflingbob.com
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1451 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
Sorry for the delay, I have a few bits want to add to this, and I'm currently on holiday with the kids.

Upon my return this will be completed and up for sale on my new website.

All the best and apologies for the delay on this.

R
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Rus- what's happening with this? When is it going to be relesed?
BernieBl
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of BernieBl
I was wondering the same as well, I have been watching this thread for a few weeks to see if there was a release.
Rus, could you update us please?
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1451 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
Really sorry for the long delay on this project, I've had to do a lot of research into this.

I will be posting a live demo of enemy tonight so people can get a good look at what the performance looks like and the effect it has on the spectator in a working environment.

All the best

R
magicmerlz
View Profile
Loyal user
241 Posts

Profile of magicmerlz
Quote:
On 2011-09-23 05:31, Rus ANDREWS wrote:
Really sorry for the long delay on this project, I've had to do a lot of research into this.

I will be posting a live demo of enemy tonight so people can get a good look at what the performance looks like and the effect it has on the spectator in a working environment.

All the best

R

Looking forward to it.

Matt
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Rus- Where is the live demo? I checked your website and it's not on there? Are you going to release this?

RNK
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1451 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
Hi

This is almost complete, the demo will be ready shortly, had a few issues with sound sadly due to the busy environments I work in.

R
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1451 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
Hi all

This will be available direct from me in the next 24 hours. I'm currently just adding the finishing touches to this ad it will be complete.

The eBook contains several effects, one of which is the enemy poker routine.

Enemy
Quartet
Envisage
Catch
Taken
Wanted

All of the effects in this eBook I have used and I'm still using to date. I have finished and changed this
Book several times due to changes in presentation etc that I have felt heightens certain effects, so apologies for the delays, I wanted to be completely happy before I released this.

All the best.

R
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
OK- it's been 24 hours and still nothing on the site? Any update with this?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » MAD poker routine (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL