The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Tonight's P&T (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10
Martin.Lester
View Profile
Inner circle
1015 Posts

Profile of Martin.Lester
Quote:
On 2011-07-20 10:55, Martin.Lester wrote:
Shrubsole

All I was saying your "Friends" might have been mistaken and went to another TV Show

No need to get so upset!
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3517 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Quote:
On 2011-07-20 10:55, Martin.Lester wrote:
Shrubsole

All I was saying your "Friends" might have been mistaken and went to another TV

No need to get so upset!

You told him he had fantasy freinds and suggested he was outright lying! What did you expect him to do? Give you a round of applause while whistling Dixie!
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Can everyone just calm down and cut the BS? The sniping is getting dull.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Paul Shirley
View Profile
Inner circle
Melbourne, Australia
1206 Posts

Profile of Paul Shirley
Quote:
On 2011-07-17 05:21, Shrubsole wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-07-17 03:56, hypno_mentalist wrote:
just a question - can someone kindly give me some resources where I can find chair routine.. spooky stuff, liked it

I don't think it's comercially available (yet?)

But keep checking the Alakazam website. Smile

But yes, it is a great one! (I'd have to change it though as I'm not carrying around all that food!)

You could always make use of the chips you have on your shoulder Shrub? Then theres the baloney that you seem to have an endless supply of. Theres 2 dishes right there.... Smile

Jokes! Just jokes!
einhorn
View Profile
Regular user
London
190 Posts

Profile of einhorn
Hello MagicCafe I have just read this ongoing thread and been amazed how many comments and posts have been made regarding the routine I performed last week.
Thanks for those of you on here who have said such nice things about my performance and routine.
One thing I think that needs mentioning is that there was NEVER any stooges or P*****w. My reason for NOT choosing the woman in a totally random fashion was well thought out.
Fool Us is not a Magic Show. It is a Game Show and the game/objective is to FOOL P&T. By NOT making the lady random it leaves a possibility in the viewers mind that maybe she WAS a stooge.

Would I perform it like this in a live show? NO. I chose to do so in order that P&T may start their train of though from the wrong place. Once they do that they are doomed to fail as the routine progresses.
Is this the most entertaining routine I perform? NO However the routine I formulated together with the psychology and subtleties was all combined with one thing in mind.....To fool P&T.
Regards
Nick
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5406 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
Quote:
On 2011-07-24 16:22, einhorn wrote:
Hello MagicCafe I have just read this ongoing thread and been amazed how many comments and posts have been made regarding the routine I performed last week.
Thanks for those of you on here who have said such nice things about my performance and routine.
One thing I think that needs mentioning is that there was NEVER any stooges or P*****w. My reason for NOT choosing the woman in a totally random fashion was well thought out.
Fool Us is not a Magic Show. It is a Game Show and the game/objective is to FOOL P&T. By NOT making the lady random it leaves a possibility in the viewers mind that maybe she WAS a stooge.

Would I perform it like this in a live show? NO. I chose to do so in order that P&T may start their train of though from the wrong place. Once they do that they are doomed to fail as the routine progresses.
Is this the most entertaining routine I perform? NO However the routine I formulated together with the psychology and subtleties was all combined with one thing in mind.....To fool P&T.
Regards
Nick

Nicholas, as one of the first being vocal about your routine (which has some similarities to my YOBRAWIHU) I renew my compliments to you.

Well done!

Yours was in my opinion one of the three best routines I saw in the whole series
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
Shrubsole
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
2455 Posts

Profile of Shrubsole
It was a great routine just a shame that bad camera work and a team of anti-magicians exposed the whole workings on a lay forum. Mind you it did take them almost a week to do.
Winner of the Dumbringer Award for total incompetence. (All years)
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5406 Posts

But maybe they are wrong, Shrubsole...
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
Shrubsole
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
2455 Posts

Profile of Shrubsole
Quote:
On 2011-07-24 16:51, Lord Of The Horses wrote:
But maybe they are wrong, Shrubsole...

Of course! Totally wrong!

The screen shot must have been photoshopped as well!
Winner of the Dumbringer Award for total incompetence. (All years)
innercirclewannabe
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1597 Posts

Profile of innercirclewannabe
It was the best effect in my opinion from the whole series thus far.......
Tá sé ach cleas má dhéanann tú sé cuma mhaith ar cheann.
VIEW
View Profile
Special user
687 Posts

Profile of VIEW
Thought it was weird that they used cutaways in the routine. The close up's of the envelope and paper being unfolded were filmed at a different time. they were out of sequence.
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5406 Posts

I loved Penn saying: "If you point a gun to my head and tell me to guess how he did it... I would answer you - Tell my family I love them!"

Priceless!

Having said that... I am almost surprised that - in Penn's own words - with a huge library on Mystery Arts like the one they have, and the combined knowledge they can put together ... they did not even have A CLUE!...

That's for me it's even more mysterious than the actual method that Nicholas may have (or not) used... Smile
glennn
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of glennn
Just my thoughts, but I suspect that the reason Penn & Teller "didn't have a clue" was not because they are unaware of the principle the trick relied upon, but because they are not keen on this principle (at least not used as "boldly") themselves and were therefore looking for a more "elegant" or "beautiful" solution/method. No doubt the technique used in this trick is valid for the purposes of the show - namely "fooling Penn and Teller". Well done to Nick Einhorn for that! It was certainly entertaining for most of the audience!

However, as a method, (and I'm someone who enjoys the craft of magic as much as entertaining people) I think its drawback is that it reveals much of the method/mechanism to (some) audience members. I think DR (especially cleverly crafted DR) is a great tool - but I think the reactions of the three spectators who assisted shows that, while this trick was very effective at entertaining the majority of the audience, it failed to fully entertain/amaze the key participants. Given this, I suspect friends of the participants and the participants themselves will have felt quite disappointed in this trick.

Sure - that may well also be true of many magic tricks when revealed. However, for me, I definitely prefer to use (and watch) tricks that (a) don't inherantly require revealing too much to any of the audience members and (b) still retain some amazement for people even if the secret were revealed (whether at the magician's skill or the cleverness of the method).

On the other hand, I'm not off to Las Vegas!!! Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Tonight's P&T (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL