The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Vanishing Ultimate 3 Fly (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ronnie Ramin
View Profile
Loyal user
233 Posts

Profile of Ronnie Ramin
Earlier this week my house was broken in to, and among the things they stole was my U3Fly.

It saddens me to imagine them looking at the gimmick, shrugging their shoulders and tossing it in the trash.

Words of Wisdom: "Hide your U3Fly!"

Ronnie
thimblerig
View Profile
Loyal user
Bellevue, WA
273 Posts

Profile of thimblerig
Mars,
You might check with local coin shops and pawn shops in the next week or two, or even call them now ahead of time in case the coins turn up. Usually these idiots aren't too bright and they may try to turn in the coins for cash versus just throwing them away. I know it's a long shot that the gimmick would still be there, but you never know.

I feel for you. I once had my car broken into and a purse full of regular and gaffed coins taken. And their sum total didn't cost what U3F costs. Good luck!

tr
Smile
MJ Marrs
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1123 Posts

Profile of MJ Marrs
People work hard to be able to buy something nice for themselves and their family and then some lazy idiot with no conscience comes around and takes it. This makes me sick.

Mars, my heart goes out to you man! When I was in college my most valuable things were my expensive textbooks and my notebooks/lab reports (with hundreds of hours of hard work). When I went inside at night I made sure to remove my backpack from my car just in case some moron wanted to steal my car. This way I wouldn't have four month's of my life's work flushed down the toilet. I had insurance for the car, but having my school stuff stolen, especially since science majors are so competitive and maintaining a good GPA is tough, would have upset me beyond words.

Nowadays I value my magic stuff a lot, since some of it is hard to come by and because of sentimental value. Take the television set, but keep your dirty paws off of my U3F!

I know a guy who had his car broken into while he was at the gym and his close up bag was stolen. This can really throw a monkey wrench into your peace of mind if you're a professional and supporting your family by performing. Among other things, he had his U3F, a nice set of cups, and a custom made wand in his bag.

Anyways, practice your card tricks while you save up your dough to get another U3F. Good Luck! Smile
Micheal Leath
View Profile
Inner circle
1048 Posts

Profile of Micheal Leath
What reason is there to steal anything?
Schaden
View Profile
Inner circle
Purgatory
1253 Posts

Profile of Schaden
Well... the home break in is different and they have no excuse. The purse on the seat of the car is a “break-in waiting to happen.” Still no excuse but, don't let them see it.

Lee
WilliamWHolcomb
View Profile
Special user
Twinsburg, Ohio
533 Posts

Profile of WilliamWHolcomb
Mars,

Sorry about your loss. Sent you a PM.
William Holcomb
Ronnie Ramin
View Profile
Loyal user
233 Posts

Profile of Ronnie Ramin
I appreciate the sympathy.

Nothing was in plain site. It was in my house.

I figure I'll make a run to the coin stores and pawnshops next weekend.

A word to the wise: don't lock your magic up. They rifled through my briefcases, and only took my U3F, but stole the lock box (that they couldn't open) containing only Birth certificates and the like. If I had left it unlocked they would have left it too.

Thanks Ronnie
John Born
View Profile
Veteran user
390 Posts

Profile of John Born
Mars - That totally stinks! I'm sorry man.

The only thing magic related that has been stolen from me is the "Merlin ain't got **** on me" t-shirt. Perhaps the Big Guy upstairs is trying to tell me something about my poor taste. Smile
thimblerig
View Profile
Loyal user
Bellevue, WA
273 Posts

Profile of thimblerig
Quote:
On 2003-08-23 22:36, pyro_magic wrote:
Quote:
On 2003-08-23 22:33, Micheal Leath wrote:
What reason is there to steal anything?

Well... the home break in is different and they have no excuse. The purse on the seat of the car is a 'break-in waiting to happen'. Still no excuse but, don't let them see it.

Lee

Uh, if you were referring to me, the small coin purse was in the closed compartment between the seats and the car was in my carport, locked. They couldn't get the stereo out although they damaged it, and took whatever else they could, including my gimmicked coins. There was no tempting anyone, it was blatant theft on my property and, frankly, if people WERE honest, I should have been able to leave $100.00 bills on the dashboard and had no problem. I still think they and anyone else who does such things are basically scum, but who knows, I could be wrong. Maybe they're saints in disguise.
tr
Smile
Brian Haagen
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of Brian Haagen
Sorry to sound incredibly stupid, but what exactly is a U3F and how much do they cost? Where do you get them? Sorry, I’m not a coin guy quite yet ... just curious.
thimblerig
View Profile
Loyal user
Bellevue, WA
273 Posts

Profile of thimblerig
Hi Brian,
Not a problem at all. U3F is the abbreviation for Ultimate 3 Fly, a marketed coin effect by Bob Kohler, which involves a gimmicked coin. The effect is a fingertips coins across, i.e. a more or less palms up, in your face 3 coins across routine. It is patterned after the <non-gimmicked all sleight> effect 3 Fly originated by Jonathan Townsend under another name and modified and popularized by Chris Kenner. The item will run you about $315.00 new from Bob although you can pick up just the coins now for $160.00 from Todd Lassen on eBay or perhaps by direct email. From Bob you also get a videotape explaining the whole routine very nicely. I would not recommend this routine for a beginner and would not recommend going out and buying the coins alone without some knowledge and experience in coin magic.

That is some consolation, though, Ronnie. If you don't get the coins back at least you're no longer out the cost of the whole setup... it's an ill wind...

Cordially,
tr
Smile
Andy H
View Profile
Regular user
London
106 Posts

Profile of Andy H
While practicing in my house with a friend, we had all our gimmicks out and decks of cards, along with coins, markers, bands etc. I could just picture the scene if a burglar came in while we were out to find all that on the floor, we expected him to run after saying something like "These freaks, what are they doing with JUMBO half dollars in ENGLAND?!?!". Also we imagined walking down the road, laden with magic and being mugged, they would run off arms full of **** and probably return it next day, confused.
It is weird how someone would break into your house AND steal U3F, to them surely it is just change?
Paul Harris: My Astonishing Hero
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Vanishing Ultimate 3 Fly (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL