The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Idea For an effect (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicman29
View Profile
Inner circle
hertfordshire
1245 Posts

Profile of magicman29
Hi Guys,
For the last 2 weeks I've been trying to come up with a trick of my own, here's what it looks like...the performer takes a deck of cards out of the box and removes the 2 jokers and places the deck on the table.he then by demonstrating cuts to any card and shows the 10 of hearts and tells the spec to cut anywhere in the deck and to look at their card and to replace the cut back on the deck.the performer then tells the spec to be silent while he tries to read the spec and find out what card the spec cut to and then names the card.the performer then looks though the deck to find the location of the card and then spreads the deck out face down.he then tells the spec that he will now transfer the thought of the location of the card.three spec is told to close his eyes and visualize the deck face up and to point out to any card thus revealing their card....what do ye guys think?
magicman29
View Profile
Inner circle
hertfordshire
1245 Posts

Profile of magicman29
I Have tried this effect on a few people and they were blown away by it!
Paul Shirley
View Profile
Inner circle
Melbourne, Australia
1206 Posts

Profile of Paul Shirley
Hey mate,

Im not sure I understand... It may be just me though, Im a bit slow on the uptake at times.

I would however suggest that you don't ask them to close their eyes. Regardless of what goes on while their eyes are closed, they will assume you are up to some funny business,
I found this out with an effect of mine that also required the spec to close their eyes... and got "What did you do while my eyes were closed?" many times.

Now, I ask the spec to stare at the palm of my hand and visualise. Works a treat.
magicman29
View Profile
Inner circle
hertfordshire
1245 Posts

Profile of magicman29
Hey Paul, thanks for the reply.i will make a video of it and post a link to it
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Idea For an effect (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL