The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Hitting head on desk ... someone please stop me (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2439 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
Am I an idiot, or just a prissy academic? (Don't answer that, I don't wanna know).

I had hoped for a depiction of a real town, or at least a believable one, in this past week's episode of the series THE GLADES titled "Gibtown". "The circus comes to town when Longworth and the FLDE investigate a murder in Gibtown. A community populated by decendants of human sideshow oddities, Gibtown is full of interesting characters who are all suspects." So of course I had to watch it.

Pony rides and ice-cream carts on the lawns. Open tour buses like those at Universal Studios gliding through the newly-paved, manicured streets of Gibtown, the tour guides on microphones pointing out the huge Victorian house "where the Human Blockhead lived and where his descendants live today." (Huh?) And where "Percy the Monkey Boy played on those monkey bars in the park." And don't forget the family-friendly outdoor Café with souvenir shop. (WTF?) That's just in the first 1:00. I didn't stick around for 1:01 through 59:59.

I don't expect historical accuracy, just a writer who does even a little of his homework. [*Sigh*]
petekoloz
View Profile
Elite user
479 Posts

Profile of petekoloz
petekoloz
View Profile
Elite user
479 Posts

Profile of petekoloz
OK.
I watched the whole thing.
I feel exploited.
handa
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, PA
1348 Posts

Profile of handa
I'm sure that watching The Enigma in the Gibtown episode of The X-Files will make you feel a little better...
Doctor Mythsonian
View Profile
New user
93 Posts

Profile of Doctor Mythsonian
"...and, there goes my tiiiiip!"

Also, my breakfast. I want my 1:11 back.
petekoloz
View Profile
Elite user
479 Posts

Profile of petekoloz
Aww,you guys gotta watch the whole thing or you won't see the mule faced woman or the freak museum or the most valuable freak curio in the whole world!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Hitting head on desk ... someone please stop me (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL