We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Been away, but popping in for a moment to make a few comments (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
WDavis
View Profile
Inner circle
1273 Posts

Profile of WDavis
Hey guys,
I've been busy here and haven't been as active as in the past, but wanted to say hello to you all and let you all know I am still around albeit not actively posting as much as before.

One of the projects that will be finished soon is "Snake Charmer" an ink swami design that fixes many of the problems of the ink writer. This has been used by me in various forms for a while (one member here saw almost all of the stages that this project went through) and is now in its final form. I have sent out preview copies to quite a few of you and have received wonderful feedback and thoughts that have been incorporated and credited in the final design.

I would like to also like to make mention of a few wonderful items that have come to market and some haven't received as much attention as they should.

First was Paul Carnazzo's Carnage, I had this ebook for a bit and have been working with some of the material from it. Granted this work has received quite a bit of praise here, for good reason, there is quality material for the performer who needs close up material. Well written and explained.

The second was Bill Montana's Glisk, a shiner made out of a coin, this little device is wonderfully made and has even received mention by John Riggs in some of his work. The quality of the production and the simple fact everyone carries change on them, makes this item a perfect item for the mentalist on the go.

Finally, I see a lot of new faces here asking questions on DVDs and books and situations that arise as one learns this wonderful art.

Many of you all have already said to others to buy Bob Cassidy's Fundamental's and I am just adding to that list of praise for his work. So many of the questions brought up about being new to mentalism are answered in this work that it is FUNDAMENTAL that a performer whether professional or amateur should read this work more than once.

As for books to read in general, I would suggest instead that slowing down on your reading and increasing the processing and application of the material read. I like many of you all have been guilty of powering through books. (I've been guilty of at one time on a plane trip to Japan from San Diego of reading cover to cover Hillard's Greater Magic)

but the real lesson with DVDs and books isn't how well read or watched one is , but how well applied the material read or watched is. So take your time and enjoy the journey of learning material, whether it is mentalism or mental magic that you perform, success or failure learn and grow from your experiences!

my best,
Walter
JohnWells
View Profile
Inner circle
The Southern Wild
1791 Posts

Profile of JohnWells
Walter, glad you're here. (The swami ink writer is excellent.)
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4355 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Self control is one of the hardest things. I think if I focused on 9 or so things, I could have a little show for myself. There are so many distractions, new releases and whatnot.
Welcome back!
WDavis
View Profile
Inner circle
1273 Posts

Profile of WDavis
John,
thank you for your comment on the snake charmer.

Blindside,
thanks!
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Walter's writer is the first I've seen that overcomes most of the objections I have to using an ink NW.
Really a bit of ingenious thinking.

Best-

Bob
WDavis
View Profile
Inner circle
1273 Posts

Profile of WDavis
Bob,
thank you for your compliment on the snake charmer, ink swami. Your criticisms of ink writers were the reason I endeavored to create it.

for those curious the ink writer will become available later tonight. I will post a link then for you all.

my best,
Walter
WDavis
View Profile
Inner circle
1273 Posts

Profile of WDavis
Hey guys/gals,
I said I would post the link tonight when live, I was a bit caught up today more than I wanted to and so the link will not be live until mid day tomorrow. Thanks everyone for your interest.
Walter

MentalistCreationLab
View Profile
Inner circle
1527 Posts

Profile of MentalistCreationLab
Wow that cover looks great. I would say more but the shop is now at a new high of 112 degrees and I am out of here. Thanks by the way for sending over a copy of the Snake Charmer I really like this new work.

PS glad you like the Glisk.

Cheers
WDavis
View Profile
Inner circle
1273 Posts

Profile of WDavis
The Snake Charmer link is now active, thanks again everyone!

http://www.mentaltek.com/the-snake-charmer.html
gmeister
View Profile
Inner circle
1580 Posts

Profile of gmeister
The simple fact that Walter created The Snake Charmer pretty much assures that you can buy it without waiting for reviews. It will be excellent.
WDavis
View Profile
Inner circle
1273 Posts

Profile of WDavis
Gary,
thank you very much for such support, I am truly humbled.

and feeling generous,

I will send this work out to 5 individuals who can answer a simple question or riddle, 1 ? for each copy.

1. I have roads that no one travels, I have cities but no people, what am I?

2. long neck no hands 10000 legs but cannot stand, so against a wall I rest, what am i?

3. whats in my pocket?

4. how do I read a billet?

5. describe my faro?

please post your answers here, all answers are simple short, and exposure free

thanks for playing!
Walter
quicknotist
View Profile
Special user
888 Posts

Profile of quicknotist
1. An Atlas?
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
#3) Lint
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
alemanzano
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of alemanzano
2. A Broom
gmeister
View Profile
Inner circle
1580 Posts

Profile of gmeister
#3--The Monkey Wallet is in your pocket.
WDavis
View Profile
Inner circle
1273 Posts

Profile of WDavis
Questions 1 2 3 are answered correctly

quicknotist
alemanzo
gmeister

answered correctly Smile please pm me your emails

2 more to go and what I consider are the easiest questions.

thanks for playing guys
Walter
Kurundur
View Profile
New user
Switzerland
54 Posts

Profile of Kurundur
Darn, too late xD
"“Who was the first guy that look at a cow and said," I think that I'll drink whatever comes out of those things when I squeeze them?”" - Calvin & Hobbes
Bastien
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of Bastien
4) With your eyes.
Kurundur
View Profile
New user
Switzerland
54 Posts

Profile of Kurundur
5. perfect
"“Who was the first guy that look at a cow and said," I think that I'll drink whatever comes out of those things when I squeeze them?”" - Calvin & Hobbes
WDavis
View Profile
Inner circle
1273 Posts

Profile of WDavis
#4 was answered correctly Smile
question 5 still available

good luck guys
Walter
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Been away, but popping in for a moment to make a few comments (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL