The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Society of American Magicians! » » IBM/SAM Combined Convention 2014 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Craig Dickson
View Profile
Veteran user
Pleasant Valley, NY
353 Posts

Profile of Craig Dickson
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

I.B.M. and S.A.M. TO HOLD JOINT CONVENTION IN 2014

The International Brotherhood of Magicians and the Society of American Magicians have announced a unanimous agreement to hold a joint convention in St. Louis, Missouri on July 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 2014.
Following the success of the North American Championships of Magic recently held in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, the two organizations also will host the 2nd FISM North American Championship of Magic concurrently with the joint convention.
Venue for the five day event will be the 1075 room Renaissance St. Louis Grand Hotel, with 55,000 square feet of meeting space, located six blocks from the Gateway Arch and adjacent to two theaters under consideration for shows and contests.
The name of the convention will be the IBM/SAM 2014 Combined Convention. The steering committee has named Shawn Farquhar and Mark Weidhaas as co-chairs of the convention.
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
I missed the last joint one, wouldn't want to make that same mistake again Smile
Richard L.
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of Richard L.
This sounds like its gonna be great!
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I think the joint is a good idea but I can't believe that they are still making this a weeklong convention. It is going to cost people a bundle just on hotel and parking (since most hotels are now charging for the parking). I just don't see why this could not be done in a four day convnetion. It was just done in Pittsburgh that way.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Intrepid
View Profile
Inner circle
Silver Spring, MD
1183 Posts

Profile of Intrepid
That sounds like a fantastic plan.
Bob
Hansel
View Profile
Inner circle
Puerto Rico
2492 Posts

Profile of Hansel
Richard:
I think is all about the competitions, because the 2008 SAM/IBM have ALL the stuff of a regular 4 day convention except LOTS of competition acts (Close Up and Stage). I plan to attend the 2014 combined convention again and hope you do too Richard! You are such a nice guy and be missed!!!!
Your friend,
-Hansel !
Follow Me...
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Hansels-Comedy-and-Magic-Show-929625643774678/
Youtube: HanselSP
Twitter: @HanselSP
Instagram: HanselSP
SmittyWitty
View Profile
Veteran user
Fairhaven, MA
325 Posts

Profile of SmittyWitty
Looking forward to this. I went to Louisville in 2008. Yes - it's drawn out, but it lets you take a break and not get all "magic'd out". I sort of liked walking the city streets during the afternoon without worrying about what lecture I'm missing. Just my opinion.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Hansel, I may attend but it just that the expenses out of pocket make it harder to justify going as a dealer. I just finished SAM in Pittsburgh. It was close to home and I cut one day off the room by driving home the last night. Still when it is all said and done, the profits (if any) are minimal for it. I enjoy meeting and talking with people. But I know many dealers that have opted out of the big national conventions because the costs are just too high. This is a business for me and I have to treat it as such.

As for hurrying to lectures and such, I agree time to visit with friends is the prime reason to go to these conventions. I realize that as a dealer and having attended many shows and lectures I have a little different perspective.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
This location would be lots better for me as I live near Kansas City.

I am a member of the I.B.M. Does that allow me to come to the combined event?

Harris aka Dr Laugh
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
Craig Dickson
View Profile
Veteran user
Pleasant Valley, NY
353 Posts

Profile of Craig Dickson
Harris

Memebership in either will get you the member Rate, but anyone can come.
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1987 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
I went to the last one will be going to this
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1987 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Any Further info on this ?
weidhaas
View Profile
Loyal user
271 Posts

Profile of weidhaas
News release and ads will be coming out in January!

Mark Weidhaas, co-chair
ScottLeavitt
View Profile
Special user
730 Posts

Profile of ScottLeavitt
Any idea on when updates will be out on Schedule and Performers?
sly2272
View Profile
Loyal user
256 Posts

Profile of sly2272
Are those the dates for sure.
weidhaas
View Profile
Loyal user
271 Posts

Profile of weidhaas
Happy Holidays from the I.B.M. / S.A.M. 2014 Combined Convention Team!

Just a quick reminder for those planning to go to the 2014 Convention that have not yet registered for the event. The registration fee will increase from $395 to $495 on January 1, 2014! Don’t hesitate – REGISTER TODAY!

The 2014 Convention will be held in St. Louis, MO from July 1 through July 5. The host hotel is the Renaissance St. Louis Grand Hotel located at 800 Washington Avenue. Room rates are $115/night single or double plus applicable taxes. This rate is applicable three days prior and post convention (based on availability) if you plan to stay and make it a vacation. You can reserve your room by clicking on this link https://resweb.passkey.com/Resweb.do?mode=welcome_ei_new&eventID=10723061, going to the convention website – IBMSAM.Com –, or by calling the hotel at 1-888-236- 2427 (be sure to tell them you are with the I.B.M./S.A.M. Combined Convention to get the convention rate).

Thinking about competing at the convention? You can enter one, two or all three contests! The I.B.M. and S.A.M. will be holding their annual stage and close-up contests with cash awards totaling over $30,000. If you are a member of both organizations, your act will be considered for the awards being given by both organizations. In addition, the Combined Convention will be the host for the North American FISM Championships. Entry slots available to North America for the 2015 FISM World Championships of Magic in Rimini, Italy will be awarded to the TOP North American residents with a score of 80 or better. This is the ONLY way for a North American magician to compete at the 2015 FISM. For more information on all three contests and to register for the contests, go to the Combined Convention website - http://ibmsam.com/contests-temp/.

Following on the successful presentation of the Lance Burton Teen Seminar in Phoenix, the Combined Convention will present the Lance Burton Young Magicians Seminar on June 29-30. This event is being sponsored by the I.B.M. and S.Y.M. and is open to all young magicians between the ages of 7-19. We are planning two different tracts – one for magicians 7-12 and the other for the 13-19 year olds. This is the MUST ATTEND event for young magicians!

Along with the outstanding competitions taking place in St. Louis, there will be lectures and evening shows presented by top magicians from around the world. Enjoy performances and lectures by our team of Family Entertainers, The Fat Brothers, The Magic of Germany AND The Magic of Korea. These events include top artists such as Danny Orleans, Dani D’Ortiz, Miguel Angel Gea, Christian Engblom, Timo Marc, Gaston, Lukas, Yu Ho-Jin, Henry Evans, Shawn Farquhar and Xavier Mortimer to name a few. (Note: Acts are subject to change without notice.)

Interested in being a Dealer at the Combined Convention – check with our Dealer Chairman, Obie O’Brien to see if there any spaces open. Send an email to dealers@ibmsam.com.

As you can see, the 2014 Combined Convention will be an EPIC event!

Meet Us in St. Louis where IT’S ALL ABOUT THE MAGIC!

Happy Holidays!

I.B.M./S.A.M. Combined Convention Team!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Society of American Magicians! » » IBM/SAM Combined Convention 2014 (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL