The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Oslo (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2011-08-10 12:04, critter wrote:
I have little doubt he will end up with the prison groupies. High profile crime, good looking dude...
Prison groupies freak me out. I am curious what his psychological profile would have to say.

Prison groupies' psychological profiles might be more interesting.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
True...
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
ursusminor
View Profile
Elite user
Norway
443 Posts

Profile of ursusminor
Quote:
On 2011-08-10 12:08, Pakar Ilusi wrote:
At the very least, he should serve 21 years for EACH LIFE HE TOOK.

Do the math, way better sentence imo.

Agreed...

But that's not the way it's done here.
The norwegian criminal code is not "calibrated" for this sort of crime, unfortunately.

As a matter of fact, nothing this horrible has EVER happened in Norway in modern times, not in peacetime anyway. And our laws reflect that.

Bjørn
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them
pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing happened."
- Winston Churchill"
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
On 2011-08-10 18:06, LobowolfXXX wrote:
Quote:
I have little doubt he will end up with the prison groupies. High profile crime, good looking dude...
Prison groupies freak me out. I am curious what his psychological profile would have to say.

Prison groupies' psychological profiles might be more interesting.

Yes, I'd love to see what research has been done on this. I always found it fascinating that millions of guys would be stuck without a date on Saturday night while Ted Bundy was getting stacks of mail. Hey critter--there's your dissertation topic!
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
I just wrote my forensic psych prof to see if she knows of any research. Will keep posted if I hear anything. She might be on vacation right now.
~Will Rogers
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
IIRC, Bundy's wife thought he was innocent right up until shortly before his execution, when after an appeal was denied, he told her to tell the lawyer he'd give up the locations of more bodies they didn't know about in exchange for a commutation.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
Well my old prof (who has shiploads of experience in the field) is not aware of any research on prison groupies.
This is intriguing. If I could figure out a good research question and how to explain why it should matter to anybody else I may have some fun research to do.
~Will Rogers
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Quote:
On 2011-08-12 20:08, critter wrote:

If I could figure out a good research question and how to explain why it should matter to anybody else I may have some fun research to do.

How can it not matter?

Any time it's about human sexual attraction, aberration or not, it matters a lot to the understanding of the propagation of our species. In a small way at least.

I think it's a worthwhile study critter, imho... Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Quote:
On 2011-08-12 20:08, critter wrote:
If I could figure out a good research question and how to explain why it should matter to anybody else I may have some fun research to do.

I really don't know where you got the idea that research has to matter to anyone else. Do you have the slightest idea what goes on in literature departments these days? Smile

At any rate, I do think that this sort of research would be very interesting, and would bet that it has already been done and your prof just doesn't know about it. But if it hasn't been done, it's doctoral level stuff. Quit talking about it in the Internet, or someone will steal the idea. Instead, jump on it. And yes, I'm quite serious. Get started as soon as you read this post. You don't have to have your question yet. To get started you just need to make a plan, and your professors can help you do that. I'm no sociologist, so I can't help. I don't know the methodology. But the best research ideas are not ideas that researchers invent to get degrees and grants. The best research ideas come from authentic human curiosity. Go and become the world's expert on this subject, and you're almost guaranteed to be on Oprah some day. Jump on it!
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
Thanks. I plan to. Smile
~Will Rogers
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Too bad Oprah show ended! :/
ursusminor
View Profile
Elite user
Norway
443 Posts

Profile of ursusminor
Quote:

He's been recieving tons of "love-letters" from all over the world.
Too bad he's not allowed to read them, yet.
There is some really "interresting" people out there...

Bjørn
- Winston Churchill"
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Bjørn, how is the mood there these days? Is the story still something in the daily press?
ursusminor
View Profile
Elite user
Norway
443 Posts

Profile of ursusminor
Quote:
On 2011-08-29 06:03, stoneunhinged wrote:
Bjørn, how is the mood there these days? Is the story still something in the daily press?

It has simmered down a great deal. There are an item or two in the papers most days, but there is no real news.
He's being kept in isolation and questioned, so there are not really any news.
The case probably won't come up in court until sometime next year, and then the circus will start again.
And I mean circus - He wanted to appear in court in his "uniform" and later in white tie & tails.
This is a REAL nutcase...
- Winston Churchill"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Oslo (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL