We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Johnson Hopping Halves (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jcvelbar
View Profile
New user
South Florida
50 Posts

Profile of jcvelbar
I've seen the Sterling hopping Halves, and I wasn't impressed with the quality. All my other gaffs are by Johnson, and I think the quality is excellent.

Does anyone know how the quality of the Johnson Hopping Halves is? Specifically, how are the sh***s?

Will the fit over a regular coin, or do they require a milled coin?

Any help appreciated.
Ignore me...
View Profile
Loyal user
230 Posts

Profile of Ignore me...
I work as a demonstrator in a shop, and we ordered the Sterling HH sets, but had to send them back. It was disappointing, as the price was much lower than the Johnson set. I guess the price differential should have tipped us off.

The Johnson set is great, and I personally LOVE the sh****d S/M coin, as it is completely indistinguishable from a regular English penny. The sh*** fit isn't as good as the old Sasco ones (before the old guy died) or the Lassen's, but the quality is the best of the mass market coin stuff.

Usually, the Johnson stuff (like the HH) come with expanded sh***s, so one can use them for regular coins.

Good luck!
Bill Beach
View Profile
Veteran user
Nashville, TN
304 Posts

Profile of Bill Beach
I'm the proud owner of a set of Johnson Hopping Halves and everything fits perfectly. I'm very well satisfied!

Bill Beach
magicday
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of magicday
I'm also very satisified with my Johnson Hopping Halves set.
Kelvin Ng
View Profile
New user
Vancouver BC
68 Posts

Profile of Kelvin Ng
Johnson Hopping halves are definitley a buy! you get two S**ls and a C/S coin as well. Your money's worth is guaranteed here
"We tend to think that magic is all about us, what we do, and how we execute the tricks, when in actuality, it's really about what the spectator witnesses, imagines, and remembers in their minds."

- Wayne Houchin
magicday
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of magicday
Totally agree!!
cutnstuf
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of cutnstuf
Johnson Hopping Halves, as well as their whole line, are definitely top drawer.Great fit and finish. A joy to work with.

ArtS
"...when the rain comes they run and hide their heads..."
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4572 Posts

Profile of Payne
All the Johnson sets I have seen have been very well made and are well worth the investment. I almost bought one but decided, since I work mainly with Morgans, to go with a Lassen Morgan set instead.
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
I have one and its a great deal for the money. Get a c/s coin and toss in a curve showing two of one type in the middle. Like Payne said, silver is the way to go if your full timing.
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
MacGyver
View Profile
Inner circle
St. Louis, MO
1419 Posts

Profile of MacGyver
This is a GREAT SET, my only problem was that the expanded english penny s**** was way too small for all the english penny's I had(I only have like 10), and I had to stretch it out, leaving a noticable gap on the sun and moon coin, but that isn't a big deal because I do more s*** work than the hopping half routine.

I found a perfect fit on the US half S*** right away with 4 other halfs...
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
You can send any defect back to Johnson-they stand by their products!!

Chris
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Dan LeFay
View Profile
Inner circle
Holland
1371 Posts

Profile of Dan LeFay
Two years ago I walked into Hollywood Magic and they had a Johnson Sun & Moon coin in Liberty Half version. I couldn't believe my luck, bought the coin, added an English penny S***l and the Liberty half plus s***l I already owned. There you go, I got a silver Hoppping Half set for about $60!
I noticed they had more liberty stuff from Johnson at that moment...
"Things need not have happened to be true.
Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths,
that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes,
and forgot."
Neil Gaiman
DJ Trix
View Profile
Inner circle
1068 Posts

Profile of DJ Trix
I know you have heard it at least 40 times but Johnson’s coins are the best for the price. I did lose my hopping halves a year ago though.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Johnson Hopping Halves (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL