The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Niece Update! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
Quote:
On 2011-07-30 22:19, LobowolfXXX wrote:
Things may have changed since I looked at it academically, but the twins studies that I was made aware of in school were showing a slight-to-moderate, but clear, trend toward the genetics over the environment.

I remember one twin study that found this which was found to have contained falsified data. Don't know if it's one of the ones you mean.
I can do this better in about a week if you'd like to. I have finals right now.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2011-07-31 00:24, critter wrote:
Quote:
Things may have changed since I looked at it academically, but the twins studies that I was made aware of in school were showing a slight-to-moderate, but clear, trend toward the genetics over the environment.

I remember one twin study that found this which was found to have contained falsified data. Don't know if it's one of the ones you mean.

Definitely...I think it's one of the more interesting aspects of psychology.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
cfrye
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon, USA
940 Posts

Profile of cfrye
My identical twin brother and I were involved in several studies for the Medical College of Virginia, which is affiliated with Virginia Commonwealth University in Richmond. One study we participated in focused on depression and alcoholism -- we were interviewed every five years over the course of 20 years to see how our lives and experiences had changed.

Fun stuff!

Curt
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
Quote:
On 2011-07-31 00:39, LobowolfXXX wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-07-31 00:24, critter wrote:
Quote:

Definitely...I think it's one of the more interesting aspects of psychology.

Cool. I'll look them up after finals is done. Should be next week. Month off. Finally. Getting kind of burnt. Just want to enjoy a little of Summer. Not your problem. Just venting. Could be worse.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Niece Update! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL