The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Policing the bizarre community... (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
LebanonCircle
View Profile
Special user
London, UK
895 Posts

Profile of LebanonCircle
Sorry Freddie, he's actually Italian - his e-mail address ends in 'it', regardless though it's not on!
Diasgemini
View Profile
Regular user
Paris & Portugal
101 Posts

Profile of Diasgemini
Quote:
On 2011-07-23 13:32, Tony Iacoviello wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-07-23 13:10, Lord Freddie wrote:
The Mr T we refer to is a French gentleman.

I'm glad you identified him.

Tony (Not a Frenchman)

A french "Mr T"? T like Thierry Henry?
He was also caught whit the "ball in the hand"!

Click here to view attached image.
www.diasfrancisco.com

Would you give up your hands to fly? That is what the birds have done!
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13150 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
But he doesn't have a mohawk.
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Quote:
On 2011-07-23 14:27, LebanonCircle wrote:
Sorry Freddie, he's actually Italian - his e-mail address ends in 'it', regardless though it's not on!

I am glad you stated this !!! Smile
I'm a Mr.T as well !
I do not get MM yet!

-G
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Stoltz
View Profile
Veteran user
394 Posts

Profile of Stoltz
I anticipate this behavior elsewhere, but down here I expect better.
Here's to hoping you use your infamous "copyright curse" on the offending party.
Intrepid
View Profile
Special user
Silver Spring, MD
979 Posts

Profile of Intrepid
Quote:
On 2011-07-23 14:30, Tony Iacoviello wrote:
But he doesn't have a mohawk.

Insert "I pity the fool" joke here. Smile
Bob
Lord Freddie
View Profile
Inner circle
1093 Posts

Profile of Lord Freddie
Lol! Yes, I have found him on Facebook, he's Italian...
Rather dodgy looking profile pic....
Paul Prater
View Profile
Elite user
North Little Rock, AR
483 Posts

Profile of Paul Prater
International law makes it much tougher to enforce copyright laws. However, here in the US, I have some familiarity with copyright law and violation is pretty stiff. I have defedended a copyright violation case and we settled for a lot of money. BTW it was nothing this egregious. While I can get a judgment, enforcing it (aka collecting the money) can be more difficult.

However, if anyone has these issues inside of the United States, please contact me and I can probably put some heat on the offender.
LebanonCircle
View Profile
Special user
London, UK
895 Posts

Profile of LebanonCircle
For anyone who's watched Carnivale we need a wagon, a gun and one bullet.....
handa
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, PA
1348 Posts

Profile of handa
I wholehearedly agree, and it is important to remember that there are at least TWO ethical issues here:

(1) Theft of intellectual propterty through piracy in many forms
(2) Exposure of magic secrets to a lay public through channels of easy access.

Both should be considered and discussed. Both have the potential to hurt creators, performers, and vendors of magic.

Chris
Roni
View Profile
Elite user
405 Posts

Profile of Roni
When one steals materials it tells me three things: 1. There is no prodactiviti 2.There is no respect for the inventor 3, It is a day lihgt robery!! If you can't think of your owm naterial try not to copy. If you can't build your ouwn song just give it time and it will come to you
Cheers
Roni
WDavis
View Profile
Inner circle
1273 Posts

Profile of WDavis
LebenonCircle,
I am sorry to hear that piracy has happened to you and in this great, but small community. I truly appreciate the update notice with Gmail. I was unaware that this is possible and have subsequently created such an account thank you again.
my best,
Walter
Jon_Thompson
View Profile
Inner circle
Darkest Cheshire
2404 Posts

Profile of Jon_Thompson
What kind of person buys something then effectively copies it and gives it away free? It points to some serious character deficiency.
handa
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, PA
1348 Posts

Profile of handa
Quote:
On 2011-07-24 06:16, Jon_Thompson wrote:
What kind of person buys something then effectively copies it and gives it away free? It points to some serious character deficiency.

There are entire networks of people who do this, both inside and outside of magic. Before the era of ripping and downloading, there were exchange systems set up for dubs and photocopies. I honestly believe that it is the reason that some local magic clubs exist, or it is at least what sustains them. There doesn't need to be some deep-seeded pathology, and there are many rationalizations for this behavior.
Lord Freddie
View Profile
Inner circle
1093 Posts

Profile of Lord Freddie
The best rationalisation I can think of is that they are amoral scum with no respect for anyone's hard work.
dmkraig
View Profile
Inner circle
1949 Posts

Profile of dmkraig
Quote:
On 2011-07-23 12:34, weepinwil wrote:
Another option is to use an e-book format that can be password, copy, and computer protected. It's a pain but probably the best solution.

Ah, were it only so! You can do everything possible to keep rats out of a house, but if there is food around, they will work their way in. Many years ago I took the Belkin course in locksmithing. What they said, and what still holds true, is that locks keep out honest people. If someone really wants in, they'll get in. Most break ins are looking for anything of value, and if you make your home harder to break into, the smash and grab type of thief will move on to the next house because it's easier to get into and out of quickly. But if they're looking just to get into your home, eventually, they'll get in.
Mind_Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
The Sunshine State USA
1229 Posts

Profile of Mind_Magic
I am sorry about this news.

Think any protection in a digital or printed document is not enough for those who want to theft.

It is more of Education, Honesty and Honor.
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3321 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Quote:
On 2011-07-24 11:49, dmkraig wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-07-23 12:34, weepinwil wrote:
Another option is to use an e-book format that can be password, copy, and computer protected. It's a pain but probably the best solution.

Ah, were it only so! You can do everything possible to keep rats out of a house, but if there is food around, they will work their way in. Many years ago I took the Belkin course in locksmithing. What they said, and what still holds true, is that locks keep out honest people. If someone really wants in, they'll get in. Most break ins are looking for anything of value, and if you make your home harder to break into, the smash and grab type of thief will move on to the next house because it's easier to get into and out of quickly. But if they're looking just to get into your home, eventually, they'll get in.

I use a protected version of Desktop Author for my work. Of course, my stuff probably isn't worth stealing and as an undertaker, I bury my best work.
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
Lord Freddie
View Profile
Inner circle
1093 Posts

Profile of Lord Freddie
https://www.facebook.com/#!/terlizzi.michele

This is the man responsible....
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3486 Posts

Profile of SpellbinderEntertainment
This “Gentleman” on his FB page is a student of “A Course in Miracles”
A spiritual path of growth, potential, enlightenment, and integrity!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Course_in_Miracles

How does this measure up to his refusing to take correct and moral actions in his life?

Some sad souls simply confuse me…

Bro. Walt
“Tales of Enchantment: The Art of Magic”
by Walt Anthony
www.LeapingLizardsMagic.com

"spinning tales and weaving enchantment"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Policing the bizarre community... (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL