The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Policing the bizarre community... (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Lord Freddie
View Profile
Inner circle
1093 Posts

Profile of Lord Freddie
So he's a hypocrite as well as a thief!!

I suggest he's blacklisted by all members of this community. He clearly has no respect not only for the people that produce MM, but also the great minds that have contributed towards it. Very sad indeed...
RCP
View Profile
Inner circle
Two Minnie's in The Hell's Half Acre, The Republic of Texas
2131 Posts

Profile of RCP
Off with his head! His friends...... should dump him.
Lord Freddie
View Profile
Inner circle
1093 Posts

Profile of Lord Freddie
And dump ON him!
Intrapsi
View Profile
New user
Venice, Italy
12 Posts

Profile of Intrapsi
This is the response I sent to Mr. Dan Baines (LebanonCircle) and Mr.Freddie Valentine (Lord Freddie):

Dan,

I too am shocked by your message, and only this evening I was Able to verify what you Told me.

I recently started using Scribd as the spare memory for Most of my files, along with an external hard drive That I do not always reliable.

Usually I do not share Any file, even if free, even if downloaded from the examination Scribd. Whether it's magical or other topics, without Any difference.

To confirm the Fact That Several hundred in front of files uploaded only two public Have Become.

Including, Unfortunately, the second issue of Mystic Menagerie.

The fact, I beg you to believe me, I am deeply saddened.

I can not tell how I made ​​this mistake and I have made ​​public the magazine Rather Than keep it private.

For this reason, to avoid future problems, this evening, Rather than make private number two I deleted it with the other numbers Completely That I Purchased, limiting myself to take a copy on the hard drive of my computer.

Unfortunately my little attention has damaged you and your co-workers, to people who appreciate That, for the ideas and texts, even though I never got to meet you.

For this I ask you to let me know how I can compensate you.

I apologize and look back from you.
Michele Terlizzi
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
Quote:
On 2011-07-23 14:30, Tony Iacoviello wrote:
But he doesn't have a mohawk.

I am a Mr. T, and I have a mohawk. So it can't possibly be me Smile
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3321 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Sounds to me like a mistake and I can identify with that. Buried a guy one time that I thought was dead but he wasn't.... well not until I made the first incision anyway.
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Guys, I agree this should not happen by mistake or purpose !
But,to post pictures with children in them on a public forum ?(Magic Café)
I have never used Facebook or know how too!
Is there some code you have to enter to get to a person on face Book ?
If face Book is open to all public,I find it strange to post pictures of children on there as well !
I guess I would not want some to know about my children or nether less be able to identify them !
IMHO !

Gary
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
TH1
View Profile
Special user
Zombies beware! I have your heads on
587 Posts

Profile of TH1
FB allows one to set up various levels of privacy settings. Tho' FB tends to make it somewhat obscure and difficult (lots of pages and hoops to jump thru), and therefore a lot of users have no idea their information is public.
Beware of evil spirits...and depleted batteries! Smile
TheHauntedOne.com
Assembly11.com
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3321 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Quote:
On 2011-07-24 21:50, Godzilla wrote:
Guys, I agree this should not happen by mistake or purpose !
But,to post pictures with children in them on a public forum ?(Magic Café)
I have never used Facebook or know how too!
Is there some code you have to enter to get to a person on face Book ?
If face Book is open to all public,I find it strange to post pictures of children on there as well !
I guess I would not want some to know about my children or nether less be able to identify them !
IMHO !

Gary

Actually, on Facebook you can set securities so only chosen categories of persons can see your wall post and pics. But you have to set the securities or anyone can see them.
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Thanks Willie !
Add on: Thanks TH1

I just clicked on link,saw photo, and got off site ! I did not even read profile.

Gary
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Lord Freddie
View Profile
Inner circle
1093 Posts

Profile of Lord Freddie
I believe you can back up files on CD or memory stick rather than use a PUBLIC FILE SHARING site.
Michele ignored our original contact but when I sent him an email informing him I would name him and warn others he responded in minutes.
Ar least only people in the know would download MM from the official site, this was on display to everyone and people were downloading it for free.
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
[quote]On 2011-07-25 01:30, Lord Freddie wrote:
I believe you can back up files on CD or memory stick rather than use a PUBLIC FILE SHARING site.

I'm a computer dummy...Is this not why they call it a public file sharing site?
Don't they use this type of site to gain or give information on enternet.
I am really confused, why you would back up your files on a sharing site???
Lord Freddie
View Profile
Inner circle
1093 Posts

Profile of Lord Freddie
Exactly. Initially I had no response but when I informed him I would name and shame him and mentioned his name on here and elsewhere I suddenly get a response.
He was given a chance before I named him which was fair but is sounds like someone who freely puts things for show on the Internet whether it is pictures of children or other people's work.

I don't know anyone else who uses a file sharing site to back up their files. It would not even enter my mind to do this.
As stated before, discs or memory sticks would be the obvious choice.
LebanonCircle
View Profile
Special user
London, UK
895 Posts

Profile of LebanonCircle
I reckon we just bill him for 17 illegal downloads and leave it at that, lesson learned no further action.

In the face of prosecution we all claim ignorance and stupididty, I've been in court enough times to witness this (as an expert witness you'll be pleased to hear!). It's just that because of actions like this the 17 downloaders are likely to be uploaders also and so the cycle begins. before you know if your on Rapidshare, BitComet, Fileserve, it spreads like the plague and your work is availble for free.

I think the crux of the matter is that he has not only made our work available for free but also the contributers.

Lesson learned, lets drop it and soldier on!
Intrapsi
View Profile
New user
Venice, Italy
12 Posts

Profile of Intrapsi
Quote:
On 2011-07-25 01:30, Lord Freddie wrote:
Michele ignored our original contact but when I sent him an email informing him I would name him and warn others he responded in minutes

No, Freddie, is not as you say.

I do not know in your country, but here there was the weekend!
And I worked in the kitchens of a hotel where some ceremonies were held. I read Dan's posts and your Friday night (actually Saturday morning), but I physically got to reply only on Sunday evening.

I apologized to you and Dan privately and publicly, and still waiting for an answer on how or in what way I can pay you compensation.
You have given 48 hours to reply, but Dan asks time 72 hours to ship ebooks that you've bought. It would not be fair to grant at least the same time?

I apologized to you publicly. As they say in my part, I put my face. I grant that if I wanted to steal, as you say, I would have done without putting my name in the square?

Dan said I bought all of the numbers of Mystic Menagerie, but in addition to your other ebooks I bought these for many years now. None of these has ever been shared.

You do not believe me, You do not want to believe, as demonstrated by the tone offensive use against me publicly, even worse privately. I will repay with the same coin, and perhaps even worse, putting in place my data!
I have deleted out the magazine from Scribd (which is downloaded several times this weekend, in addition to 17 report by Dan, thanks to the publicity that you have done on themagiccafe.com and bizarremagic.net and who knows how many other sites), but your words, together with those of all the people that I have leveled, will be stored.

Mistakes, Freddie, when you say that there is no logic to use file sharing sites such as external memory: first, because, to my knowledge, all the sites that offer an external memory also offer sharing, if you choose this option, and second because I know that one of the likely future development of Internet and information technology is precisely to avoid local memories. Unfortunately, memories, hard disks or sticks, can ruin, as happened to me, losing important data for jobs or passions.

I renew my sorrow for the incident, born to a simple mistake.
Michele Terlizzi
Lord Freddie
View Profile
Inner circle
1093 Posts

Profile of Lord Freddie
I have emailed and we will resolve the matter. I suggest in future that you use discs or memory sticks to back things up in future, not PUBLIC file sharing sites.
You must understand that so much piracy goes on in the magic world that we have to be tight on things like this.

We want to keep the magazine going for the bizarre community and don't want to go the way of Oracle.
Diasgemini
View Profile
Regular user
Paris & Portugal
101 Posts

Profile of Diasgemini
Hi, heres what I use to back up my personal files in the internet. Its FREE, PRIVATE, PASSWORD PROTECTED, SYNC with my 2 PC, tablet and Android Phone ( works also whit the apple iphone, ipad and mac )
4GB of free internet sockage its great to backup important files.

https://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTMwOTkxNzM5

Watch the video, and you will say "thanks Diasgemini"
www.diasfrancisco.com

Would you give up your hands to fly? That is what the birds have done!
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3321 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Quote:
On 2011-07-25 02:40, Lord Freddie wrote:
Exactly. Initially I had no response but when I informed him I would name and shame him and mentioned his name on here and elsewhere I suddenly get a response.
He was given a chance before I named him which was fair but is sounds like someone who freely puts things for show on the Internet whether it is pictures of children or other people's work.

I don't know anyone else who uses a file sharing site to back up their files. It would not even enter my mind to do this.
As stated before, discs or memory sticks would be the obvious choice.

I always back up my stuff on Carbonite, which is an encrypted data storage site; not a file sharing site.
LebanonCircle
View Profile
Special user
London, UK
895 Posts

Profile of LebanonCircle
Sugarsync or similar based cloud accounts are ideal. They cost an annual fee but if your computer gets stolen or even if your house burns to the ground you'll be able to access all of your docs, photos, data again and you can only share items through invite.

My whole life exists on Sugarsync, not that I'm endorsing their product but you can't be too cautious these days....
S.WARD
View Profile
Loyal user
United Kingdom
251 Posts

Profile of S.WARD
Not heard of sugarsync. That sounds ideal as I have so much important data I need to back up.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Policing the bizarre community... (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL