The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Thimble Lip (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MuleePete
View Profile
Loyal user
272 Posts

Profile of MuleePete
Making a set of thimbles from Tagua Nut, love the antique ivory look and.....they can be dyed.

The first came out very well and works for most of the palms. However the "back of hand palm" in Tarbell is giving me quite a bit of trouble clipping and holding the thimble and making the fingers straight at the same time. Hard to get that middle finger straight. And the first finger sinks behind the middle to hold the BOHP. Just looks bad.

Looking at the styles of "magic" thimbles I see lips on several of the plastic models.

For those of you performing with thimbles, do you find this lip a help or henderance over all while performing? Perhaps if I carved the thimble with more of a tapered flare at the opening instead of a bulbus lip. Does the lip cause flashing by spreading the fingers too far while holding the BOHP?

Thank for looking.

Pete

Click here to view attached image.
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9498 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
Everyone has different hands.

You may be able to do something that someone else can't because they have "windows"
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
In all my years of doing a thimble routine I have never used a BOHP. Do you really need it?
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
MuleePete
View Profile
Loyal user
272 Posts

Profile of MuleePete
Probably not Pete. It was just another slight I though should be in my arsenal "just in case".

Mulee
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Thimble Lip (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL