The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Let's Make A Deal - Combining Posts? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2639 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
I've noticed this issue in the past and I'm sure it's been addressed, but having browsed through a few pages I didn't see any mention of it.

I'm wondering if it would be possible to try and have sellers with multiple items to have them combined into a single post, as long as they all fit the category they're in? I see that some people will do this - if they're selling five or ten DVDs, they'll combine them all in one post, which is easier and faster to read and takes up less space. Others list every single item in a new topic, and some people seem to constantly be selling a LOT of things. I've been looking for a few DVDs and my post, even though it hasn't been up for too long, has already been lost on the second page. I realize that's only one page from the front, but I still find that postings in these sections seem to get buried rather quickly.

Perhaps if buyers were selling more than a certain number of items, they would be required to post them in a single topic? Otherwise I feel the need to keep "bumping" things I've posted more often than I would like to, just so they get seen - and of course I know that bumping is not allowed.

Just wanted to throw that out there. Thank you!
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4985 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Andrew, yes this has been talked about before. There are pro's and con's for either method. If someone makes one topic to sell multiple items, and later sells one of them, they post the item has sold and it brings their topic back to the topic just as bump would do. The rule states that only two of any particular item can be sold and we don't want to see a list of a hundred items.

Most of the time when a member makes a single topic for each item, they give a good description of the item, sometimes with links. If they combined all their sales into one topic, it could get very confusing.
Where the magic begins
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2639 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
All valid points Dave! Thank you for the reply. Smile
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5318 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Maybe,a limit of post for member,at one time in LMaMD.
After a item is sold,they can replace with another item! They could also,report as sold,to have taken off! Like in the,sticky! Smile
Some,look like they are selling a store,worth of items!
You can move from top of page to bottom,in a very short time!

Just,a thought!

Thanks,
Gary
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4985 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
The let's make a deal section provided as a benefit to loyal members. Restricting the number of posts they can make or how many items they can sell puts a damper on that benefit. As mentioned above, there are pro's and con's to single posts as well as multiple listings. We try to control this as much as possible but the forum is very popular and we can't always be in that area. The rules state you can't post "100's" of items in one post. Again, it's difficult to control this.

As for reporting an item "sold", many members already do this and we try to monitor the area as often as possible. Posts in let's make a deal are removed after 15 days from the date of the original post.
Where the magic begins
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5318 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Thanks,for speedy reply, Dave!
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Let's Make A Deal - Combining Posts? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL