The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Photoshop (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

D Byrd
View Profile
Loyal user
Virginia
230 Posts

Profile of D Byrd
Has anyone purchased this and play around with it enough to give an in depth review? Is it truly as clean and special fx looking as it looks on the demo or are they cutting out something?
TTrushin
View Profile
Regular user
USA
188 Posts

Profile of TTrushin
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
I thought you quit magic? You were selling all your stuff. Can I have that crystal skull?
James

Quote:
On 2011-07-27 22:10, D Byrd wrote:
Has anyone purchased this and play around with it enough to give an in depth review? Is it truly as clean and special fx looking as it looks on the demo or are they cutting out something?
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
slyhand
View Profile
Inner circle
Good ole Virginia
1908 Posts

Profile of slyhand
Is that a bottle of vodka? I saw that in the liquor store the other day. It was called Crystal Head Vodka or something like that. Very expensive for vodka

http://crystalheadvodka.com/welcome
I am getting so tired of slitting the throats of people who say that I am a violent psychopath.

Alec
Neznarf
View Profile
Inner circle
NY then AZ now
1840 Posts

Profile of Neznarf
I'm looking for an acrylic skull.
Anyone know who sell's that kind of thing?
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
D Byrd
View Profile
Loyal user
Virginia
230 Posts

Profile of D Byrd
There are also a lot of people who try to quit smoking, drinking, and doing drugs. Sadly there is no magic rehab institution. I still have over $6000.00 retail of books, dvds, and effects I've been trying to sell.

No you may not have my crystal skull.

I'm sorry to have bothered you. This effect just caught my eye. The demo video looks like pure magic. Freaked me out brother.
Doug (NOT with the Chinese Circus)

Quote:
On 2011-07-28 05:05, Xiqual wrote:
I thought you quit magic? You were selling all your stuff. Can I have that crystal skull?
James

Quote:

Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Meanie! Just kidding Doug. Cool skull! I want an acrylic one too but can't find it.
If you would like to join the Chinese circus, I can get you booked. Can you do this:
http://tinyurl.com/3ed9ll5 That's me BTW.
James

Quote:
On 2011-07-28 16:24, D Byrd wrote:
There are also a lot of people who try to quit smoking, drinking, and doing drugs. Sadly there is no magic rehab institution. I still have over $6000.00 retail of books, dvds, and effects I've been trying to sell.

No you may not have my crystal skull.

I'm sorry to have bothered you. This effect just caught my eye. The demo video looks like pure magic. Freaked me out brother.
Doug (NOT with the Chinese Circus)

Quote:
On 2011-07-28 05:05, Xiqual wrote:
James

Quote:

MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2574 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
I live in Virginia and the abc store here sells two sizes of crystal skulls with a vodka in them
D Byrd
View Profile
Loyal user
Virginia
230 Posts

Profile of D Byrd
Brother Xiqual I, indeed, can not do what you are doing in that photo. I keep drinking all the brandy and then I'm afraid to be around anything that's as lit as I am.

I did a google search and found an online retailer selling the exact skull I have in the picture. It's from the Summit Collection (a wholesale company). I did not purchase mine from them, but to be honest I don't rightly remember where I go it from (poor Urick (sp.?) I bet he's missing his skull).

http://www.twistedfeather.com/translucentskull.html

Doug (should have run away when I was a kid and joined the circus)
slyhand
View Profile
Inner circle
Good ole Virginia
1908 Posts

Profile of slyhand
It says it's translucent and hand painted. Is it painted with translucent paint?
I am getting so tired of slitting the throats of people who say that I am a violent psychopath.

Alec
Richard Shawn
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of Richard Shawn
Saw it done live. very easy, but I was no that impressed with it. You can do the same thing with a Gaff deck. Daniel Garcia does something similar with batteries on his ultragaff videos.
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Awesome Doug!
That is exactly what I waslooking for.
Thank you!
James

Quote:
On 2011-07-29 01:19, D Byrd wrote:
Brother Xiqual I, indeed, can not do what you are doing in that photo. I keep drinking all the brandy and then I'm afraid to be around anything that's as lit as I am.

I did a google search and found an online retailer selling the exact skull I have in the picture. It's from the Summit Collection (a wholesale company). I did not purchase mine from them, but to be honest I don't rightly remember where I go it from (poor Urick (sp.?) I bet he's missing his skull).

http://www.twistedfeather.com/translucentskull.html

Doug (should have run away when I was a kid and joined the circus)
Watchmaker
View Profile
Veteran user
369 Posts

Profile of Watchmaker
Mr. Byrd,

So often a post starts out trying to find information about one thing and it quickly turns into something else, in this case your skull (not your exact skull, your invisible one).

R/

Phil

P.S. not making fun, just making an observation.
Neznarf
View Profile
Inner circle
NY then AZ now
1840 Posts

Profile of Neznarf
http://goreydetails.net/shop/index.php?m......cPath=35

Cool site with some not so normal items.
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
D Byrd
View Profile
Loyal user
Virginia
230 Posts

Profile of D Byrd
Quote:
On 2011-07-29 13:43, Neznarf wrote:
http://goreydetails.net/shop/index.php?m......cPath=35

Cool site with some not so normal items.

They have the same one too.

http://goreydetails.net/shop/index.php?m......_id=1345
PENFOLD
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of PENFOLD
If anyone from the u.k has this effect and wants to perform with kiss chocolates they can be purchased from ASDA.
Its the only place I could find that sold them.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Photoshop (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL