The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » How do you store your gaff coins? (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2351 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
The "dollar size" (2x2") ones fit the cases but without the screw on lid.
That's fine because the ones I have only come with one lid for each set of 6 "cups". They're made to stack, the bottom of one screwing onto the top of another, except for the top-most one which gets the lid.

Calvin Tong
View Profile
Special user
718 Posts

Profile of Calvin Tong
Thanks. Come to think of it, I recall seeing these at the arts of crafts store. I will have to go check it out this weekend. thanks for sharing the pic.

So there is no gap between the cylindrical containers of the rectangular lid when it is closed?

caL
Cal Tong
President Emeritus
IBM Ring 216 Silicon Valley
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
2351 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
Quote:
On Jun 3, 2022, Calvin Tong wrote:

So there is no gap between the cylindrical containers of the rectangular lid when it is closed?

Not much if any. You could always put a packing peanut on top if you find anything slips out.
gregg webb
View Profile
Inner circle
1564 Posts

Profile of gregg webb
I was keeping gaffs in leather pouches, but I just found that that promotes tarnishing. I just had to clean a bunch of gaffs. So that's what not to do.
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
2351 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
That really depends on the quality of the leather and the types of coins you have. Some leathers still have a lot of the chemicals from the tanning process and that will interact with some metals.

Quote:
On Aug 25, 2022, gregg webb wrote:
I was keeping gaffs in leather pouches, but I just found that that promotes tarnishing. I just had to clean a bunch of gaffs. So that's what not to do.
_Alex_
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of _Alex_
It depends on the gaff. If it's a c/s then it can be stored along with other coins. But if it's a shell or anything else that could be distorted you'll want to store that separately. My Johnson shell came in a plastic protector. It's just a piece of plastic with two slots but it keeps the shell safe when it's not in use. Really you just don't want it jiggling around and getting damaged.
tonsofquestions
View Profile
Inner circle
1807 Posts

Profile of tonsofquestions
I'm going to have to respectfully disagree here.
You shouldn't be storing your turtle separately from other things, regardless of how Johnson shipped it.
I always store my turtle with a matching coin tucked away, at which point you can store it with any of your other coins, too.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » How do you store your gaff coins? (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL