The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Ken Scott's making the birthday Dough 2 AT Kidabra (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
kenscott
View Profile
Inner circle
1867 Posts

Profile of kenscott
Hello

WOW! what a summer. my summer library season just wrapped with 92 shows in 10 weeks. During that time I filmed my newest DVD "Making the birthday Dough 2!" I filmed the first one almost 11 years ago. I really excited about the new one. It is my live birthday show and then my good friend Max Howard sits down with me as we talk about the birthday business side of it.

Making the Birthday Dough 2 will be debuted at Kidabra this year. Kidabra starts a week from this monday. I am really excited about this years conference. Every year I take away usable information when I attend. My saying is " You can't afford NOT to go." It is the one conference where everyone shares ideas. One of the things I learned last year I used all summer long to help me make about 9000.00 this summer.

I look forward to seeing everyone at Kidabra.

See ya
Ken
TommyJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Foxboro, MA
1750 Posts

Profile of TommyJ
You're right Ken. Anyone serious about entertaining children should try to attend Kidabra. I go with the mind-set to learn at least one thing. If I learn more, I consider it a bonus.

See you soon. Looking forward to your lecture.

Tommy
"Keep the Kids Laughing!"
https://www.tommyjamesmagic.com/store
Ryan Price
View Profile
Special user
winnipeg, MB, Canada
641 Posts

Profile of Ryan Price
If only it wasn't in August. I was able to attend one year before I got really busy. Now during the period that I would be at Kidabra I will be performing nearly 20 shows.

I look forward to Ken's release. I will be sure to purchase one when it comes out. Ken's dvd was one of the first I bought when getting into kid shows and it put me years ahead of where I would have been if I didn't purchase it.
kenscott
View Profile
Inner circle
1867 Posts

Profile of kenscott
Ryan thank you!! I don't release a lot of stuff but when I do I like to think I am showing the way I do it and no theory. Ryan the one year you came we had a blast! One of the funniest things was when we got Silly billy on the prank. Priceless!!!

THe new DVD will be up the day after the release at kidabra.

Thanks
Ken
Shawn D
View Profile
Elite user
Hughson,Ca
437 Posts

Profile of Shawn D
Looking forward to your New DVD Ken, I have the first one along with your Instant magician that has been holding up for years now. What great quality.Very rare that I don't have to replace a magic prop I use that mch with in a year. Still wanting to get a calydascope from you when you get more.

That 9000.00 you made this summer must not include the Library shows?
Is the new DVD going to cover anyhting about BOR sales?

Thanks
Shawn
kenscott
View Profile
Inner circle
1867 Posts

Profile of kenscott
kenscott
View Profile
Inner circle
1867 Posts

Profile of kenscott
kenscott
View Profile
Inner circle
1867 Posts

Profile of kenscott
The are for sale now,,,,,,, good reviews are coming in.
MagicB1S
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville Tenn.
1039 Posts

Profile of MagicB1S
Mine is ordered, I will post a review as soon as it arrives.
"There are Tricks To All Trades.... My Trade is all Tricks"

"An amature practices until he gets it right. A Professional Practices until he can't get it wrong"

www.Themagicchest.webs.com
bobswislosky@yahoo.com
Rodney Palmer
View Profile
Inner circle
1317 Posts

Profile of Rodney Palmer
I just ordered mine as well. Ken, I am really looking forward to another GREAT Product. This is like waiting for Christmas and I am soooooooooooooo READY to open my Present (Mail Box).

Rodney
"Creating Memories That Last A Lifetime"

In order to keep "MAGIC ALIVE" Please become a Mentor to a Young Person.
MichaelDouglas
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon
766 Posts

Profile of MichaelDouglas
From all of the good things I've read about Ken and this new DVD, I couldn't help but place my order just now.
Michael238
View Profile
Inner circle
1207 Posts

Profile of Michael238
Love the youtube trailer.
Best ever for a magic dvd
www.mikebrownmagic.com
<BR>http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=885780636
Grasshop34
View Profile
Veteran user
Cincinnati, OH
308 Posts

Profile of Grasshop34
The DVD turned out great Ken! I'm on my second viewing. I love the connection to silly bands with your rope routine. Your balloon bits at the beginning are fun. I always feel a need to get right into the magic, but having fun with the balloons at the start of the show is something I'm going to give a try. The bit with the bunny is also a highlight for me. I appreciated the extra words about caring for your bunny as well. I just got finished holding my bunny! Smile

Jason Jacobs
Ken Dumm
View Profile
Inner circle
1196 Posts

Profile of Ken Dumm
Got the DVD today...as expected, great material and advice from one of the top pros in family entertainment. If you're a family performer, you will learn something from this dvd. Do yourself a favor and pick this up, you won't regret it!

Ken
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
I got mine today. He has a nice, solid birthday show. Likable personality. Good material. For me, anyway, it was worth the price of admission.
kenscott
View Profile
Inner circle
1867 Posts

Profile of kenscott
Thanks guys. BTW Practical magic in the UK will be carrying my DVD over on the other side of the pond.

Thanks
Ken
MagicB1S
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville Tenn.
1039 Posts

Profile of MagicB1S
Received my Making the birthday dough 2 today and had a chance to view it, Another great product by Ken Scott. Even if you do not do Birthday parties you will take something home from this dvd. The Marketing bit alone is worth the price of the dvd. Thank you Ken for putting out another great DVD.
"There are Tricks To All Trades.... My Trade is all Tricks"

"An amature practices until he gets it right. A Professional Practices until he can't get it wrong"

www.Themagicchest.webs.com
bobswislosky@yahoo.com
kenscott
View Profile
Inner circle
1867 Posts

Profile of kenscott
Thanks MagicB1S . Very happy with the DVD's and its sales. All of the orders to this date went out today. Was at kidabra and Magic Live and could not ship until I got back from them. I hope you get something from the new DVD. I really the talk with Max Howard on there, went really well I thought.

Again thanks again!!

Ken
youngmagjar
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of youngmagjar
I don't generally order anything without research. My experiences with Ken and his products have been so good that I don't even have to worry about it. I'm jumping all over this. Unfortunately, my copy of the first "Making The Birthday Dough" was VHS and my VCR ate it up recently. Went online looking for a DVD to replace it, but to no avail. :-( But, I can't wait for this one to arrive...I know it will be pure gold. Thanks for all you do, Scott.
Red Shadow
View Profile
Inner circle
1779 Posts

Profile of Red Shadow
Hi, I just watched your DVD and wanted to add a few notes to this thread.

firstly, only one trick is explained (the egg bag) which is the standout trick of the DVD by far. Everything else is like watching a dealer dem. He performs close to 20 effects in 35 minutes, rushing through them like cannon fodder. If you like the tricks, you will need to visit a dealer afterwards to buy it. I don't have any problems with that, but the buyer should know what to expect.

He starts his show by shouting at the kids and telling them not to laugh. It's so unpleasant to watch that immediately puts you off watching. Why would you ever tell the children off for laughing is a puzzle to me, especially as the shy children will not only obey, but also cry why they get told off, when they haven't even done anything wrong.

Lots of children come up to help but don't really do anything than act as coasters holding stuff and reaching into change bags for the 30 seconds the trick lasts. My biggest problem was how he embarrasses them, like bringing up a boy and girl and playing romance music. He even admitted himself it was awkward, so why embarrass your helpers? Especially when you can perform the same gag oyourself with a puppet or something.

He brings up an adult and does instant magician, touching his face was awkward and there was a distinct lack of laughter. Not even the appearing cane got a response until he asked for it. Tricks like the stiff rope and vanishing silk were wasted within this routine and got zero response. It has taught me to never do the trick which was unfortunate as I bought the DVD to watch the expert get the most laughts from it.

The birthday girl did a trick, but didn't really do anything other than lie on a board for the chair suspension. It didn't really make the girl special in any way, just a prop for the magician and that's it.

I wasnt a fan of the show, the audience reactions were lacking and it lacked the magic of ken that he is known for. Perhaps because it was evident to me at least that this was not his main show. It was all backup material from like his third repeat show. In kidvention, he talks about how much he uses puppets in his current show, yet none of them featured in the DVD. He performs daryls acrobatic ropes using Kimmos patter word-for-word. It was a complete copy, along with the Rocky routine and several others. It was like watching someone else copying another entertainers act for the DVD.

He wears a t-shirt and shirt. This is not magical, colourful clownish or smart. He looks like he has just walked in off the street. When all his promo stuff, including the DVD cover show him wearing a smart suit, why is he not wearing it for the actual show?

The best thing on the DVD was the egg bag, which suprisingly is his, and is actually worth the price of the disc. It's perhaps the best and easiest way of performing an egg bag routine with a multiple egg ending. It was genius and worth buying just for that trick alone.

Im going to be hated for my review of this DVD! But quite frankly, I'm willing to take the heat as you guys need to be warned that this is not what I wanted to see from a ken Scott prodult. I wanted to see his puppet routines, his suit and original tricks. Not a dealer dem performed by a street urchin.

Technically it is well shot with 2 camera (one showing audience reactions) and everything is clear, and nice to watch due to his backdrop.

Buy it to learn the egg bag, but that's about it.

This is just my opinion and it is how I feel. You may have a different opinion which are welcome to, I am only telling you my own personal thoughts on it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Ken Scott's making the birthday Dough 2 AT Kidabra (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL