The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Recommend stage mentalism acts for weddings (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5691 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
Christopher Taylor
View Profile
V.I.P.
British Columbia Canada
2167 Posts

Profile of Christopher Taylor
Mind Control by Nardi/Spellman and PK Touch. The latter done with Real Ghost so that both the bride and groom can respond to the touch at exactly the same moment.

Christopher
Christopher Taylor

Member P.E.A.

www.taylorimagineering.com

MAKING MENTALISM MORE IMPOSSIBLE
PWRIS
View Profile
Regular user
177 Posts

Profile of PWRIS
What about a credit card number revelation (The Grooms credit card) the Bride names the card number.
(of course she knows the number of by heart, as she's been using it since they met Smile )
Paul W. Randall
"Englishman in Germany"
Lior
View Profile
Inner circle
1850 Posts

Profile of Lior
Nobody said Himber Ring?
invisible/PK touches?

Lior
Talk To The Screen. The best effect for professionals
http://www.theliortouch.com

The Invisble touches , spoon bending, PK combinations
8 loops from Yigal Mesika http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/8161

Penguin Live lecture http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/7645
PEA Dave Lederman Award 2009
PEA Dunninger Award 2001
Life Time Achivmeant IUPA 2016
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
Quote:
On 2011-08-01 08:42, johncesta wrote:
How do folks stop the momentum of a wedding for a magic/mentalism show?

Alright everyone it's not about us for 30 minutes ... watch the guy on the stage.

That is exactly what I was thinking. Strolling...yes. Stage???
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
I would just table hop with the two greatest close-up effects possible for any occasion - the Pea Can and the Magic Ding Dong.
The Melkur
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of The Melkur
A certain trilogy of books from outlaw might provide a taste of married life???
Paul Shirley
View Profile
Inner circle
Melbourne, Australia
1206 Posts

Profile of Paul Shirley
Have a box, with 2 padlocks wrapped up and sat on the gift table for the entire evening. Give a key to both the bride and the groom.

Use it for an open prediction of sorts detailing some of the things that have randomly happened throughout the evening... ending with the prediction that the couple will
live together happily ever after.

Good luck.
dusty
View Profile
Veteran user
343 Posts

Profile of dusty
As an entertaianment agent I would never consider offering ANY speciality act for a wedding. A wedding singer may be appropriate for a few specific songs but that would be about it. Weddings are social gatherings where families get together so expecting guests to be quiet for 30 - 40 minutes after the meal is like pushing water up hill.

Strolling close-up magic or mentalism is the only options I would recommend. I would however be interested to hear from those who have actually worked cabaret at weddings as opposed to those feel qualified to make suggestions about conditions they have never worked within.
Regards,

Dusty

aka Max Gordon.
"Always give 100%, Unless you're a blood donor!"

Exclusive publications available from:

www.solutions.yolasite.com
Mindpro
View Profile
Inner circle
9770 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
As an agent I too have always booked specialty act at weddings for after dinner stage performances and would never book strolling acts at a wedding. The wedding market was a primary market we booked for twenty five years, doing 75-130 per year. Many requests for mentalists, hypnotists, comedians, game shows and the little people (most recently seen on America's Got Talent).

The period following dinner before the dancing starts is when 90% of them would perform during this typically slow down transitional time. Guests have just eaten, yet are not ready to jump up on the dancefloor and start dancing yet, so we took this ideal spot and focused primarily on this and it was more than successful. The audience was looking for something here, and even though the bride and groom were being pulled in many directions by the *** photographer, in the vast majority of times, the were the ones booking us and were looking forward to our fun, interactive performances as most featured the bride and groom and the bridal party. Then when our specialty act was done, everyone was ready to hot the dancefloor. DJ's and bands loved us because they got a break, and when they followed us it as an immediate thing rather than a progressive build that they had to work at.

Although I no longer do the the 10-15 bridal shows a year to promote these acts, I still get a dozen or two calls per year. It's about positioning and filling a void. In many cases I would get the same or even better price for this 30-45 minute act than the band or DJ was getting for the whole night.
Anansi
View Profile
Regular user
195 Posts

Profile of Anansi
Quote:
On 2011-08-01 04:21, Pakar Ilusi wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-07-31 01:09, Mindpro wrote:
Nearly every mentalism effect can easily be adapted for a wedding theme, the bride and groom or bridal party.

How about that full body catalepsy lying down between two chairs thingy?

Smile

Well, off the top of my head: Get the women walking all over the man and explain how catalepsy will become an important state for him to be able to achieve in the years to come.
Also, use as an extended metaphor for the wedding night- he's stiff now and maybe all night- the power of suggestion!
ars est celare artem
dusty
View Profile
Veteran user
343 Posts

Profile of dusty
Quote:
On 2011-08-04 08:35, Mindpro wrote:
As an agent I too have always booked specialty act at weddings for after dinner stage performances and would never book strolling acts at a wedding. The wedding market was a primary market we booked for twenty five years, doing 75-130 per year. Many requests for mentalists, hypnotists, comedians, game shows and the little people (most recently seen on America's Got Talent).

I Guess this is the difference between the UK and the US.
Regards,

Dusty

aka Max Gordon.
"Always give 100%, Unless you're a blood donor!"

Exclusive publications available from:

www.solutions.yolasite.com
Mindpro
View Profile
Inner circle
9770 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Yes, could very well be.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Recommend stage mentalism acts for weddings (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL