The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » @Colin McLeod : your PM-inbox is full! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
DutchFrank
View Profile
Special user
Has a fence with
542 Posts

Profile of DutchFrank
Tried to send you a message, but your inbox is full.

DutchFrank
Forgive me any language mistakes.

I'm Dutch.
Martin.Lester
View Profile
Inner circle
1018 Posts

Profile of Martin.Lester
Quote:
On 2011-07-31 09:54, DutchFrank wrote:
Tried to send you a message, but your inbox is full.

DutchFrank

He has already said that he is taking a break from the Café due to other commitnents
DutchFrank
View Profile
Special user
Has a fence with
542 Posts

Profile of DutchFrank
Ah, didn't know that.
Thank you!

DutchFrank

I'm Dutch.
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
If you want to file a complaint. Against his book, please contact him directly. I am receiving too many messages from folks letting me know that they think they were defrauded in the product based on how it was sold and marketed. Thanks!
Thomas Cooper
View Profile
Special user
935 Posts

Profile of Thomas Cooper
Wow, Colin's been trolling :o
I call myself "Thomas Cooper" here because this stops the magic café appearing when people google my stage name.

Does anyone else find the term "Special User" to be a bit condescending?
DutchFrank
View Profile
Special user
Has a fence with
542 Posts

Profile of DutchFrank
No, that was not why I wanted to reach him.

I'm Dutch.
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Insight-

Why would people be contacting you if they had a complaint?
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3934 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
I don't wish to start an argument or start this thread down the slippery slope that so many others go down,
But I'd love to know what is this whole Insight vs TWU all about

Steve
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Quote:
On 2011-07-31 15:44, insight wrote:
If you want to file a complaint. Against his book, please contact him directly. I am receiving too many messages from folks letting me know that they think they were defrauded in the product based on how it was sold and marketed. Thanks!

Why would you automatically think he wants to contact him to file a complaint? And defrauded? Colin didn't defraud anyone in any sense of the word. You should really choose your language a little more carefully. Fraud is a very strong accusation to make against anyone.
Shrubsole
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
2443 Posts

Profile of Shrubsole
Complaints about a product, a very questionable appearance on an exposure TV show and a mysterious disappearing act.

Who are they going to get to play Colin in the movie version?

Oh what a tangled web we weave...!
Winner of the Dumbringer Award for total incompetence. (All years)
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Quote:
On 2011-07-31 17:05, steveline wrote:
I don't wish to start an argument or start this thread down the slippery slope that so many others go down,
But I'd love to know what is this whole Insight vs TWU all about

Steve

d also like to know. In another thread he said he'd been called by a few who were disappointed and felt misled. Does he distribute the book?
markthorold
View Profile
Inner circle
Shrunken heads atop
1943 Posts

Profile of markthorold
I sometimes don't know when youre taking the p*ss Shrub ..lol ...but it was Loki on the exposure show not Colin ( but if that was a joke ,my apologies )
Mark
E.O.I
DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1875 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
Quote:
On 2011-07-31 18:08, markthorold wrote:
I sometimes don't know when youre taking the p*ss Shrub ..lol ...but it was Loki on the exposure show not Colin ( but if that was a joke ,my apologies )
Mark

I think he referred to Colin, who was on last week...
Shrubsole
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
2443 Posts

Profile of Shrubsole
More of a summation so far, but I have a feeling we are only on chapter one!
Winner of the Dumbringer Award for total incompetence. (All years)
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Thomas-

Since you have decided to pretend to be an attorney, you might want to research libel laws as well as the Café rules that expressly prohibit what you have done in your last post.

Quote:
Because the Internet allows folks to post comments (whether true or not) in just a few seconds for possibly thousands to read within a very short time, making negative statements or accusations concerning the character or business practices of an individual or company / dealer will not be tolerated. While you may personally know that John Doe stole an idea, trick, or effect and is a thief, posting such information on The Magic Café will get your post deleted asap, and with no notice or explanation given. This also includes any disputes you may have with an individual, company or dealer in regards to any transactions you have made with them.

As far as we are concerned, such postings are no more then gossip or libel and fall into the lawsuit category.

see: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......rum=39&0
Thomas Cooper
View Profile
Special user
935 Posts

Profile of Thomas Cooper
Quote:
On 2011-07-31 19:00, mastermindreader wrote:
Thomas-

Since you have decided to pretend to be an attorney, you might want to research libel laws as well as the Café rules that expressly prohibit what you have done in your last post.

Quote:
Because the Internet allows folks to post comments (whether true or not) in just a few seconds for possibly thousands to read within a very short time, making negative statements or accusations concerning the character or business practices of an individual or company / dealer will not be tolerated. While you may personally know that John Doe stole an idea, trick, or effect and is a thief, posting such information on The Magic Café will get your post deleted asap, and with no notice or explanation given. This also includes any disputes you may have with an individual, company or dealer in regards to any transactions you have made with them.

As far as we are concerned, such postings are no more then gossip or libel and fall into the lawsuit category.

see: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......rum=39&0

Ohh *** it.

So basically, what they are saying is "NO NEGATIVE TALK!"

Seriously, read that post again. Under those rules I cannot even tell Bob that I thought he drank a bit too much at the bar tonight (if I happened to have met him) as that could be interpreted as liable: FALSELY.

Tom
xx

P.S
No offence Bob, I am sure you drink responsibly. It was only an example Smile
I call myself "Thomas Cooper" here because this stops the magic café appearing when people google my stage name.

Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5318 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
I can not comment about Colin, as I do not own any of his works!

But, for Thomas...I have to respect him! I always do not agree with what he says,and poke fun at him sometimes!
He does back up what he says,with information on his reasons of why !

So Thomas,as sung by AC/DC ..."For Those about to Rock,We Salute You!" Smile

I would have added those clapping hands,but did not know how to ! lol

-G
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Pete Legend
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1343 Posts

Profile of Pete Legend
Ah jesus lads some amount of nonsense being typed here. Each to their own but I'd rather spend time working on my own performances and having the craic than getting all firey over magic shows on TV.

In relation to the product shur jesus my nana (she's dead) would have known a gimmick was involved from reading the thread.I've bought the book,read the book, used the method described in the book within my own unique presentation and had the audience laughing and gasping. Went down a storm.

Each to their own, everyone has a right to their opinion but sooooo many pages written about it, I say it's possibly time to let things go.

Sound out lads!
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Quote:
On 2011-07-31 19:21, quicknotist wrote:
And only a few days ago you wondered why some of us were driven to bad language.

No, actually I fully understood your frustration. I never disagreed with what you said, I pointed out that this isn't the place for language of that sort and I didn't want to see you get banned for it. As for your sentiment, I couldn't have agreed more Smile
Thomas Cooper
View Profile
Special user
935 Posts

Profile of Thomas Cooper
Quote:
On 2011-07-31 19:30, seangiles wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-07-31 19:21, quicknotist wrote:
And only a few days ago you wondered why some of us were driven to bad language.

No, actually I fully understood your frustration. I never disagreed with what you said, I pointed out that this isn't the place for language of that sort and I didn't want to see you get banned for it. As for your sentiment, I couldn't have agreed more Smile

Can you please explain why exactly you are disgusted?

This question may sound sarcastic perhaps, or argumentative, but I promise you it is sincere.

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » @Colin McLeod : your PM-inbox is full! (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL