The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Hare Raising Hats by Paul Hallas (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Leo Reynolds Jr
View Profile
Special user
826 Posts

Profile of Leo Reynolds Jr
I like the looks of this one .Bet it plays good for kids and family entertainment.Another winner by Paul Hallas.Got mine on order

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqtzEPnUl......embedded

Best
Leo Jr
Martino
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, UK
915 Posts

Profile of Martino
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
"There's a difference between not knowing how something is done and knowing it can't be done!" - Simon Aronson
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4401 Posts

Profile of Paul
Re: "Bet it plays good for kids and family entertainment"

It does! Great table hopping trick for family groups because it's intantly reset. This was a sellout at the S.A.M. in Pittsburgh where I had some before it's 'official" release.

Paul.
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6439 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
Qua-Fiki hopped on this one as soon as it was advertised. He added in a version of "Dots Impossible" using black hats and red hats, which also allows him to show the hat cards on both sides, so once he segues into the Hare Raising Hats, the ending is that much more surprising. Then he follows up with a sponge bunny routine.

The Hare Raising Hats trick only needs a table when placing the cards down prior to the finale, so for strolling without a table, Qua-Fiki hands the rabbit cards to three kids to hold. The hat cards are placed over the bunny cards and the kids then get to turn over the hat cards to discover the amazing transformation for themselves, and their noisy surprise adds to the effect immensely. Thanks for a great trick, Paul!
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
4401 Posts

Profile of Paul
RE: "The Hare Raising Hats trick only needs a table when placing the cards down prior to the finale, so for strolling without a table, Qua-Fiki hands the rabbit cards to three kids to hold. "

Yes, I've done the same, if there is no table space you simply hand each produced rabbit card to someone asking, "Will you just hold that for me please?" Usually I've given them to the same person (you don't always have three kids available)and then have someone else hold their hand out to deal the hat cards onto, or use the other hand of the same person, enabling you to easily take the rabbit cards back before the climax. Some may prefer to do it this way even if there is a little table space because the final reveal then happens in their hands (always good). However, if there is a little table space, and you don't need much, I think the table display looks good - and the cards will probably last longer, lol.

I think restaurant entertainers are going to be the magicians that appeciate this one the most. It's just the perfect packet trick for family groups.

Paul.
Martino
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, UK
915 Posts

Profile of Martino
Looking forward to trying this out. I may have to finally swap my sponge balls for the Goshman 3D rabbits!
"There's a difference between not knowing how something is done and knowing it can't be done!" - Simon Aronson
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
4401 Posts

Profile of Paul
Quote:
On 2011-08-02 17:17, Martino wrote:
Looking forward to trying this out. I may have to finally swap my sponge balls for the Goshman 3D rabbits!

You might also want to check out the Eddie Ace sponge rabbits - and the rest, lol. Eddie was at the Pittsburgh S.A.M. with his wares, he has some great stuff.
http://www.Eddieace.com

I also have a good instant reset routine for the sponge bunnies in my book "Magic From The Overground" detailed in the chapter discussing strolling magic. I don't think I would routine Hare Raising Hats and sponge bunnies in the same 'set' but I can understand why people might want to.

Paul.
Trekdad
View Profile
Elite user
Telford, PA
445 Posts

Profile of Trekdad
[quote]On 2011-08-03 09:45, Paul wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-08-02 17:17, Martino wrote:

I also have a good instant reset routine for the sponge bunnies in my book "Magic From The Overground" detailed in the chapter discussing strolling magic. I don't think I would routine Hare Raising Hats and sponge bunnies in the same 'set' but I can understand why people might want to.

Paul.

Paul -- I use your routine for the sponge bunnies from "Overground". It's easy, simple, and the reset is truly a part of the routine.

I'd love to obtain these new cards. The graphics are great!
Barnhardt: You have tested this theory?
Klaatu: I find it works well enough to get me from one planet to the next.
The Day the Earth Stood Still
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
4401 Posts

Profile of Paul
Glad to hear from someone that's actually using it, Trekdad, lol. Yes, the graphics on these cards are great (better than the ones I originally supplied Meir with!). Currently Hare Raising Hats is only available from Meir or myself.

Paul.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6887 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Ha! Very nice, Paul. Love it.
TRI-EFFECTA: Three Close Up Card Miracles now available! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/tri-effecta.html
Leo Reynolds Jr
View Profile
Special user
826 Posts

Profile of Leo Reynolds Jr
Got mine the cards look great and it passed the grandchildren test with flying colors.They loved it.

Great Trick Paul
easy,clean ending and fast reset!!

Best
Leo Jr
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Brŕth
3660 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
Great trick! Also, Paul's books are the most overlooked in magic.
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2011-08-07 12:34, Jamie Ferguson wrote:
Great trick! Also, Paul's books are the most overlooked in magic.

Agreed. I also think Paul is an incredible entertainer in his own right. His Card Magic dvds are wonderful. Keep meaning to get his mentalism set.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
5809 Posts

Profile of motown
Hadn't seen that one before, very nice.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
EndersGame
View Profile
Inner circle
Reviewer EndersGame
1153 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
This is now available from Meir Yedid Magic in larger parlor-size cards.

See my full review elsewhere on The Magic Café here:

https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......c=681948

BoardGameGeek reviewer EndersGame - click here to see all my pictorial reviews: => Magic Reviews <==> Playing Card Reviews <==> Board Game Reviews <==

Want me to write a review of your playing cards or magic? Contact me via Private Message.
Trekdad
View Profile
Elite user
Telford, PA
445 Posts

Profile of Trekdad
I've used the poker-sized version since it first came out, and "hopped" on the release of the larger size cards. Very happy these were released in the larger size. Not a criticism by any means, but the one thing I wish was included in the instructions are some tips on doing the Elmsley Count with the cards face-out at chest-height, since this release is with cards visible when performing for a larger group than my typical 4-top. Managed to figure it out anyway despite my "muscle" memory" of the count with the cards held lower. Definitely a great effect for all ages and wonderful graphics. Highly recommended by my various audiences.
Barnhardt: You have tested this theory?
Klaatu: I find it works well enough to get me from one planet to the next.
The Day the Earth Stood Still
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Hare Raising Hats by Paul Hallas (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL