The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Science Friction - the new roughing solution?! (9 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5360 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Excellent! It might be a nice gesture to send an email to those who purchased. I checked the site each day for quite a while and finally gave up. I would not have known that the section was open if I had not checked this thread.

Nonetheless, glad to see that things are back on track!
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1706 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
We kept track of all magicians who bought Science Friction using our online shop so that we would be able to inform them. (Nevertheless there were some purchases at conventions and now over some dealers, where we don´t have their contact details.)

I just opened up the Member area and you are the first one in. The others will get an email notification also, for sure.

The Person Who Says It cannot Be Done Should Not Interrupt The Person Doing It!
Chinese Proverb
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5360 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Thanks, Christian. I enjoyed my first visit, and look forward to the successful future of the site. I am also glad to hear that your health has improved, at least enough to rejoin the forums.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
26967 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Per discussion on the Genii forum - try using an SF card for Red Hot Moma/Chicago Opener.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
andyhurst
View Profile
New user
Somerset, UK
64 Posts

Profile of andyhurst
I picked up some SF at Blackpool and have been having great fun trying out things with it. Now I see the site is open I will go register and check out the new content Smile

Andy
Andy Hurst
----------
http://www.andyhurstmagic.com/
magicHart
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas, Nevada
548 Posts

Profile of magicHart
Would be nice if they would market a trial size.
If it's as good as advertised, they will sell tons more to satisfied customers!
MagicJuggler
View Profile
Inner circle
Anchorage, AK
1161 Posts

Profile of MagicJuggler
Actually all they would need to do is to market at a low cost some sample cards treated with the stuff along with some suggested applications and instructions on how to handle the cards. That way people could see the results for themselves, and Card Shark wouldn't have to go to the expense of manufacturing new arisol sprays.

Plus, the size can they give you is enormous considering how little you have to use to treat a card and the fact that for an effect you're usually only treating one or two cards.

But let me tell you, I just bought the stuff on the chance that it would enhance a trick I've been working on, and it worked like a dream. So I was able to ditch the double stick tape and use the science friction spray instead and achieve the same result. Plus the cards separate easily with no sound at all and with no effort. The treated cards don't gather lint so I can keep them in my pocket until I need to ring them into the deck, and not have to worry about the cards losing their grip.

If you like to work with gaffs this stuff is fantastic.

In my opinion it is as good as advertised. (Though the use of the word 'nano' seems a bit off, since in the states it's usually associated with microscopic sized particles that have been engineered in a certain way. I think they meant it as implying that you only have to use a tiny amount to treat a card-literally one light pass of the spray is enough)
Matthew Olsen

www.mattolsenmagic.com

I heard from a friend that anecdotal evidence is actually quite reliable.
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1706 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
Here at FISM we just release two spin-off effects called One Card Collector and Delicious Ambitious. The will be online available next week on my website. Come with treated cards as well as a streamlined DVD of Science Friction where only one trick is explained but all the other effects of Science Friction are shown. Each effect costs 15$, so this should really help to find out in an affordable way how good it is.

All the others who signed in for Science Friction will get an email soon so that they can get a treated sample card for just the postage. At least I am able to realize that soon.

Chinese Proverb
MagicJuggler
View Profile
Inner circle
Anchorage, AK
1161 Posts

Profile of MagicJuggler
That sounds like an excellent idea, I hope you sell a lot.

-Matt
Matthew Olsen

www.mattolsenmagic.com

I heard from a friend that anecdotal evidence is actually quite reliable.
TheGreatRaymondo
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
964 Posts

Profile of TheGreatRaymondo
Quote:
On 2012-07-10 21:08, magicHart wrote:
Would be nice if they would market a trial size.
If it's as good as advertised, they will sell tons more to satisfied customers!

I bought it when it was first released. It is as good as it is advertised. It does exactly what they say it will do.
We are inclined to believe those whom we do not know because they have not yet deceived us...
magicHart
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas, Nevada
548 Posts

Profile of magicHart
Thanks for your comments Juggler......looking forward to seeing the effects on the website!
kellaroneil
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of kellaroneil
Was introduced in person to Science Friction this week by another magical friend...what an amazing tool!
G3LO
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of G3LO
Is it dangerous to touch the stuff before it dries completely to the skin?
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1706 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
Well, I am not a doctor, you definitrly should not inhale it, but I sprayed myself with it several times (accidentally) and still feel ok. Maybe I will collapse one day and this would have a thousand reasons.

Regarding being harmful to the skin and you would feel it directly: no. There is no itching, you can rub it off if you want.

Chinese Proverb
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10475 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On 2012-11-19 22:39, G3LO wrote:
Is it dangerous to touch the stuff before it dries completely to the skin?

Like any aersol it is best to use in an open space and not inhale directly.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme- "One of the most versatile and well made utility devices I have ever used. Highly recommended." Bob Cassidy www.SvenPads.com
patrickmg
View Profile
New user
South Florida
57 Posts

Profile of patrickmg
There should be a Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) data sheet provided or at least available for download with all the health information regarding the product.
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1706 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
Everything necessary to be declared, including safety and health issues have to be printed on the label. And that is.

What you will not find but maybe it should when sold in the USA: don't heat the can in your microwave, don't use it as hairspray for a solid new look, don't spray it under your shoes to get more grip during winter season. And also: don't spray it onto yourself.

But when I am asked: magicians have more (clever/stupid) ideas I could ever dream of.

Chinese Proverb
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10475 Posts

Profile of saysold1
LOL! Smile

You go Christian!

But on a much more serious note...

1. Can I use SF as an effective deodorant? Especially before a big gig?

2. Can Science Friction be used to add a little "spice" in the bedroom? Smile
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme- "One of the most versatile and well made utility devices I have ever used. Highly recommended." Bob Cassidy www.SvenPads.com
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
3975 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Quote:
On 2012-11-23 01:06, saysold1 wrote:

2. Can Science Friction be used to add a little "spice" in the bedroom? Smile

Spray enough and it can be used as a virtual condom. Try it! Smile
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Merc Man
View Profile
Inner circle
Nuneaton, Warwickshire
2567 Posts

Profile of Merc Man
Quote:
On 2012-11-23 21:15, Chessmann wrote:
Spray enough and it can be used as a virtual condom. Try it! Smile

I prefer to use cling film - so that I can 'roll my own'.
Barry Allen

"The Rules of the Sleight-of-Hand Artist, are three and all others are vain; the first and second are 'practice', and the third one is 'practice again'.

Edward Victor 1936
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Science Friction - the new roughing solution?! (9 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL