The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Science Friction - the new roughing solution?! (9 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
4674 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Card Sharks invisible deck thatvhe sells on the site is made with SF spray. It is a good way to test the water. But I am all in on everything Phoenix.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
briancharles1002
View Profile
New user
SC
51 Posts

Profile of briancharles1002
Quote:
On Sep 19, 2019, Poof-Daddy wrote:
Card Sharks invisible deck thatvhe sells on the site is made with SF spray. It is a good way to test the water. But I am all in on everything Phoenix.

I ordered some regular and marked decks earlier this week. I've used nothing, but bicycles so if I like Phoenix (as much as I think I will), I'll need to replace some current things like the invisible deck, BW, and others so I'm quickly building a wish list off of his site. Do you have his double deck? I'm wondering if that will go toward the MT deck we discussed elsewhere? Or maybe he can make me a custom MT deck?
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3297 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Can SF be made to stick cards together with a heavy application?

i.e. I want pairs that can be handled singly by spectators apart from the deck yet be separated when desired.
New Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

Direct from me (PW: cassidy)

On Penguin Magic
Waterloophai
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1183 Posts

Profile of Waterloophai
Quote:
On Sep 21, 2019, Last Laugh wrote:

No, it cannot.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3080 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
There are other solutions that do that .
However they won’t separate easily without talking unless you know exactly how to do it Gaz 🙂
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
1943 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
Quote:
On Sep 21, 2019, Last Laugh wrote:

i.e. I want pairs that can be handled singly by spectators apart from the deck yet be separated when desired.

Sticking aside -- unless you're using something like the Phoenix Double Deckers, two cards stuck together are going to feel/look fishy if you let a spectator handle them.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3080 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Absolutely , I couldn’t agree more with the last poster Gaz 🙂
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3297 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
It's not for playing cards. For business cards and/or double blank 'flash cards'.

I usually use a roughing stick for this, which works great at first but it dries out after a few days. Was hoping for something that is a little more permanent. It needs to stick together but also not feel too tacky (so repo glue is out). I guess the roughing stick is still the best, I just need to reapply on occasion.
New Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

On Penguin Magic
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3080 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Plastidip on both cards may work for what you need Gaz 🙂
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3297 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Good idea, I'll try that. I was hoping to have only one card treated, but plasti-dip is fairly innocuous feeling so it might work.
New Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

On Penguin Magic
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3080 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Yes it is fairly innocuous , more so as you know that all the cards will be consistent Gaz 🙂
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2393 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
I was thinking of buying some Science Friction and was curious what the leather wallet it says it comes with is like. Is it similar to a JOL packet trick wallet?
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3080 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
It is leather with an outer mesh type pocket and inside if you open like a book has quite a lot of plastic sleeves poker card size to hold possible 10 card gimmicks for various effects . I have one just I can’t lay my hands on it right now . Anyway that’s pretty much what it is and it’s very nice Gaz 🙂
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2393 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
Thanks Gaz
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3080 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
My Pleasure Paul 🙂
chrom
View Profile
New user
93 Posts

Profile of chrom
Question for SF users. I have been a long term user myself and I have always had good results. However, an effect I am now creating needs a little more stick. I would like the stick to be strong enough that I can toss the cards on the table without them coming apart. Then on a reverse to be able to have the cards come apart. Any ideas on different substances? I have tried SF and a roughing stick and it works but the cards come apart even on a slight lay down.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Science Friction - the new roughing solution?! (9 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL