The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Animal seance (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18823 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Hello you dark and mysterious creatures...

an idea I had earlier this year that I know I wont be using, but think might be interesting nethertheless is this...

(not claiming its new or anything, just not seen it discussed much)...

animal seances...

using the same methodology as we would to say, make a bell move, or to have an object be picked up and moved...but instead, using paw prints...

imagine a circular table, powdered with a suitable substance...during the seance people could maybe hear a small bell being jingle-jangled, an odour in the air...lighting a candle reveals little paw prints coming out from the centre of the table towards a member of the seance, who has lost pet cat or dog...

they have visited one last time just to say they are still by their feet at night, and they purr or softly bark at times so that their owner is aware of them...

I don't do seance work - but I thought it was an interesting alternative/addition...and I enjoyed the visuals in my mind's eye as I imagined it...
I've asked to be banned
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2906 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
It's an interesting idea, but I can tell you from personal experience that using a persons dead pet can be overpowering for a sitter, even more so than a departed relative. It is too powerful and you run the risk of a sitter having an emotional breakdown, even if make completely clear that what you are doing is not true phenomenon.
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11161 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Yikes! Pet Sematary!!
~michael baker
The Magic Company
EddiefromEugene
View Profile
New user
Eugene, Oregon
83 Posts

Profile of EddiefromEugene
I think it's a very clever idea! Seance presentations can be inherently emotional if not handled correctly. Obviously the less personal you keep it, the better. This applies to contacting four-legged spirits as well as human spirits. Perhaps your medium character could specialize in contacting celebrity dogs such as Lassie or Rin Tin Tin.

Methodology-wise, I think a dark seance could lend itself to all kinds of hijinks! I'm researching how to make life-like paw prints now...
docsteve
View Profile
Inner circle
1831 Posts

Profile of docsteve
I just can't get the image of Derek Achora barking - I believe it was a "TV Highlight of the Week" on Harry Hill!
Maybe I can find it YouTube...
[
docsteve
View Profile
Inner circle
1831 Posts

Profile of docsteve
Ah, the interweb is a wonderful thing sometimes...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qh3clLpAIpU
[
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
11161 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Quote:
On 2011-08-03 05:15, docsteve wrote:
Ah, the interweb is a wonderful thing sometimes...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qh3clLpAIpU

Ha-ha!!! Woof! Woof! Woof!

I never heard of that show, but it's pretty funny! Thanks!
~michael baker
The Magic Company
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3321 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Add an evil pit bull to the mix and it could be very frightening if presented right. Banish the evil pet and save the good ones from being bullied in the afterlife.
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
Sid Helkule
View Profile
Inner circle
Australia
1481 Posts

Profile of Sid Helkule
Quote:
On 2011-08-03 04:59, EddiefromEugene wrote:
I think it's a very clever idea!

That has to be first time Iain has been classed as "clever". Please don't help his oversized, excessively hairy bear like head grow any bigger.

P.S. Loved the paw print imagery, great idea you daft b***ard. Smile
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5109 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
I wouldn't announce that it was a pet, ahead of time. It'd be much more fun to unfold the plot, image by image.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
Marqus
View Profile
Special user
876 Posts

Profile of Marqus
Iain,

I had started to work on, what I was calling my "dog' seance that I would offer to sitters.

I only was in the outlining stage of writing the seance. I will have to look through my notes/file cabinet for these ideas.
(The past year I've been struggling with a health issue & put lots of magic-related things on the backburner. Starting to feel better.)
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5109 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
Sitters or setters?
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
dmkraig
View Profile
Inner circle
1949 Posts

Profile of dmkraig
I don't remember where I read it, but I seem to remember the story of a seance where the medium was getting messages and giving them to a sitter who couldn't understand how the ghost could be saying those things because the ghost was the spirit of her dog. It was clever and humorous...for a bit.
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
11161 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Quote:
On 2011-08-03 10:51, Harley Newman wrote:
Sitters or setters?

Ha!
~michael baker
The Magic Company
EddiefromEugene
View Profile
New user
Eugene, Oregon
83 Posts

Profile of EddiefromEugene
Quote:
On 2011-08-03 10:51, Harley Newman wrote:
Sitters or setters?

Dammit you beat me to it!
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5109 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
I'm just a wag.

www.bladewalker.com
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
You don't think IAIN is yanking our chain ?

Sadly,I do have a couple ideals for this! Smile

-G
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5109 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
It's the leash you could do.

www.bladewalker.com
LebanonCircle
View Profile
Special user
London, UK
895 Posts

Profile of LebanonCircle
I spend enough time trying to get cats out of my garden without having deceased ones crapping all over my seance table too! You could have a little hamster cage with a wheel that turns on its own....just an idea........
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
There was a zoo keeper that was stomped on, and killed by a elephant years ago in my home town.
Bringing back the elephant !
If I could only figure out a way to 'Squish' someone without hurting them to bad ...

Add on: I did have some after thought on this...you could mount some sub "woofers" under the floor,facing up. Play the elephant's marching from "The Lion King" soundtrack. And,fill the room with the smell of elephant poo. That smell we all know from a zoo or circus !
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Animal seance (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL