The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mind Meld (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DekEl
View Profile
Inner circle
Creates MindTricks. Has exactly:
1172 Posts

Profile of DekEl
This is from another idea I was pondering during my trip. Don't tell me that you've never felt a surge of jealousy watching Spock from Star Trek use his mind melding abilities to steal thoughts willingly or unwillingly. With Mind Meld, the effect I've come up with, you can do just that. This is what it looks like:

The performer ask his spectator to think of a word. He then asks the spectator to find that word in a dictionary, and use its definition to help him/her visualize it more clearly. He then asks the spectator to think of another word, and repeat the process. The mentalist then asks the spectator to mentally choose one of these words. He then places his hands on the spectators head, touching key points of the participant's head and face, and temporarily merges their consciousness to steal the word from the spectator's mind, and names it. During the melding process, the spectator can actively fight against the performer's mind, but it will be of no avail.

This effect does not use:

Dual reality
Stooges/Confederates/Instant Stooges
Preshow
Writing
Fishing of any kind
Naming of any word by the spectator
The saying of anything by a spectator except after the effect is done

Furthermore, the words thought of by the spectator are truly a free choice, and not forced, psychologically otherwise. They don't have to look through a list of words and choose a pair as in Word Sight, the words exist only in their mind, at least until the mind meld is performed, at any rate.

I've only performed this a few times, after a good deal of practice, and it worked perfectly or near perfectly both times. This will work one on one, and can be performed impromptu with a pocket dictionary.

I'm looking for some of you to have a look at this (again). I'm heading to sleep soon, but I'll send out some copies in the morning (I cleaned out my inbox so I have more space).

Kind Regards,

DekEl
You can purchase my works at: http://www.GetMindTricks.com
DekEl
View Profile
Inner circle
1172 Posts

Profile of DekEl
I've (more than) reached the number of readers I was targeting. Thank you for your interest.

I've been playing with the idea of a low level of roleplay, where in the word that the spectator is thinking of is a password that the Vulcan wants, so that he can perform a forced Mind Meld and retrieve it. I think it might be more powerful (and theatrically enjoyable) that way.
DekEl
View Profile
Inner circle
1172 Posts

Profile of DekEl
Additional note, muscle reading is not used in this effect.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mind Meld (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL